cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Just visiting

Hi everyone, 

I just want to share my experience with you all hoping that it could help you recover your traffic.

I had the exact same issue in September that many accounts experienced and I tried many many things to figure out what was wrong with my account.

I ended up giving it a break for a while and I slowly started seeing traffic back.

My guess is that there is no need to pin all the time ( even fresh pin for old content) and maybe focus on pinning only new content, which is what I started focusing on and the result is promising.

hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Problem-solver

@therealsouthamerica   Okie dokie 🙂

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: Valentine's Day ♥ & Mardi Gras & St. Patrick's Day
0 Kudos
Just visiting

Honestly, I'm confused as to why Pinterest is wasting money on the support staff. They offer no actual support and just send curated copy/paste emails. There is no way they are actually looking at any of our accounts, they just respond and say that there is nothing wrong when there clearly is something wrong. It seems like a bot could respond generically like this just fine to us? At least a bot wouldn't keep insinuating that I'm crazy and that there is nothing wrong with my account. I've had a couple of people from the support staff get very word removed per Community Guidelines with me about this.  I understand that this is a huge problem, affecting many accounts, yet there is no reason the support staff should be treating creators the way they have been. The whole point of support staff is to support. They are doing the opposite of that. And if they don't know how to fix this issue, Pinterest should just admit that and stop directing the support staff to pretend nothing is happening and to brush off creators looking for a solution. I understand that it is not the individuals that work for Pinterest support that is to be blamed, they are clearly following orders on how to poorly deal with this issue. That's evident because almost everyone you talk with has the same generic responses.

I'm sure I'm not alone. I just want answers and help and for my account to be working normally again. I've spent countless hours creating pins. However, my hard work has been diminished. 

I have spent months stressing out over this, and every time I read one of the emails from Pinterest insinuating that it is my fault that my fresh pins have zero reach and my pins have disappeared from search, I want to cry. I have lost so much blog traffic from this issue, yet no one at Pinterest seems to care, because I am just a small fish to them. It's so disheartening. Pinterest is literally my favorite platform and I can't use it. I was so excited for those two weeks when my account was normal again. And then it all went back to how it was, where no one is seeing any of my pins. Yet, no one at Pinterest seems to care. 

I don't mean to come off angry, I am just so fed up with this. This year has been bad enough for traffic as a travel blogger, I shouldn't have to lose all my Pinterest traffic too.

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

3 Kudos

hi,

my account tea coffee blends organic impressions and clicks are going very down how to improve it

suggesions

2 Kudos
Just visiting

We are one in the same as far as what we are dealing with.  I have gone round and round with Pinterest "support" and it's gotten me nowhere.  Exact same answers, refusing to address a problem etc.  Clearly there's an issue that Pinterest wants to pretend isn't there.  Or worse they don't care. 

I was finally having consistent performance after years of working on my account and then it all just went away.  0-3 impressions on new pins.  

You should be angry, it's ok to feel that way.  I'm angry for all of us.  We work very hard on our content and for a platform to claim they care so much about us only to ignore us when it matters is straight up BS. 

Hang in there with your blog, decide what's right for you.  I know some have quit Pinterest and some gave up on "support".  I don't know what I'm going to do yet but Tailwind is a huge waste of money now and I don't want to invest more time into Pinterest when it goes into nowhere land.

Just know you're not alone and your content has value. ❤️

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

2 Kudos
Just visiting

Hi i have Very confused about my account pinterest : https://www.pinterest.com/ebuytidecom/. Since June, my pinterest account has been exposed, save, click, and it has shown a cliff-jumping decline. I searched for the reason in Google, and I found that Pinterest was updated in June. Anastasia Blogger in her This issue is mentioned in the video. June 2020. New Type of Penalty – Deindexed pins on Pinterest accounts
A wave of account suspensions related to an overly aggressive spam filter affected many accounts, Pinterest seems to unsuspend legit accounts quickly though.

However, another issue is that some accounts haven't been suspended, their domains haven't been blocked but they experienced a sudden drop in impressions on Pinterest, drop of traffic and also the most unusual issue – all their pins were gone from Pinterest search results (de-indexed). Impressions don't drop to 0 as it happens when a domain is blocked, they stay at a low level as the new pins are only shown to the followers of the affected accounts.

Some accounts were able to recover from this after over a month or more of exchanging emails with Pinterest support. The accounts that recovered received a confirmation that their accounts were accidentally flagged as spam and their pins should be re-indexed within about 10 days.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? 

0 Kudos
Just visiting

Hi 

i have Very confused about my account pinterest : https://www.pinterest.com/ebuytidecom/. Since June, my pinterest account has been exposed, save, click, and it has shown a cliff-jumping decline. I searched for the reason in Google, and I found that Pinterest was updated in June. Anastasia Blogger in her This issue is mentioned in the video and hers blog https://anastasiablogger.com/blogging/pinterest-update/ 

I want to check if i have get deindexed pins on Pinterest accounts??  I have 31.9k followers In 2 years, I operated my pin very seriously.  For the current results, I am very frustrated. I have asked Pinterest customer service for this question many times, but I have never got a solution. This is the reason why I came here for help

Happy Thanksgiving

1 Kudo
Just visiting

Hi i have Very confused about my account pinterest : https://www.pinterest.com/ebuytidecom/. Since June, my pinterest account has been exposed, save, click, and it has shown a cliff-jumping decline. I searched for the reason in Google, and I found that Pinterest was updated in June. Anastasia Blogger in her This issue is mentioned in the video and hers blog https://anastasiablogger.com/blogging/pinterest-update/ 

I want to check if i have get deindexed pins on Pinterest accounts??  I have 31.9k followers In 2 years, I operated my pin very seriously.  For the current results, I am very frustrated. I have asked Pinterest customer service for this question many times, but I have never got a solution. This is the reason why I came here for help

Happy Thanksgiving

0 Kudos
Just visiting

well most of us having losing impressions if you send the support email they would probably give you the same copy and paste email that they've been sending out since April as for me i went from 800k monthly views to 35k in a space of 3 months

1 Kudo
Just visiting

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that all they're doing is gathering all these posts in the same thread without actually offering a reply? They just cram all the people complaining of the exact same situation in a corner and ignore it all together. Much like Pinterest Support that just copy pastes about natural ebbs and flows and tells people to make better pins.

This situation is happening to hundreds of people since April, how come there is no definitive answer to an issue that's ruining businesses,. particularly in a crucial time of the year like Christmas??

What is going on???

3 Kudos