cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

bestarearugdeals
Just visiting

Same situation here.  I went from over 1 million to zero. They told me 8 weeks as well.  They lie all over the place.  It's now well over 8 weeks, problem is still not fixed.  What is the point of spending time creating fresh Pins, if they are not going to show them.  I belief they have changed their platform to a paid system.  If you want to get impressions/views, you will need to pay for it

1 Kudo
laxmi65
Just visiting

Hi Fellow Pinterest friends,

YES!!! My traffic has dropped more than 50% and paid ads do NOT help the situation! I know damn well PINTEREST is making a bloody fortune during this pandemic but they seriously blew it when they screwed all of us who have been paying them to advertise.

I used to tell all my friends to post on Pinterest and to actually pay for advertising but not any more!!!

PINTEREST: YOU MIGHT WANT TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE RESPONSES TO THIS NEW ALGORITHM THING YOU DID! IT SUCKS!!!!!!

0 Kudos
fromhertravels

This is very scary.. This is the second comment I have seen in the Pinterest Community, I am a new business on Pinterest. I love Pinterest, but this makes me want to try to grow through other platforms instead.

I hope they do something to help you, please keep us updated. 

Amaya T
0 Kudos
ebuytidecom
Just visiting

I have sent the email and I have the support of Alex from the pinterest team,

"Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

We looked into this and found a bug in our spam blocker that was mistakenly flagging safe content. We’re working on this now to get everything back to normal - this may take several days.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We work hard to keep spammy links off of Pinterest and at times the system flags false-positives. We appreciate your help here, and as always, welcome any feedback.

— Alex

"

This is the answer i got.

By the way, has your problem been solved?

0 Kudos
onlineartlesson
Just visiting

You are not the only one. The September update made my daily impressions drop from around 100k per day (this was the average for at least the past year) down the the current 7k

Customer support did however get back to me saying my account wasn't in bad standing (I only ever pin when I have a new pin to add). They said it was because they now give priority to fresh pins in the search.

So essentially you need to keep creating and adding new pins to Pinterest for the same content if you want it to stay visible in the search and home feed.

2 Kudos
fabiolaetienne
Just visiting

The same has happened to me and I figured as such. It sucks but also pushes you to be a little more creative and not just reposting. I’ve began creating more pins and hope my impressions go back up. I was at 70k in June and now I’m down at 21k 😭😒😩

1 Kudo
alfrattino
Just visiting

Every now and then I go back and read the same things.
The algorithm has not changed a month or two or three ago.
It is since the beginning of the year that things have changed in Pinterest.
I had the first collapse on April 23rd to be exact.
However, almost a year later we have not yet understood a very simple thing.
Since the beginning of the year Pinterest has simply cut free traffic leaving more or less 10%.
And there is absolutely nothing that any of us can do to change things.
Put your heart at ease and look for something else.

2 Kudos
alfrattino
Just visiting

Every now and then I go back and read the same things.
The algorithm has not changed a month or two or three ago.
It is since the beginning of the year that things have changed in Pinterest.
I had the first collapse on April 23rd to be exact.
However, almost a year later we have not yet understood a very simple thing.
Since the beginning of the year Pinterest has simply cut free traffic leaving more or less 10%.
And there is absolutely nothing that any of us can do to change things.
Put your heart at ease and look for something else.

1 Kudo
InspireToThrive
Just visiting

I'm in the same boat! 

0 Kudos
InspireToThrive
Just visiting

But I keep adding fresh pins and my views went from over 100K to 50K over the past 3 months. 

0 Kudos