cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

thepetyoga
Just visiting

Try searching with the “all pin” changed to “Your pins”.

If you still don't find them then message support, some of us ‘oldies’ have the same issue.

1 Kudo
Kontentsia
Posts regularly

Continuation of my story with support...
(profile: Scattered Quotes)

I've waited 8 weeks since escalation to technical support...

Nothing happenned after 8 weeks as expected, I wrote them to get an update and they only told me they found nothing wrong. I again explained my issue and got the usual answers (fresh pins blablabla).

So I decided to deal with it one issue at the time... "Why are all my 8k+ pins gone from search?" I asked. I even sent an example of a specific search query returning only stolen pins.

The answer from support? Screenshot of that search and "I can see your pins fine, they are not stolen, look". It was a screenshot of the stolen pins that I've been talking about. Yes, my images but not posted by me, not my domain, but a spam link = stolen pin. Most likely scraped even.

3 months at this, and now I have to explain what stolen pins are, to the people that are supposed to help me.

I asked to get referred to someone else. That is the story for now...

So far this issue could be considered fatal...

Did you suddently lose all your impressions in one day? And are your pins gone from search?
- You are done. Your account is dead. There is no solution so far and the support is waste of time.

I think the people in this thread have tried more to test and fix it than the support have.

And the worst part? It keeps hitting more and more accounts, when will the number be high enough to get them to fix it?

- Alesia Skye: @ScatteredQuotes & @Kontentsia (nothing there yet)
2 Kudos
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

@Kontentsia 

Something I have always wanted to know is what causes an account's pins to suddenly disappear from search and be replaced by stolen pins. I still don't know the answer to that. It's one thing to not see your pins in search but it's another to see them there but linking to spam sites.

The stolen pins issue is devastating.  I'm not sure what these spammers are doing to outrank the original pins, but these stolen pins have been pinned thousands of times across Pinterest.  I was reporting thousands of these stolen pins and they keep appearing in search no matter what.

Filing DMCA claims and shutting down accounts does nothing because it doesn't block spam domains. You have to understand there are thousands of these stolen pins that are linking to the same spam domain.

I've had the same experience with support.  If you contact support about blocking a domain that uses a redirect to spam, they don't do anything.  When you show them these stolen pins, they say everything looks normal even though these pins are linking to spam. Unfortunately, the only thing to do is to start over and forget about the stolen pins.

2 Kudos
guidegym
Just visiting

My sister was blocked altogether, she wrote here that her traffic failed, and as a result, after sending letters to support her, she was blocked, said that she was a spammer, the person spent 2.5 years on Pinterest, all this time she kicked pins, fresh and unique, as a result, it turned out that she was a spammer and the site, along with the account and all the pins, was blocked ... for her, Pinterest died and she will not return here anymore ... so much time was wasted, and now she cannot even access her account and pins .... this is how Pinterest can do to you at any time for 2-3 or 5 years you are here .... unlike YouTube where administrators are more adequate, and where it is not scary to develop themselves .... she had a nickname beattattoo and her site http://beattattoo.com, everyone can understand that this is a site for tattoos and it is not spam as many on the Pinterest site are

@PinterestGabby support said that it would not unblock her account ... and is this the end?

0 Kudos
jadeqinofashion
Just visiting

May you advise how to add hashtags? I am also finding the ways to improve my account views. Appreciated. 😊

0 Kudos
GoBookMart
Just visiting

Target for keywords, use relevant hashtags and engage with contents like you are creating. in case you have website use RSS feed.

shashi shekhar
0 Kudos
decorhomeidea
Just visiting

Pinterest support is the worst ever on the Internet. You can send thousands of support tickets and all you've got is - it's normal, there is no problem, users are evolving, the same bu****it again and again.

I can't find any of my fresh and original pins even when searching them by their long description - 3-4 sentences. They are just blocked and no where to be found on Pinterest. Even Google finds them on Pinterest in their image search, but not Pinterest. This is obviously a restriction block on my website and pins and Pinterest support refuses to take action and remove the block. No matter how many examples, diagrams, screenshots I sent, they just reply with - all is good, continue with uploading more fresh and original pins. 

6 Kudos
sewingmachinefun

Hi, I'm hoping I can get some answers here!

