cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Just visiting

I've had the same problem since August. My monthly views had dropped 90% from 1.2m to 290k now and recently my new pins barely get 100 views. I feel like my new pins aren't showing, I still get a view, like from the other older pins. I sent a few emails and asked to solve the problem but they said they don't know when it's getting back to normal. Not helping at all!!!!!

2 Kudos
Just visiting

@PinterestJanice or @PinterestGabby, maybe you could advice?

1 Kudo
Just visiting

I'm dealing with the same issue.  I have had consistent performance (usual ups and downs) on pins all year until the last couple of weeks going from thousands of impressions to 0.  I create new pins regularly, pin trending content, etc and everything just stopped. 

I have reached out to Pinterest for help as I really believe I have been mismarked as spam but they keep sending me the same copy and pasted replies never actually addressing this massive change. 

I used to love Pinterest too, now I just feel like all the things they say about caring about content creators is a bunch of BS.  

Did you ever get help or a resolution?  I have emailed 6 times and the same guy just copy and pastes the same reply.  "nothing wrong with your account, ebbs and flows, quality content, etc" And blaming me.  

Except how do you go from thousands to 0 in a week?  

It feels so disheartening and demotivating.  And I have invested so much into this over the last few years too.  

4 Kudos

I empathize.  I am having trouble just starting an account for a second business.  I am also having trouble with FB, Google and even PayPal.  It is a difference world, truly.

4 Kudos
Just visiting

I can't seem to get anywhere with pinterest in regards to my account. All pin urls that link to anything other than my site are sky-rocketing and my website url pins are tanking...

What I want to know is, is this an algorithm change that all urls on accounts will eventually get or are we all (accounts experiencing this) just randomly caught in the spam filter and we can't get out - it's very frustrating to keep getting the same responses from pinterest about new pins etc...

Especially to those who have been with pinterest since the start. 

I do not think that second level support is attainable unfortubately even though I've asked for it several times. It just seems they are lumping us in the same response emails. 😑

Just trying to get answers so I can move on. 

3 Kudos
Problem-solver

@Joinmyjourney Hi there.....just reading your post and to offer some support Its not about your boards ie. travel this has been going on for a fair amount of time - I have had many ups and downs and most recently I am down because I have been away and not pinning I haven't pinned at all because I have been away - but there are some kinks that are happening with many of the changes being made at Pinterest my best piece of advice is reach out to one the amazing Community Managers (if it gets bad) @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice and if you can try to be a little patient keep pinning and making awesome content as clearly you do. Travel is huge right now and any other board you add right now will only enhance what you have already . Your numbers will come back.

Please watch this video:

https://share.getcloudapp.com/OAuWEXNP

I have had a video pin hit 10,000 and drop within 2 days to 500 and then the next week back up to 10,000 - If you don't need to use support don't it will leave you frustrated and questioning everything I say this after reading months worth of posts with similar issues.

Through my experience doing nothing (weird right) seemed to be the best answer to the numbers.

I know I know its not an exact or precise answer but I am hoping it will allow you to take a breath.

Please keep making awesome content I really enjoy it and glad you made it to the PBC. Lisa😁

I love your board and have followed you thank you for sharing.

Please follow me on Pinterest: Real South American LivingThanks! Lisa
1 Kudo
Just visiting

I am disheartened and slightly relieved to see your post - because I'm in the same boat, but also clearly not alone. Two weeks ago, I went from 500-600k impressions daily to 50-60k impressions daily.

I've been reassured over and over by Pinterest support that nothing is wrong, and given the copy-and-paste about organic content and fresh posts. 

My traffic tanked overnight. Now, when I search my name, very niche keywords, or even my domain name, I am NOWHERE in the results. All of the results are either from my Instagram, Etsy shop, YouTube, Amazon, or from other websites who have stolen or "borrowed" my images (without permission) and are ranking under my name and keywords. My own website doesn't exist in searches at all.

Pinterest aren't explaining it. They aren't even acknowledging it. They are just dismissing me, and refusing to escalate the issue. So I'm coming here now to the community in the hope to find someone who can help. I hope you find your answers, and I'll be watching to see what happens. Please keep me updated too, as I've already lost a few hundred dollars in lost sales over the past few weeks from the reduced traffic to my website!

4 Kudos
Just visiting

I have been on Pinterest for 5 years as pinterest.com/sarahrenaeclark,  built a following of 37k+, and Pin what I believe to be consistently high-quality, engaging and fresh content. (Pinterest actually reached out once to feature one of my Pins)

2 weeks ago, my traffic tanked, literally overnight.

drop 1.png

drop 2.png

So naturally, I reached out to Pinterest to find out if I had been flagged as spam. Their first response was wrong, and got a reply from Pinterest support, saying they had “found a bug in our spam blocker that was mistakingly flagging safe content.”

