cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

ouiwegirl
Just visiting

Hi community!

I'm having the same experience. Tears, tears, tears after losing 90% of my traffic this month. Especially tough as it's the holiday season and I have big launches happening in which I've lost my pinterest link clicks.

Impressions are down 10M / mo to 1M / mo , link clicks 10K+ to 1K. I've been a huge advocate for Pinterest, I actually teach a course on it inside of my Creatives Business School and can't understand what could have happened.

My traffic tanked on election day. My thinking is perhaps I was mistakenly marked as spam on that day. 

I've submitted two ticket (I don't see a ticket # on those like I've seen other folks share, so perhaps I'm not submitted the tickets correctly) - I've spoken to my contact in Content Communications, she directed me here and assured me this is the path to getting things resolved.

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice  any support that you can share?

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 6.10.28 PM.png

2 Kudos
daianafolea
Just visiting
2 Kudos
daianafolea
Just visiting

I’ve dropped from 1,8 million (end of September) and 1,9 (October 9th) to a little over 260k (today, December 7th). I've emailed support twice and they keep saying nothing is wrong with my account and that interests ebb and flow.

I understand and acknowledge this (I have been on the platform for 10 years now so I know how it works), but I find it very hard to believe they can all cease to be relevant at the same time.

(My top Pins focus on Instagram, women’s empowerment, quotes, fashion + beauty and my audience size decreases by the day.)

What can I do? Any help is appreciated.

4 Kudos
MamasUncutMain
Just visiting

I have been going back and forth with Pinterest Support for 6 weeks now. We have 5 business accounts, and they all suffered the same exact nasty drop on Oct 31st (see below screen grab for 1 of the pages, all have the same drop!)

Initially support said it was a SPAM detection bug which affected our account and was fixed, but nothing improved. After that support confirmed we were clear we received vanilla responses around seasonality and new content cadence, best practices, etc. We have been following best practices for a long time, and have followed any suggestion support gave us, but there is not improvement whatsoever in any of our accounts. 

THIS IS CLEARLY A PLATFORM ISSUE WHICH PINTEREST NEEDS TO ADDRESS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! You are playing with small business's livelihood so please act with the urgency that responsibility brings. I have over 45 emails back and forth with support without ANY RESOLUTION. 

This is beyond frustrating to say the least!

MamasUncutMain_0-1607376416065.png

4 Kudos
meloutnumbered
Just visiting

The same thing has happened to my account for the third time now. It's really disheartening!

2 Kudos
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

Hello Everyone  😷

First : Ive gone through all of this issue with my own account - I did an experiment on my page awhile back. After lots of input and possible fixes, feedback from Pinterest sometimes told me its nothing or Ive been marked as spam for no reason or there is nothing wrong with my page and to top it all off - no reply to tickets what so ever -- So I took to drastic measures with my experiment. .. I am not saying or telling anyone to do what I did. ... This did work for me -- First, I left my business account and went back to a personal page, I then unfollowed everyone that was not in my niche. ( some 3000 people ) I then started to unfollow every single board I followed. Before I unfollowed, I checked to see the last activity by the user, if it was longer than 2 weeks or that board had less than 1000 followers and the user had less than 2000 followers or all of the above, I unfollowed that board. This is still a work in progress but only have about 2000 left to check. The only boards I follow must be in my actual niche and nothing outside of it. . It crippled my account but, since doing this my notifications have started working, pins are being saved and im getting followers again. .. I have changed my url, my user name, all of my seo, titles and descriptions. Basically started over. .. I am also showing through my website analytics that im seeing traffic from Pinterest, and I dont even have a business account --- My experiment has shown me that a business account is not needed for traffic and sales. .. I will not go back to a business account because I believe that until it is fixed, it will do nothing but make you pull your hair out. . As said in this thread before, advertisers have priority now. The more you pay, the more we see you. Dont pay enough and we will make you vanish. ... I love Pinterest and this community but, there are politics going on here when it comes to being connected to a business account and no one will ever get it 100% right with what is needed to be seen by every single algorithm that is changed so Pinterest itself is seen by major search platforms so they themselves make money to keep their doors open to us.. So with every change that Pinterest has to do, we have to change with them to stay relevant in their search so customers can find what they need to find faster and more precise for the searchers needs. .. Ex. today, story pins. tomorrow, videos and so on. .. Until Pinterest tells us their every move or change that is coming, it is up to us to make our best guess to what is going to be searched for and what is going to be relevant before someone searches for it. -- Hence crystal ball. --- Again Im not saying Pinterest is bad, and im saying to do what I have done but, all of my issues have vanished and im slowly seeing the difference in stats and numbers since I left my business account. .. I hope everyone's issues get fixed and fixed fast, no one needs to see their business suffer.

