cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Just visiting
Labels (1)

Hello lovelies!😀

First of all, so glad to see this Business Community coming to life! Excited to see what future holds for all of us!

Now, onto the question! Has anyone experience a SUDDEN and SHARP drop in reach. I'm talking 70-80% in a day.

allnutritiousblog_0-1598437751021.png

And it keeps going down! Just in a day I disappeared of all search results for keywords that I have been ranking for.

The traffic is consistently down on all pins and all pages at a very similar percentage:

allnutritiousblog_1-1598437922667.png

And the pins

allnutritiousblog_2-1598437968494.png

Actually something like this has happened before and customer support has confirmed that I was caught by the spam filters accidentally. It then got fixed. Here is how it looked:

July 17:

allnutritiousblog_3-1598438126715.png

It took around a week to bounce right back up after I've been unflagged by the system. Now, I'm being told it's natural ebbs and flows:

allnutritiousblog_4-1598438190646.png

Now, has anyone experienced something similar to that? How did you bounce back? I publish new content consistenly and have been publishing more. I also upload videos but their reach has significantly dropped down too (by around the same percentage).

I have now stopped running ads because I feel like my reach is being limited by quite a bit. It doesn't seem to make sense to try to grow brand awareness.

I would love to go back up and continue growing with the community! I would highly appreciate if any of you have any advice!

Love and kisses!🌻

-Karo

22 Kudos
471 Replies
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi Pinterest Team,

7 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @saurabhankush, thank you for coming to the community and sharing your experience with us. We hear you and understand your frustration. While the Business Community isn't a staffed support channel and the community team is unable to make or influence the decisions of our support teams or make any direct changes to your account, we are able to help escalate cases as needed. Can you share your ticket # with us so we can look into it and make sure it's being addressed by the correct team? Look forward to hearing from you. 🙂 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@saurabhankush I have been struggling with the same problem. My impressions went to nothing overnight a couple months ago. I have filed several support tickets and nothing has changed. The first two support people both told me there is nothing wrong with my account. The third told me he "fixed the issue", closed the ticket, and ignored my reply asking him what he did to "fix" my issue (nothing changed.) The most recent support person emailed me a few days ago and said she was closing my support ticket because "the issue was taking too long to resolve" and I should file another support ticket if I needed help again in the future. I wrote her back and said my account is STILL not fixed but she just repeated that it was taking too long so she was closing my ticket. I am so frustrated that I just gave up. I would start looking elsewhere for bringing traffic to your site.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

My ticket for a similar but less drastic drop (33% loss of audience) was closed as well because it was going to take too long to resolve. My impression for pins 24 hours old go from sometimes thousand to less than a hundred the next day. Sometimes the impressions come back and sometimes they don't. They bug screws with my audience and impression numbers on a daily basis. I was assured that it would be fixed in 8 weeks, which put the fix sometime in August. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PinterestJanice and I really appreciate everyone sharing their feedback and experience with the traffic issues. Please know that we are noting how these issues have been handled by support and are surfacing this feedback to our internal teams for review. 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

My account got suspended a few weeks ago for suspected spam then reinstated.
2 weeks ago I had 171k monthly unique viewers.Now I have 138k. I just feel the account is sinking like the titanic.

It's so scary to be honest to know that the suspension can just be the start of the tale.

I have 2 other accounts and every day now I wake up wondering if I'm going to get a suspension even though I have done nothing wrong. So so scary.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Just adding my story here in the hope that I can find some answers.

I have experienced a large traffic drop since the end of May and and I am feeling very disheartened after a year of hard work. 

I have gone from 385k total audience to 45k in just over a month an its still sliding. I have logged a ticket to try and ascertain if my account has been flagged as spam but no progress here yet. I don't see how it could be as my pins are good quality and all my articles are written by me and other native speakers that are experienced in my niche.

I am continuing to create fresh content and pins but they do not seem to go anywhere. Some of them only generate single digit clicks per week if anything. My most popular pins no longer appear in the search engine apart from some copy cat pins that other accounts scraped previously and linked to some spurious site.

I have other traffic sources that are keeping me going but the investment in Pinterest over the last few months is breaking my heart considering where I am now. Before my impressions would spike on a given day but they are now flat lining at less than 1k. I bought some ads as an experiment and got some spikes but it was back to very low impressions when the budget ran out on these.

Should I just keep plugging on by creating content and hoping that the issue resolves? Finding it hard to get motivated considering the flatlining I see in my analytics.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

I have been having an issue for about the same time frame. My account is only blocked from search though. I've been consistently communicating with help. They acknowledged a faulty spam block and put in a fix twice, but hasn't worked. It's so frustrating to have your livelihood damaged like this for doing nothing wrong. 😞

On Pinterest at Mom Foodie
4 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

My audience is half of what it was last year. I post only original pins. I submitted tickets in May and June and they have all been closed with Pinterest saying the fix was too far out. I've been told there is an issue that will be fixed in August. Meanwhile I find spammers stealing my content every week. I have pins that have thousands of impressions one day and 24 hours laters have less than ten. I'm pretty sure there is something broken with metrics reporting. It's disheartening. I'm still creating and posting, but that's only so that I keep my skills fresh. Pinterest is my favorite platform, but I've been looking for an alternative not named Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. I'm guessing niche platforms will be the way to go eventually if Pinterest doesn't shape up. And I don't mean niche as in small. I am an author and I've been hanging out on Wattpad - they only have book content. In your case, I'd find a niche site that has content similar to your product and start experimenting there while still remaining in Pinterest.

2 Kudos