cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

purevacations

Yes, same here.... my pins have all but stopped and I "know" there should be high numbers. 

Suddenly there is an issue. 

Guess will just need to wait and see what is going on.  😞

0 Kudos
furfunmeinfo
Just visiting

Now I know Pinterest has been having issues and people are experiencing similar stuff but, to be honest, that doesn't help me feel like theirs a light at the end of this tunnel.

About a month ago I lost 90% of my website traffic, Impressions, and conversions. I contacted Pinterest and was assured nothing was wrong with my account like spam flagging.

I was also told to create new content to help re-build my impressions again. Because new content was being prioritized now. 

The last month I have done nothing but create new quality content and images. However, I'm still 80% down and taking a massive financial hit. I feel hopeless and like throwing everything in the bin, to be honest.

My previously ranked successful content and pins no longer exist on the platform, I can find them in my business hub but when I search for them they're completely gone, even when I search my content only.

However, they rank in my analytics as my top pins still? I get absolutely no traffic through to my website for these pins? Yet they are still my top-performing pin that no longer exists?? How can that be "A functioning perfectly account?" 

My current best pin that brings through about the only traffic I currently get doesn't show up in my business hub as a top pin? But does in my analytics section... 

Im just no longer convinced there's nothing wrong with my account, I've been in touch again but I'm just so frustrated and heartbroken that all my hard work is gone and all my new hard work is doing next to nothing, except 1 pin.

Even if someone could tell me my acc defiantly isn't perfectly functional would at least make me feel there was an end to this in sight but to get replies that it's running perfectly, and has no issues just makes me want to give up.
It's clearly not all right and I've waited a month+ now to see if it will sort itself.

Sorry for the long read/rant just frustrated and writing it out actually helps a little.

Thanks to anyone that gets this far or can help me at all.

Sheryl - Fur Fun with Me! Owner.

3 Kudos
lifezeazy
Just visiting

Hi,

Ask them about your domain instead of account because your account might be safe, but your domain is likely flagged by their spam blocker.

I have the same problem but haven't fixed yet. They told me that it will take several days to fix the issue. God knows!

1 Kudo
furfunmeinfo
Just visiting

thank you!!!! I will definitely try this and fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
troprockin
Just visiting

Hundreds of people are having the same problem.  @PinterestJanice  can link to the latest announcement that there isn't anything Pinterest will be changing regarding the distribution of pins. I can't find her post now.... 

To add my commentary / OPINION to your specific question "Is it worth being on Pinterest anymore?" - It's certainly debatable. Pinterest went public and their business strategy changed. The goal for Pinterest now is to keep people on their platform more/longer. This allows them to serve up more ads. Understandable business strategy.  Think "Story Pins" - there is no way to ad a link to a Story Pin... so basically, it seems the purpose of a Story Pin is to have bloggers create "free" content to entertain Pinterest users, keep them on the platform longer so the users see more ads.

Same thing Facebook did several years ago. A ton of bloggers left Facebook since then because their FB Page is squashed unless they pay to "boost" their posts. For large blogs, they can afford this and are still doing well. It seems Pinterest is headed down this same road. Large bloggers will be fine, as they will be able to afford to run Pinterest ads. For small bloggers who can't afford to pay to have their Pins shown, I think they'll move on as they did with FB. The main difference is....  Pinterest relies on Creators to put content on their platform in order for them to show ads in between that content. So, it's disheartening how Pinterest is treating Creators/Bloggers. Without Creator/Blogger content, Pinterest will only be ads from large companies. Unlike FB, where the general public posts constantly and therefore, there is plenty of user created content to show ads in between in the Newsfeed.

For the "next" platform.... TikTok seems to be growing in popularity for bloggers. And eventually, surely the same thing will happen there.

Small bloggers might just have to keep chasing traffic from platforms that haven't gone public yet.

Suggestions: Join a few FB Groups that focus on "how to" market your blog on Pinterest (you can find us all complaining about the drop in Pinterest traffic there too) but a lot of information on how bloggers are trying to recover their Pinterest traffic.

2 Kudos
upswinglife
Just visiting

hey @PinterestGabby

Please help!

