cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Problem-solver

@foodiehomechef Hi there -

Please follow me on Pinterest: Real South American LivingThanks! Lisa
0 Kudos
Just visiting

This is exactly what I'm experiencing to a T.  My traffic has substantially dropped, all new pins I try to pin are getting 0 impressions.  I have emailed back daily and the guy I'm corresponding with at Pinterest keeps copy and pasting the exact same thing over and over and over.  It's like talking to a wall. 

I don't have any answers but I'm doing my best to make noise.  I also know, from several large blogger groups I'm in on other platforms that this is a huge issue.  There are MANY of us in this exact situation.  

There is a problem with Pinterest and they are refusing to address it, instead blaming us the content creators or just ignoring us all together.

My thought is, if you have to have a copy and pasted response to send out to users maybe there's a problem?!

Hoping we'll be loud enough to get this addressed. 

3 Kudos
Just visiting

Hi there! I have experienced the drop more recently. Up until August I was growing up to 1.1 million per month impressions and now I am down to 633k. Just opened a support ticket for what it's worth.

Dorit - The Corner of Excellence
1 Kudo
Posts regularly

Hello, Sarah.

I've been dealing with the same since August. Nice summary you did here, it exactly copies my experience. Even the drop is similar, I went from 500k impressions a day to 50k - from which most of it is repinned content (which I rarely do, so it's surprising seeing it on top of best pins).

I went through a lot of support personel and I'm getting the same answers as you. I got once a confirmation that there is an issue that more users are experiencing and need to wait 8 weeks max for them to fix it. Nothing happened after that. I've been told multiple times I've not been caught in spam filter, until this week - suddenly I might have been caught in past and it's fixed (nothing changed, so I don't think so).
I've been coming up with theories of what could be broken and keep asking, but that is getting frustrating, when the answer is always "post new pins, you're not posting regularly." For that I'm replying with "of course I'm not pinning, my pins are not in search and my new pins are getting 100 impressions, why would I keep pinning..."

My newest theory is that Pinterest no longer likes multiple images for one url, which is bad for me 'cause my website is built like that. And it would not make sense for Pinterest either when it is built on users repinning. Or maybe just this thing triggers the faulty spam filter...

1. My words exactly. But they won't. They are very careful not to say they see there is an issue. I've asked multiple times for them to at least confirm they see what I'm telling them. Nope. One even tried to tell me that she sees my pins in search (it was stolen pins going to spam websites - nice!)

2. Yep, this! Just tell us there is an issue and let us know when it is fixed that is all I wanted to hear from them. I can totally understand they might not be succesful at fixing the issue and need more time. But don't tell us to spend hours making new content, that no one is going to see.

3. From what I've read from another people hit by this "bug", it doesn't seem like we're doing anything wrong. It just keeps hitting more and more people.

4. I've been ranting my way through the Mega topic here on PBC since August. I'm honestly surprised I haven't given up on this yet.

But the issue stands - it's broken. Pinterest says it's not. It hits more and more people every day. And there is nothing we can do about it. 😞

- Alesia Skye: @ScatteredQuotes & @Kontentsia (nothing there yet)
2 Kudos
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice If either of you could please help me. My account started working normally for two weeks starting on October 30th, my fresh pins were getting a normal amount of impressions, my pins were back in search and I was back to getting clicks from Pinterest to my blog. And then a couple of weeks ago, my fresh pins stopped getting any impressions again. And as of yesterday, all of my pins have disappeared from search. I haven't done anything wrong and it seems like history is repeating itself again. I was told, yet again, by Pinterest support that there is nothing wrong with my account when there is an obvious issue. I tried to post a pin to my Youtube channel and that is the only fresh pin that has gotten any impressions recently. So it seems that Pinterest has blocked my website URL. If you can help me get this sorted asap because I have been dealing with this since early August. It is so disheartening.

0 Kudos
Problem-solver

@therealsouthamerica Hey Lisa, looks like your post to me got truncated?! All it says is "Hi there"

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: Valentine's Day ♥ & Mardi Gras & Crock Pot Recipes
1 Kudo
Just visiting

Hi,

@PinterestGabby I desperately need help!  I lost my account for 5 months(end of May to October)because I was marked accidentally as spam. My account finally started working again mid October and it was completely back to normal!! New pins circulating, old pins circulating and traffic was back! My pins were being saved, new followers every day etc.

Suddenly, my new pins stopped circulating. They would get only 1 impression. Then maybe it would climb to 4 a few days later. I create at least 3 new pins daily, all relevant content, keyworded, sized etc like always and they will not circulate. I tried video pins as well and it's the same.

I want to also mention that my new pins would get impressions within a day or two ranging from 300-12k. I have had this account for 3 years so one impression is definitely not normal.

Now I have lost all traffic again completely. My old pins that were circulating stopped bringing me traffic. My pins that were ranking for certain keywords suddenly disappeared!!! This is exactly what happened to me last time my account was marked as spam.

I have emailed support 2 times this week and they keep telling me to create new content and send me the best publishing practices. This is not an ebb and flow. It completely stops! 

Can someone please help! Ticket (257020)(258454)

Thank you so much. I'm just so exhausted from this as I know so many are. I invest in Tailwind year round and another group that helps with scheduling pins etc and I'm losing money by waiting on this to be resolved. I don't know what to do.

Thanks!!

3 Kudos
Just visiting

I have experienced the exact same scenario as you to a T. I just posted a new conversation regarding what is happening. I lost my account for 4 months due to accidentally being marked as spam. It finally started working again mid October. Suddenly, all new pins stopped circulating again about a week and a half ago. I would get one to 8 impressions on a new pin. Now all of my pinterest traffic has completely stopped and my pins that were ranking in search are gone. The help desk assures me my account is not marked as spam and I also get the copy and paste answer. I'm also going crazy. I've been so patient and I also pay yearly for Tailwind which I can't use anymore since there's no point! I started a new account which is so frustrating because it's going to take a long time to build up to the status of my other account. 😞

3 Kudos
Problem-solver

@foodiehomechef thanks didn't see that I will reach out to find out what's wrong - Lisa

Please follow me on Pinterest: Real South American LivingThanks! Lisa
1 Kudo
Just visiting

Hello, 

@PinterestGabby 

So I just checked my Google Analytics for the first time in about a week and realized my Pinterest traffic has TANKED. I typically get 650+ sessions from Pinterest to my website every day. Well from Monday to Tuesday of this week, I went from getting my normal views to getting 35 views and the next day, 11 views. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know what could be causing it? 

I havent been all that active on Pinterest in the last month cause..well..life. And my tailwind has been putting out a few posts on loop. Im thinking maybe thats the issue? Maybe Pinterest thinks im spamming because i just havent changed my tailwind output? 

Any insight would be really helpful. Thanks so much.

2 Kudos