cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

miaharperdesign
Just visiting

I've been checking daily on impressions and views. The views even with new content are going down. If you don't use trending keywords it is much harder to maintain the status quo. However, who on earth can keep on checking for trending keywords and applying them to your relevant content. Suddenly it's a fools game of catchup.

I'm giving this 'til the end of the month and if things don't improve I will just quit this platform and cancel Tailwind which by the way I've also been having problems with. I wouldn't invest in their Create either too expensive just to produce fresh pins which you have to fiddle around with to get looking good with your content.

Though followers are growing daily I'm getting no sales so it is a waste of time! I'm a graphic designer and if my pins are not getting traction then heavens what about those who are non-designers.

Pinterest are all about making profits at the end of the day and not giving away traffic for nothing! Etsy (although not a social media platform) I believe has also drastically changed their methods, a lot of disgruntled sellers. I think most social media platforms will want to give preference to those who spend on ads with them.

I really don't know what the answer is for those of us who continue to post fresh pins but spend no or little money to advertise.

1 Kudo
foodologygeek
Just visiting

I have also had this exact same issue! My traffic plummeted in July.

In addition, I had access to story pins, and then suddenly Pinterest took them away. 

Pinterest claims that I am not marked in the spam filter. 

I have been posting brand new pins daily which has increased my engagement slightly as long as I use video pins. My new Regular pins are getting less than 20 impressions. 

It is super frustrating. I was hoping to spend a little money doing promoted pins but with everything happening, I am super reluctant to spend any money promoting pins if Pinterest isn't seeing my content as worth promoting. 

Has anyone seen any strategy that has helped? Or gotten any help from Pinterest? I've reached out 3 times now about access to story pins. I also reached out about traffic. With just an Oh some people have them and some people don't..But I did have them.....why would you take them away????

Any help @PinterestGabby 

1 Kudo
thepetyoga
Just visiting

My mind can finally rest.

I thought I was the problem. I have over 40 articles on my site (pet and animals) and at some point I was getting over 25 visits a day from pinterest (still new to pinterest). Now I struggle to get 5 visit and my pins are getting 1-5 impressions after 5-10 days. 

Can't post affiliate links and when I contact support, a robot replies. 

I'm creating new pins daily, but how long can a person continue to "create new pins" when the old ones are not doing well or showing any signs of doing so.

WTF is a robot responding to my message and when I reply "I'd like a human's assistance, please" the next response is from Gmail "couldn't deliver message"?

I hope they get it fixed soon. 

2 Kudos
miaharperdesign
Just visiting

@thepetyoga As your new to Pinterest have you considered putting your articles on Medium? They pay you for your articles and you can drive traffic to your website this way.

I think everyone is currently finding Pinterest algorithms have changed drastically. They are not favourable to those who don't pay for their ads!

3 Kudos
rightplant

My traffic dropped dramatically 66% overnight.  I have heard of Pinterest sometimes spamming accounts which seems to be my issue. Does anyone have experience on how to resolve this? 

0 Kudos
miaharperdesign
Just visiting

Well as expected, Pinterest hasn't disappointed me, another day and views have edged further down!!

I wonder if I continued to stop pinning anything it will clock ZERO.

I'm about to give up and get down to real work! ie.my website and writing articles which will be a whole lot better, more satisfying than trying to make this platform work.

0 Kudos
CommonCentsHub
Just visiting

I've opened two tickets in the past 5 weeks for the same issue, and was told that I was inadvertently caught in a spam filter. I was told that the issue was resolved and I should pin as normal and things should correct themselves. I've been pinning for 4 years and have never been flagged before. But I don't know how anyone can look at the graph below and conclude that my account is not still being throttled. Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 4.08.56 PM.png

3 Kudos
miaharperdesign
Just visiting

@CommonCentsHub That's quite a drastic drop. 

I've looked at my stats and they have dropped by 54%.

I tried contacting the Pinterest group but no joy. I personally give up there is more to life than trying to work out their crazy system.

I'm going to do what I have already said in an earlier comment and that is to produce articles on Medium and drive traffic to my website that way.

Like I said I firmly believe Pinterest prefer you to pay for your ads. Unless you do so visibility is going to be too low to make anything from it!

0 Kudos
chabitaala

Hello, 

It's been weeks I created my pins and still no impression. I even try to search my own pin with exact title or keywords nothing appears. Could you help me solve this problem. 

0 Kudos
protectionofbees

Well, you could try adding hashtags and better titles I guess if you want them to gain impressions. Honestly, hashtags have helped me a lot.

Hope I was of help 🙂 

0 Kudos