This has been a frustrating and very devastating two weeks.

I was enjoying good traffic on my account, and then suddenly, my account was decimated. My pins no longer appear in search, and my impressions are 0 (or less than 5) on new pins. I contacted support wondering if my account was flagged. They said no and also sent this message.

"Like other organic distribution platforms, Pinterest sees natural ebbs and flows with content distribution, which results in variations in impression volume and viewership. Oftentimes, fluctuations can result from changes in seasonality, related interests for content, format type, engagement rates, or updates that Pinterest makes to our system to better deliver valuable ideas to Pinners....We encourage creators to continue to post high-quality, inspiring ideas to see what resonates with their audience on Pinterest...Pinterest encourages creators to publish new, original content on a regular basis as the best way to build an audience on Pinterest....I completely understand the concern about this organic traffic drop, but keep in mind that ultimately, we make changes to our algorithm to improve the user experience, which means more **quality** traffic."

I understand the importance of algorithm changes and seasonal variations, but to have hundreds of website visits one day and then none the next? I also don't understand how publishing fresher and more **quality** pins will revive my account if my pins are not searchable on the platform and are not distributed.

And for a little background: I have another blog with my sister that has been around for many years. I've always managed the Pinterest account. While it definitely has seasonal ebb and flow and the occasional small hiccup, it has never been impacted like this. All this to say basically I am not a complete dunce when it comes to pinning, and this shared blog is doing well still with my pinning strategies of producing fresh, **quality** content. I have stuff to learn, of course, but that's part of the fun of constantly figuring out how to better your blog 🙂

When I decided to start my own solo blog (the one I'm having issues with), I began enjoying good traffic growth this last year with Pinterest. I then decided to sign up for Tailwind in mid-August to take some of the manual load off myself. Despite some confusion about the acceptance of third-party pinning services in June (I think it was?) by Pinterest, I decided it was worth it based on recommendations from other bloggers. There have also been little bugs along the way, but I never thought anything of it. And even recently, there was some issue with how pins added to Tribes were saved to profiles, and Tailwind gave an extra 30 pins to all Tribes members as a thank you for bearing with them through the issue. Yippee! Or so I thought. 

So, one day, I added a ton of pins to Tailwind Tribes, and I was excited to see MANY repins within my Tailwind account. And then right after that, I'm now looking at a ruined business account and a useless blog that will never draw Pinterest traffic again. I'm trying to figure out if this is related, and how I can reverse it. Tailwind was unable to provide any insight into the sudden turn of events and suggested I reach out to this forum. 

To work so hard on something to have it one day disappear and not be able to get a true answer as to why is so incredibly disheartening. If anyone has any idea why this happened, I would really, really appreciate it! (And yes, I pinned fresh pins from 5 newly-published blog posts recently, and they have been well-received on my blog. So 0 people from Pinterest being interested in them is not normal.)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Pixietwin1
Posts regularly

I’d really like to know what Pinterest customer support actually is doing.  I’ve been dealing with them for three months. I posted many times. My monthly views went from 700K to 250K in one day. Everyone of my video pins had their views and saves drop by 3/4. And I also have a unique situation in which my views and saves actually have rolled back. It happens all the time. Even on my brand new pins with real time estimates. For example a pin may have 100 views on a Monday. And I look on a Tuesday and it’s down to 11 views. How does that happen? 

Wednesday eve Nov 18 update-my stats had not been updated in literally 5 days. I sent a message to support and received the typical reply asking me to send them a pin link so they could check it out. I sent the link and explained that it’s not just this one particular pin it’s every one of my pins. And of course after five days and receiving notifications of saves it should greatly increase. Well today at the end of Day five I see they’ve updated. Now it says (last updated two days ago). A video pin that should’ve increased over 100 only went up 18 saves. My monthly viewership has gone from 700K down to almost 200K. It’s strange that for monthly viewership it reduces daily. So all of my stats are delayed and wrong, but the one thing they manage to do almost daily is reduce monthly viewership count.  I guess I’ll go down to zero soon

1 Kudo
jodeakinltd
Just visiting

We set up our account in August and the lack of impressions and no engagement is a real concern. Is this perhaps stuck in a spam filter? How can I check or get someone to look at it for us please ? 

0 Kudos