cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

thefab20s
Just visiting

Had the exact same thing happen to me. My traffic plummeted on July 1st (over 50%) and I assumed it was an algorithm change/update or something.

I will be contacting Pinterest as well to see what can be done

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@ABCofParentingHi there & welcome to the community! Personally I don't see any drop in impressions on my own account. I'm tagging one of the Pinterest managers to step in here & help you with your question... @PinterestGabby 

Please allow a lag in response time, as it's the weekend.

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: Father's Day & Memorial Day / July 4th & BBQ / Grilling
1 Kudo
ABCofParenting
Just visiting

Thanks @foodiehomechef  for the details. Thanks a lot.

Dear @PinterestGabby  can you please look at my profile and help me to resolve the same. It has been more than three months I have been trying to figure this out. Since the day I had this drop, the title/ descriptions don't show on thumbnail images. 

1 Kudo
tikliwali
Just visiting

Dear @ABCofParenting , I have been facing the exact same issue since last few days. As you mentioned, the title don't display on the pin thumbnails. I have lost a huge engagement. 

@PinterestGabby Dear Gabby, Please have a look.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 10.33.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-10 at 10.33.27 AM.png

Titles are not showing. Check the below screengrab

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 6.23.00 PM.png

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@ABCofParenting   You're welcome, but I wish I could've helped more!

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: Father's Day & Memorial Day / July 4th & BBQ / Grilling
0 Kudos
lifezeazy
Just visiting

I saw a sharp decline in my traffic (70%), the day I reported a stolen pin. I don't know whether reporting is the reason but now as you said that you saw a decline, maybe that's what happened with me. Who knows. It's been two days, my Pinterest traffic went from 900-1000 visitors per day to 240-250 vpd. I even asked Pinterest team whether my account is flagged or shadowbanned, but they told that everything is fine. 😟

1 Kudo
velrajmca33
Just visiting

I think there is no bug in pinterest system/algorithm.They simply cut down all the free traffic and favor to the brands who can make money for pinterest  For example,etsy,wayfair etc). Irrespective of whatever pinning strategy you do, you wont get any traffic. I think this approach will definitely backfire pinterest. I feel sorry for all the users..

3 Kudos
my_naanu
Just visiting

Dear Pinterest.

We are tiny small cookie business.

Starting from 15th of August we noticed that it started a drastic decrease on impressions. It used to be over 30K and then 25K and then 17.7K for a week and now 12.2K and now 5,5K

What is going on please someone put a light on us, we only got automatic response with unhelpful tips. 

We are so confused and frustrated.

Please help us, thank you.
naanu.

0 Kudos
kalungigroup
Just visiting

@egruening 

You are not alone in your dilemma. I used to say Pinterest is better than Facebook, Linkedin, and Instagram put together. Lately, I am having to eat my own words. Heck, I wrote a book about the goodness of Pinterest "The Art of Pinterest Profits" and now I feel like pulling that down from Amazon. Afterall its not the only book I have written. 

My bread and butter are Social Media and Digital marketing. Yet of late Pinterest has stumped me. Their customer service has never been on point, And lately, it has gone from bad to worst. 

Imagine dropping from 800k Impressions to 95k @kalungigroup  and @Pkjulesworld and No repins/saves of my NEW pins to NEW content, even when they are getting 6k impressions per pin? My Videos are getting lots of hits BUT No Clickthroughs... Surely the system is rigged against the user right now and it's not even funny. I have put a stop on pinning until this si fixed, coz its a waste of my precious time. The time I can invest in platforms that are delivering something to my content. 

All my pins that were ranking have tanked. It needs fixing asap @PinterestBrad @PinterestGabby   @PinterestRyan please guys fix the problem. And instead of sending us canned responses to our Support tickets, give us a real answer. Some of us have been using Pinterest for years and singing its praise. Others are New and definitely need you to step up and show up. 

Thank you

1 Kudo
SideGains
Just visiting

Same problem for me here raised under multiple tickets. Attaching a screenshot of my stats highlighting the problem beginning in mid August.

dikckmnmjiilnagm.png

The problem is seen by using filters on just your own organic Pins that link to your claimed domain.

This screenshot shows a 90 day period and a huge drop mid August.

So far Pinterest support has told me this is normal.

Really?

Desperately trying to get some help with this or at least some clarification @PinterestGabby . So far support has advised me to try paid promotion!

I've raised the following tickets for this issue:  202454, 205112, 213419.

Please help!

0 Kudos