Cheers  😷

1 Kudo
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

Sorry, I cant edit my post above --- towards the end it says " im saying to do what I have done" that is wrong -- It should say " im NOT saying to do what I have done"

Thanks

0 Kudos
bestarearugdeals
Just visiting

Thanks for the information.  I was well over 1 million impressions, and getting anywhere from 500 to 5,000 views for each video Pin posted.  In the middle of August, it just dropped to zero.  Pinterest is no help whatsoever.  If you talk to them 10 times, you get 10 different answers.  I have stated in other post here, I believe they are moving to a paid platform.  They will let you post for free, but they just won't show your Pins.  I experimented with some of my Pins.  I took some of them that were getting zero views, and then did a Promoted Pin, without changing anything on the Pin.  It immediately started getting tons of views.  Interesting, don't you think? I have pretty much given up on this platform.  It makes no sense spending valuable time creating fresh Pins, if they are not going to be seen.  You make some interesting points on your comment.  If I had the time and energy, I might give it a try.  e'll see what happens i guess.  I think Pinterest as a "free" platform to get website traffic is gone.  Thanks for the ideas!!! 

2 Kudos
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

One thing about my ideas is that it might only work for me. . . I just figure about my user name and url was, if you want to say, burned out. When I did change it, once I was back to a personal account I had 3 notifications of pins saves 20 minutes later. I had not had a notification or any pins saved for almost a month before I did this. --- Pinterest is not my only platform for advertising my product thats why I could take the time to do my experiment.

When I was on a business account, it seemed like my page was slowly word removed per Community Guidelines. One issue after another for no reason at all. My page was not huge in numbers like the others on this thread but, it started to show up as a problem for directing traffic to my website and thats why I finally decided to change things my way just to see what would happen.

I dont think Pinterest is a waste of time or anything, I still like the site very much but, it is becoming quite particular when it comes to what is required ( unless your lucky ) to be placed in high ranks and visibility unlike before.

Again, unless your lucky and are a master at seo or both, business accounts are going the "premium" direction for users. You want all the bells and whistles and want them to work "right" and be noticed. Break out the credit card. This is what google has been doing for a long time, etsy has jumped on board because of changing algorithms within google. So to stay in the game, Pinterest is going to have to do the same to keep up with the changing online markets. Thats business, I dont blame them , I just wish they would give us all a more heads up to upcoming changes so we could be prepared for the upcoming changes.

I have had tons of help from folks here, its a great community and sometimes they dont get back to us cuz they are busy or maybe dont have an answer for us at the time we want it but, they do their best to help out and I thank them for that.

There is one thing that I do disagree with very much on Pinterest and lots of people have said this many times. " Followers & Following Don't Matter That Much " , I think this is BS. Reason is this, If Im advertising "Quilts" and I follow people who are into tattoos and guns, and my followers are into boats and airplanes. How much traffic to my pins and to my website do you think i'm going to get? I'd say, not very much if any. . If we want to get more traffic on pins and to our websites to generate higher sales percentages, then we have to think that Following, Followers and Boards are important and do matter very much.. Again, if i'm advertising "Quilts" I want to follow people in the area of fabrics, textiles, crafts, sewing and that niche, which in turn will get me the type of followers I want so I connect to their audience which is more likely to be in my niche which in this case is "Quilts". .. 

Now sure you're going to get followers who just like your stuff and thats great, but if they are not anywhere near your niche, dont follow them back because then your following tab and home tab will be filled with all kinds of images you dont want to see or are interested in seeing that applies to the types of things that will be related to your product. .... I want to see things related to my niche in my feeds, I dont need to see motorcycles or fishing gear or shotguns or partiers dancing just to get you to follow their instagram, when their pinterest has no boards or pins created yet have 20, 000 followers. What good is that going to do me when it comes to advertising my product ? Nothing, because nobody connected to that page will ever clic or save my pin. Why? Cuz they are interested in parties and the girl dancing, not my "Quilt". ... That is fact in real life business tactics .. Its called "Target Audience" ... Without that being done right, you will get nowhere.

So never believe that Following, Followers or Boards dont matter, because they certainly do.

Dont give up on Pinterest, its a great platform. Its changing and we have to change with it by using our own judgement. When numbers start to drop, figure out why by yourself if you can or, change your tactics, approach, time of day when you pin, types of pins, colours, wording, everything. The give it a bit of time to see if it worked, your changes wont happen instantly.... If that fails, get help from either here or submit a ticket. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Just think about this, if there was no Pinterest, amazon, ebay, etsy or whatever, and you opened a business in your town, how and what would you do to make it a success?

Same thing applies to the online markets including your webstore. Only difference is, its online. I have a friend who has a very successful business online, does no seo at all, pays no money to anyone for advertising, nothing like that. .. All he does is focus on his products Target Audience. He does not even have a website or a blog. He has a basic ebay account and clears 10K a month and has been for over ten years. .. 

So do all the bells and whistles help? Sure they do. Are they needed ? Maybe yes, maybe no. It all depends on you, your product, your approach, and a bit of luck.

That is why i'm finally going the route my friend has taken and see if I can make it happen. Wait, thats wrong. I am going to make it happen, why? Because I know that I can.

Cheers to all.  😷

0 Kudos
eresortsnetwork

Hello there, Please review my business page https://www.pinterest.com/eresortsnetwork/_created/ I am daily posting new fresh pins on Pinterest but our pin impression is decreasing day by day. I noticed No impression has been coming for a few days. Please fix our problem.

1 Kudo