cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

irena_macri
Just visiting

@Kontentsia Yes, it is very possible that due to this spam activity our accounts got tagged as Spam or are simply not given the same exposure as before. 

I have done some searches before and found quite a few stolen pins linking to Spam accounts. I reported a few of them to Pinterest support but you're right, how much time can we realistically spend on this? I also have so many pins from the last 5-6 years of sharing content, it's impossible to find and report all the stolen pins unless I spend money to outsource this task.

I have stopped using hashtags in my new post pins and I have gone and deleted them from the top-performing pins. Or I just use 1 or 2, but now I am thinking maybe I should use none at all. Again, there are SO MANY pins that would have to be updated. 

My solution would be to update your most performing pins and stop using hashtags or reduce going forward. Maybe report stolen pins from highest performing posts or the ones that may be used to perform well for you but have dropped off the Pinterest radar. 

I don't know how Pinterest is dealing with this and the number of accounts that got falsely tagged as SPAM for this reason. I mean the sheer number of spam accounts out there is endless. I am surprised they haven't come out officially and told people to stop using hashtags. 

Anyways, good on you for digging deep to try and find the culprit. Good luck and may the force be with you, all honest Pinners! 

2 Kudos
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

@Kontentsia

Thanks for your post. Yes, I have known about this and let support know about this. When I search for the keywords that I was ranking for my site is replaced by spammers using my pins. I have tried reporting these spam pins but since these spammers are using automated methods there is just no way to keep up.  I just wasted a whole week trying to clean it up but every day more spam is created. There must be hundreds or thousands of spam pins. I gave up.

0 Kudos
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice

I am really thankful for this thread. Just when I think I finally have answers, support has done a 180. Last time support told me that I need to create more pins. I asked for clarification and somebody different from support answered. They said: On Pinterest the quality of your Pins matters more than posting frequently because things don't necessarily display chronologically on Pinterest.

It easy to get frustrated. For the last 3 months, it feels like I am just going in circles with no real answer. I really hope you can push my query to the engineering them. 

Reference here:  Id #208117

0 Kudos
tikliwali
Just visiting

We have been noticing a severe traffic drop on our Pinterest page. It's going down on a daily basis. Not sure what's causing this? Can someone please help us to understand what went wrong?

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 10.33.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-10 at 10.33.27 AM.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
egruening
Just visiting

You are not alone, there is a whole conversation happening in the product support section with others having the same issue (including me). Pinterest has no answers and keeps providing silly responses that basically sum up to "work harder". Check it out in that section to read what others have posted. 

0 Kudos
KCAEICtheblog
Just visiting

My pins now appear to have completely vanished from search and I recieved 1-2 pinterest referrals to the blog over the past couple of days. I've raised a ticket, however I'm not hopefull of a response. It would be great if somebody could dig into the root cause of the common issue that appears to be affecting this group and create a resolution. given the importance of pinterest to a food blogger to show their recipes and food photography to a wide audience, it's disheartening, not something we need in the worlds current circumstances.

0 Kudos
yousraeaseblog
Just visiting

Hello,

I really hope that someone can help me figuring out this issue that I am facing right now.

Some of my pins were ranking high for a number of keywords in the Pinterest search feed (even some pins were in the top row).

However, now when I type these keywords in the Pinterest search bar, none of my pins are showing.

It is just like all of my pins are hidden from the search feed, which makes me think if my Pinterest account is now flagged/marked as spam.

Plus, I notice during these last days a big drop in my Pinterest analytics numbers, which unfortunately affected my website traffic.

Right now my Pinterest referral traffic is pretty much dropped to 0. 

Just before this issue, my Pinterest traffic was steadily increasing and growing. 

Keeping in mind that I am following Pinterest’s best practices and posting fresh pins daily and fresh content regularly on the platform.

@PinterestJanice  @PinterestGabby  Any help you can provide to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you.

1 Kudo
lifezeazy
Just visiting

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem since yesterday.

I have seen a drop of around 70-80% traffic even after following all the best practices.

As of now, I have contacted Pinterest this morning. I will update if something happens.

0 Kudos
yousraeaseblog
Just visiting

Thank you for your reply!

I also contacted Pinterest, and still waiting for a response.

I hope that this issue will be solved as soon as possible.

Best of luck. 

0 Kudos
lifezeazy
Just visiting

Hi,

Please update when something happens.

Best of Luck.

0 Kudos