cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Just visiting
Labels (1)

Hello lovelies!๐Ÿ˜€

First of all, so glad to see this Business Community coming to life! Excited to see what future holds for all of us!

Now, onto the question! Has anyone experience a SUDDEN and SHARP drop in reach. I'm talking 70-80% in a day.

allnutritiousblog_0-1598437751021.png

And it keeps going down! Just in a day I disappeared of all search results for keywords that I have been ranking for.

The traffic is consistently down on all pins and all pages at a very similar percentage:

allnutritiousblog_1-1598437922667.png

And the pins

allnutritiousblog_2-1598437968494.png

Actually something like this has happened before and customer support has confirmed that I was caught by the spam filters accidentally. It then got fixed. Here is how it looked:

July 17:

allnutritiousblog_3-1598438126715.png

It took around a week to bounce right back up after I've been unflagged by the system. Now, I'm being told it's natural ebbs and flows:

allnutritiousblog_4-1598438190646.png

Now, has anyone experienced something similar to that? How did you bounce back? I publish new content consistenly and have been publishing more. I also upload videos but their reach has significantly dropped down too (by around the same percentage).

I have now stopped running ads because I feel like my reach is being limited by quite a bit. It doesn't seem to make sense to try to grow brand awareness.

I would love to go back up and continue growing with the community! I would highly appreciate if any of you have any advice!

Love and kisses!๐ŸŒป

-Karo

18 Kudos
364 Replies
Highlighted
Just visiting

Just adding my story here in the hope that I can find some answers.

I have experienced a large traffic drop since the end of May and and I am feeling very disheartened after a year of hard work. 

I have gone from 385k total audience to 45k in just over a month an its still sliding. I have logged a ticket to try and ascertain if my account has been flagged as spam but no progress here yet. I don't see how it could be as my pins are good quality and all my articles are written by me and other native speakers that are experienced in my niche.

I am continuing to create fresh content and pins but they do not seem to go anywhere. Some of them only generate single digit clicks per week if anything. My most popular pins no longer appear in the search engine apart from some copy cat pins that other accounts scraped previously and linked to some spurious site.

I have other traffic sources that are keeping me going but the investment in Pinterest over the last few months is breaking my heart considering where I am now. Before my impressions would spike on a given day but they are now flat lining at less than 1k. I bought some ads as an experiment and got some spikes but it was back to very low impressions when the budget ran out on these.

Should I just keep plugging on by creating content and hoping that the issue resolves? Finding it hard to get motivated considering the flatlining I see in my analytics.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

I have been having an issue for about the same time frame. My account is only blocked from search though. I've been consistently communicating with help. They acknowledged a faulty spam block and put in a fix twice, but hasn't worked. It's so frustrating to have your livelihood damaged like this for doing nothing wrong. ๐Ÿ˜ž

On Pinterest at Mom Foodie
3 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

My audience is half of what it was last year. I post only original pins. I submitted tickets in May and June and they have all been closed with Pinterest saying the fix was too far out. I've been told there is an issue that will be fixed in August. Meanwhile I find spammers stealing my content every week. I have pins that have thousands of impressions one day and 24 hours laters have less than ten. I'm pretty sure there is something broken with metrics reporting. It's disheartening. I'm still creating and posting, but that's only so that I keep my skills fresh. Pinterest is my favorite platform, but I've been looking for an alternative not named Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. I'm guessing niche platforms will be the way to go eventually if Pinterest doesn't shape up. And I don't mean niche as in small. I am an author and I've been hanging out on Wattpad - they only have book content. In your case, I'd find a niche site that has content similar to your product and start experimenting there while still remaining in Pinterest.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Posts regularly

I started my business account 2 years ago. Due to various reasons I had to abandon my artwork and so there were no pins or any activity for about a year. I came back about 3 weeks ago and wanting to make the best of it, I did a lot of research on how to make Pinterest work (I was only pinning and repinning before, I didn't really know what I was doing or how to get good quality pins)

So, when I started deleting useless pins, updating others, creating fresh ones, etc. I had 350 impressions a day.
On July 27 I got up to 1.93K impressions and On August 1st 24.04K.

Montly views were 30 when I started and are now 95.7K.

However, I get close to no repins, no followers, etc. and the few pins that got repinned daily for some weeks have not died also.

One thing I noticed is that in my analytics, almost all products from my claimed website show as "standard" where they are products.

