cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

learntothecore

Adding my drastic drop in traffic to this conversation... 

Even though I am creating about 3 images for each post and creating fresh content consistently on my blog, I'm seeing a drastic drop in traffic. While following best practices, this seems odd. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 7.07.14 AM.png

0 Kudos
abetterresume
Loves to help

There are 329 participants in the drop in traffic thread. Feel free to take a look for

some answers.

https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/support-and-questions/mega-topic-sudden-decrease-around-70-in-rea...

1 Kudo
nickiscrafts
Just visiting

I'm experiencing the same issue. It's very concerning. Please fix this, Pinterest! 😞 

Nicole of Nicki's Homemade Crafts

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 8.14.38 AM.png

1 Kudo
eltoncilliers
Just visiting

I've experienced the same issue on my own photography-related account, and on another account that I help post content to for a friend. 

Both accounts have gone from a decent number of impressions per pin to many having 0 impressions, with the majority getting under 10 impressions!

I've received the same copy and paste responses from support. That it's seasonal etc. Photography isn't seasonal (weddings arguably) and after a 28-year career in IT, I'm not a fool when it comes to web technology.

Impressions simply do not go from 2000+ impressions per pin to 0-5 overnight. 

As someone who sings the praises of Pinterest to get organic reach, it's very frustrating to me the way in which Pinterest are handling this, or more accurately, aren't handling it.

Denying an issue exists, when you just have to look at this thread to know that's a lie, isn't a great way in which to be transparent with your users. If there's an issue Pinterest, be honest! Tell us how long it will take to fix rather than encouraging us to waste our time creating fresh pins which no one sees!

Sort it out before the reputation of the platform is permanently damaged and you chase off all the creators and supporters of the platform.

5 Kudos
liveloveruntravel
Just visiting

Thanks, but this is a whole new issue and not the normal low reach issues of the past (I've dealt with those on a few accounts as well - both spam blocker and non-spam blocker and recovered the traffic from those). This is a low reach issue only on fresh pins but not story or video pins. This is across all niches including niches that are in high season right now (even with high quality pins on top Pinterest trend topics). All best practices are being followed, and some of these accounts pin basically only fresh content (no repeat pins at all).

I got a reply back from the help desk from a ticket I submitted before posting this saying it is part of a new spam blocker issue that should be resolved in a few days, but it is impacting all 30+ accounts. They asked me to send all of the accounts, so I did that today. Waiting to get a response on that one now to see how widespread this new issue is since it started around the same time on all accounts and is impacting all accounts in the same way.

2 Kudos
runjumpscrap
Just visiting

Hi,

Sorry to hear this! I was just looking at the date of your reply and see only yesterday!

I have the same issue 😞 About 10 days ago pin impressions were in the 100s and 1000s and now getting 2. My old pins are getting traffic so I don't think it's a spam filter and Pinterest have come back with a personalised email and confirmed this. Also I can see my pins in the search but like you say something isn't right! My impressions analytics has plummeted and monthly users going down daily 😞

I agree with you! It's a waste of time making new pins. New content not getting seen. I've started doing one fresh pin a day only and that's it but so far nothing. Really hope Pinterest sorts this out!! Hope your account improves x

3 Kudos
runjumpscrap
Just visiting

This is me too! I will look one day and it's not too bad and the next day....down! I just wish could be sorted x

2 Kudos
runjumpscrap
Just visiting

Same issue 😞 Sorry. I wish they would sort it out.

1 Kudo
liveloveruntravel
Just visiting

Same issue on the same dates. Seems to be a new issue and different than any low traffic/low impressions issues I've seen in the past as it is longer and not impacting analytics overall in the same way. Hope we can get some answers/a solution soon!

1 Kudo
kalungigroup
Just visiting

Hi @typicallytopical 

I genuinely have tried to find the mythical "Contact Us" page on Pinterest in VAIN. I cant find any of the instructions you shared above! Is it because of the new Layout and all that? 

Any signpost link would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks @kalungigroup 

1 Kudo