cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

startaonlinebiz
Just visiting

@startaonlinebiz 

Please share if anyone receives a real resolution besides the robot corporate responses of post fresh pins, and the account was flagged or account had a bug and was flagged.  Anyone receive anything different and how to avoid it happening?  This is my second time going through it.  Thanks 🙂

1 Kudo
dianavantankeren
Posts regularly

@kalungigroupThank you again Kalungigroup! I really appreciate your replies!

As for your question... I have been using the same ticket from when I claimed my website, so it's the pinterest business email address. Ryan is aware but unfortunately despite all screenshots there's no more replies.

And as for the ads... I was going to spend 50 dollars but as someone professional was going to set them up (which needs to be paid) I decided against it as it just does not make sense. Seeing your screenshots confirms this was a good choice and even more so... there's something not working and needs fixed.

@PinterestGabby@PinterestJanice @PinterestRyan @PinterestBrad 

https://www.pinterest.com/dianavantankeren/ Affordable Wall Art and Home Decor
1 Kudo
karmacleansing

My guess is that this drop occurred around 8/11? I’m surprised (not having worked on or without Pinterest for long) they they’re not taking this more seriously? I’m thinking the only sure fire way to help our sites is to go the google route. I can say, I certainly can’t and won’t pay for Tailwind if I can’t get anywhere on Pinterest. So I’m guessing both will soon see dramatic drops in usage. You can only design so many fresh pins per blog topic. And honestly, I was so excited and motivated when I saw the progress I had the first week. Jumped in at a tough time I guess. Hoping they’ll take these messages to heart and fix what they changed. @PinterestBrad 

1 Kudo
dianavantankeren
Posts regularly

@karmacleansingFor me the drop came on August 2nd. Impressions sky rocked after I claimed my website and like you, I was really excited to see the progress (I had spent a month and a half getting my account up to the best shape possible, following courses (paid and free) before I claimed my website.

Due to corona I lost 60% of my income. Being self employed I am no longer able to pay the bills. Important medical ones included. Seeing the progress on Pinterest got me to tears, thinking finally there was light at the end of the tunnel. It lasted for 4 days.

What bothers me is that there it seems only a small percentage of users is affected. There's a solution mentioned her in this topic. Why not help the few people here that have spent hours and hours posting, writing, sending screenshots etc. It's only a win win situation as all posts posted need to be read, all tickets need to be read, etc. It's costing everyone time, annoyence and frustration. Just get the 15-20 accounts of the people here fixed and work on a permanent solution from there on.

I'm grateful for the replies some of us had here from

@PinterestGabby@PinterestJanice @PinterestRyan @PinterestBrad 

but it seems we are now just posting here and waste more time also. I personally find it very annoying to see 4 notifications, only to find out I earned a silly badge having ranked up from "just visiting" to "regular poster" and a 25 kudos badge and what else. I need my account fixed, I am turning 50 this year and I can do without badges that are great for kids growing up.

https://www.pinterest.com/dianavantankeren/ Affordable Wall Art and Home Decor
2 Kudos
Kontentsia
Posts regularly

This is the last response from support and the best I've gotten so far. I've been asking if something could have caused it (using bad hashtags, increase in spammers taking my images etc.) or if it is a bug. Just to know if we should be careful about something not to mess up profiles that are ok...

pinterest-email.PNG

So bug in algorithm it is. That's the first time I've seen this response, so hopefully they now know what it is and they're working on it 🙂

- Alesia Skye: @ScatteredQuotes & @Kontentsia (nothing there yet)
3 Kudos
alfrattino
Just visiting

There's nothing to "fix" folks.

This platform simply cut the free traffic.

It's not complicated to understand.

Let's try to find other source of traffic.

That' all.

0 Kudos
imfierceafter40
Posts regularly

@ PinterestGabby

Hello Gabby, Please, my case has been on for one month and nothing positive has ever happened. Really need urgent help from your team.

The real cause of the problem has not yet been found or fixed to date and it's so frustrating and quite discouraging

1 Kudo
imfierceafter40
Posts regularly

Hello @Kontentsia

I received a similar reply they never ever indicated any timeline. They also said my case is unique, unlike your agent that admitted it's happening to a lot of accounts. 

I quote here:

"I have got this issue checked with our internal team and they have informed that it will take some time for the traffic to scale up.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to do much in the meantime. The only thing they have suggested is to add relevant content and add new pins so that it will help the traffic to increase gradually. As we are making to prioritize new Pins over already-Pinned content. Pinterest encourages creators to publish new, original content on a regular basis as the best way to build an audience on Pinterest. "

It's very vague with zero clarity.

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I got the eight week promise back in May but nothing was ever fixed. I've given up after countless posts on this board and over two dozen emails. I've decided to not post any pins for a while. I don't see any point in wasting content on a broken system. @PinterestGabby will there ever be a resolution to this issue? 

1 Kudo
egruening
Just visiting

My stats have been tanking since July 1st and NOTHING I do fixes it and I do social media marketing for a living (so I get EVERYTHING that needs to be done to be successful on Pinterest AND have achieved success). I was at 2 million monthly viewers and my pins that I was creating was getting 1K + views everytime I posted (for the most part). I was getting new followers, clicks to my website etc. NOW as of September 6th I'm at 1.07 million and 5 pin impressions. 1 view on my video, no saves or clicks (or 1 or 2). Hold on while I throw up! 

I have talked to Pinterest and they have been extremely unhelpful. I got the canned response (clear cache, seasonal ebbs and flows, keep creating high quality content, no your not blocked, blah blah blah). Frustrating to say the least! 

I create videos, new high quality images for my blog posts, share new content and not old, I can't do stories yet because I'm in Canada and I'm using keywords etc. etc. etc. My followers are growing but yet they content I'm trying to give them is NOT being shown to them.  I don't know what to do and I am super upset and honestly ready to say bye Pinterest. Which is not what I want to do because I make a living of telling people how amazing Pinterest is for their business, but it's getting harder to believe that. 

I have seen the other discussions but was hoping that maybe someone was seeing the light at the end of this dark dark tunnel (and I hope it's not you have too pay to play)

Thanks for listening! 

3 Kudos