When I do a search for my product pins, only pins from another website (my store, but not my claimed website) are showing. NONE of my claimed website pins for say throw pillows are showing.

I contacted support multiple times and while I first got timely responses, this all stopped a week ago, where there are many questions and issues plus screenshots I sent in hopes they could fix whatever is wrong.

I set up my pins identical to how it was adviced by many that give courses (paid) and people I know who get a lot of traffic to their website, but despite the extreme growth (650% impressions, 724% total audience, 395% engagement,  and 397% engaged audience, NOTHING is happening. The updates tab shows only repins from the 'repin thread' on a forum I put my links in.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on, as I'm on the verge of just closing my account. I literally worked from 8AM until after 2AM (not kidding, I have insomnia) for 3 weeks, 7 days a week on my Pinterest presence, optimizing everything, removing old content, adding fresh ones with a good description and title etc. but the result is a flat zero.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Best
Diana

https://www.pinterest.com/dianavantankeren/ Affordable Wall Art and Home Decor
3 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

Just to add... the statistics for August 2 are now showing. Coming from 24.04K impressions on August first, it went down to 735 and close to none are from my claimed website. I would really appreciate it if someone could look into this (the ticket number is 182969) Thank you!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Loves to help

Starting in late May I reported a problem concerning pin impressions. Overnight, my pins lose nearly all their impressions. I was assured it would be fixed by Pinterest in 8 weeks.  @PinterestGabby any idea when the fix is coming? It's been 10 weeks since I first reported the problem. On Jun 17, I was assured the problem would still be fixed within 8 weeks. This is the text from that email from the Pinterest help desk.

Logan

Jun 17, 02:00

Hi Chris,

I completely understand your situation!

We have come across a few partners who are facing the same issue i.e. significant drop in impressions on the pins within a day. It's one of the rare scenarios for the impressions stats to fluctuate due to technical issues.

As I mentioned earlier, we have escalated the issue to the engineering team and they are working on it. However, there is no specific timeline for the fix but please be assured it will get fixed within 8 weeks.

Further, I would request you to keep pinning. Pinterest encourages creators to publish new, original content on a regular basis as the best way to build an audience on Pinterest. We encourage new publishing over Saving others' or your own already-pinned content. Pinners come to our platform to find new ideas and as we continue to update our service, we'll prioritize new original content published by creators over Saves. 

Learn more about publishing your content in our help center (https://help.pinterest.com/business/article/publish-your-content). 

In case if you are still facing the issue then please mail us back so that we can check with our internal team. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards
Logan

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem-solver

@dianavantankeren @PinterestGabby Hi there I think Welcome Back to Pinterest? This is definitely the place to ask those questions and I have tagged Gabby who is most awesome when it comes to helping to resolve issues Gabby is also a Community Manager, with your ticket number I am pretty sure she can check. Please don't close up just yet Pinterest is definitely getting better and to be honest they have been making a lot of changes and there are many people who have had similar issues. I am certain though that they are trying to resolve many of the problems that people are experiencing.

I hope this was helpful for you - Lisa๐Ÿ˜

Please Visit My Pinterest Page & Follow https://www.pinterest.com/realsouthamerica0427 Thanks, Lisaโค๏ธ
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

Dear Lisa,

I SO appreciate you took the time to reply to my post and share your thoughts!
I just received an email from a Pinterest expert who is selling courses and he thinks my account may have been flagged as spam, where I was only working really hard on getting everything updated, improved and pinned.

I also just now noticed that ALL of my product pins, pinned directly from my claimed website, are now showing as STANDARD, and no longer as PRODUCT. Impressions and everything else is now close to zero. I hope Gabby is willing to look into this. Thank you so much for mentioning her.

I will surely follow you when this is resolved as I don't want to make things worse as they are.

Thank you again!!
Diana

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Problem-solver

@dianavantankeren @PinterestGabby No worries, remember people who work at Pinterest really do want to help I have personally witnessed it but I didn't want you to close up and leave without knowing that many people have had similar issues and those issues usually get resolved quickly Gabby is very good at problem solving on the Pinterest side. All of your work is always valued by everyone in the Business Community and all of us are here to help each other. If you need anything else even a lending ear we are just a click and away. Glad your feeling better Lisaโค๏ธ

Please Visit My Pinterest Page & Follow https://www.pinterest.com/realsouthamerica0427 Thanks, Lisaโค๏ธ
1 Kudo