I was scheduling all pins (fresh) through Tailwind and all of sudden started getting single digit impressions for every pin! So I moved over to the Pinterest native scheduler - and woohoo, impressions galore - 1k-9k for all fresh pins. Amazing. And then on Friday 23rd Oct my pins started getting single digit impressions again. I believe there is something wrong with my account. Please can you help me, this is my business and my livelihood. I am so exhausted the problems Pinterest is causing, I just want to be able to give Pinterest what it wants, and at least have my impressions be worth my effort. My account is https://www.pinterest.co.uk/upswinglife and I am pleased to be emailed as well at chris@lifeupswing.com . Thanks Gabby, I really appreciate the help!!

0 Kudos
upcyclemystuff
Just visiting

hi

i want to add my experience to the ones already raised in this thread.  Last week I had a drastic drop in traffic/impressions/engagement etc.  I emailed support and was told my account had been mistakenly flagged as spam and it should be corrected in several days.   

My traffic from Pinterest has continued to get worse since then.  

I am disheartened to read how long others have been struggling with similar issues.  Is there a way to avoid this long drawn out process of back and forth with support? 

For context I post at least one new blog post every week that gets several fresh pins.  I use tailwind and follow their advice of posting no more than 25 pins a day and usually a bit less.

I was getting 4.3m monthly impressions and approx 1.2k visits to my blog per day from Pinterest - I am now down to 3.6m impressions over the course of 1 week and down to like 200 visits a day.  

I will attach screenshots of the sudden drop:

A8C70362-F835-49EF-999C-B895C69A641A.png

 the number at the top shows 27% drop but it is still counting the good engagement from earlier in the month so the drop is actually far more drastic than that.

any advice you have or ability to escalate my ticket would be appreciated.  Ticket #5759711

i realise it has only been just over a week for me and others have been struggling with this for longer but I wanted to add my voice and also of course see if there is a way to address this quicker.  

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give. 

3 Kudos
integratefamily

I am having exactly the same problem and they just sent me to this page...I am curious if somehow I was flagged as spam or something even though I have no idea how and not quite sure who to reach out to and how to address this.  It's very disheartening, because I work really hard to create good content on pinterest and no one even sees it:(

0 Kudos
Pixietwin1
Posts regularly

I saw your post and It’s interesting that I’ve been posting this same headline for the past six weeks and I have not once received a reply of it happening to anyone else. I thought I was on an island alone. Had a few people who empathized with me but they did not have the same problem. Last Wednesday all of my Video pin saves dropped by at least half. Regardless of their save numbers,  they were slashed about in half. I posted that here as well as the response I received at Pinterest CS telling me that they are no longer looking into problems like this. When this happens to me, as it has for the last two months, I never get those missing saves back. And I thought maybe it was over for a while but it happened to me again today. I have brand new video pins with real time estimates and they’re not even accurate. It’s frustrating, and I’ve gotten absolutely zero help from Pinterest customer support. For every new 50 saves, half of those will just disappear any day of the week. And they never return, and I keep getting notifications but the number of overall saves mostly remains always the same. Once a pin start trending, this seems to happen and drops their saves down and then I have to wait for weeks to grow again to even come close to the original number. So it’s like a hamster running on a treadmill going nowhere.  

I have to add that it’s nice you receive some replies of people experiencing the same thing because I sure haven’t. I’m glad to know I’m not alone. Oh one more thing to add. My followers aren’t updating accurately and I just started keeping a list in the last two weeks and there’s at least 30 new people that are not added. If this has been going on for a long time just think of the missing followers. Notified them about this two months ago and still no help. And I also had not only the saves drop in large numbers but I also experienced what you did with the views being slashed. My entire account seems to be totally messed up.

0 Kudos
byrebechij
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby  @PinterestJanice Hello! I have a massive traffic drop for the 2nd time in 2 months! My old pins are removed from search results, there are single digit impressions for my new pins, no link clicks - basically the same effect when it was marked as a spam for the first time! I have already sent 7 tickets and no one responses me for more than a week already! I am totally not spammer, I am just a blogger that can't seem to figure out this new algorithm thing. I have lost all my traffic, all my income - everything! I see this problem going around different Pinterest support forums for many people! Could you please help me? I am frustrated and desperate!

7 Kudos