4- email from Pinterest.png

I was surprised to then receive another email, saying that my account wasn't flagged as spam, and that "Pinterest sees natural ebbs and flows with content distribution" – I  was then given advice on creating high quality, inspiring ideas that would resonate with my audience, and given some links to help me create better content.

I continued to follow up with support and dig a little deeper myself, discovering that my website had disappeared from searches completely.

Previously, I ranked all over Pinterest for general and specific keywords, both short and long, for a range of topics relating to my niche. But instead, I decided to search for some very specific keywords that I was 100% confident I would rank for, including exact titles of my posts, my own name, my domain name, and my topics. My content didn’t show up on any of these searches.

The most alarming search was for my site, sarahrenaeclark.com

This is not just the URL on my Pins – I also mention it in many of my Pin descriptions.

I did a search for this in Pinterest, and it returned a total of 23 results. ONLY 23.

Of those 23:

• 5 were promoted ads, not relevant to the search at all
  • 1 was random, I don’t know why it showed up
  • 9 were MY images that have been stolen (or “borrowed without permission”) by other websites, using my images and my names on their own posts, sending traffic from my content to their sites.
  • 4 were my images, but went to other social sites (youtube, Facebook, Instagram.)
  • 1 was uploaded by a user (again, my image, but not uploaded by me or with my permission)
  • Leaving JUST 2 PINS actually directing to my website.

search.jpg

I've submitted these images and all this information in multiple support tickets with Pinterest, and I'm even still paying for Promoted Pins. I asked for my tickets to be escalated, and was refused.

I'm being told over and over:

• It will take some time for the traffic to scale up as before (with no explanation as to WHAT happened?)
  • Please be patient and keep creating the original content on a regular basis. 
  • the drop is completely organic
  • the account or domain is not flagged for spam (even though the website has disappeared from Pinterest?)
  • Pinterest sees natural ebbs and flows with content distribution
  • We encourage creators to continue to post high-quality, inspiring ideas to see what resonates with their audience on Pinterest (Of course! This is what I've been trying to do!)
  • Recent changes may be due to updates we are making to prioritize new Pins over already-Pinned content. Pinterest encourages creators to publish new, original content on a regular basis as the best way to build an audience on Pinterest. (Yes! Again… this is what I've been doing!)

So from here, I really need some help, and I'm getting desperate. My Christmas sales are usually double my other months, mostly thanks to Pinterest traffic. But this month, I've lost a lot of revenue from the drop in traffic, with no sign of any change.

@PinterestGabby @PinterestRyan @PinterestJanice - I've heard you are the people to work the magic. Can you please help me with the following?

1. I want someone to take this seriously and actually look at my account. Acknowledge that my website isn't showing up in searches, and explain to me why/how/what has happened, or admit if it's unknown.

2. Tell me what I can do from here. If the "bug" has been fixed, and it's back in my hands to build organically, OK. I just need to know. But I need to know that I'm not just wasting my time and losing weeks on end while this isn't resolved.

3. If I'm somehow breaking best practices with my Pinning strategy, or if I'm doing something that may have flagged all this, can someone tell me? My priority is ALWAYS quality over quantity, and I recently reduced my daily pinning number in Tailwind and cut back on a lot of Pins, plus the past 2 months I've been producing 10-15 new images per week to brand new blog posts and videos. LOTS of new content, and I've been working on video content too. If group boards, or certain other activities are causing this, I'd like to know. I WANT TO WORK WITH PINTEREST ON THIS.

4. Thank you for reading this far. Seriously. I'm exhausted by all this, and I'm sure you're exhausted reading it.

2 Kudos

my pins are not getting impressions and clicks could some body help me out my account is about Laptop Empire

0 Kudos
Problem-solver

@sarahrenaeclark Hi there I just read your post and I am sorry to hear that your having difficulties - Know this your not alone and there are many people who have and are experiencing similar issues including myself. I as said in an earlier post sometimes letting the tech correct itself is in my mind the better way to go and to be clear that is exactly what I do I have often found that when things are kind of wonky they tend to correct themselves within time - keep creating and pinning. I am tagging one of our community managers @PinterestGabby to see if she can provide any assistance and guidance to you.

Please watch this video:

https://share.getcloudapp.com/OAuWEXNP

I am glad you came to the PBC and please know that there are lots of great people in the community who can be really helpful.

Please follow me on Pinterest: Real South American LivingThanks! Lisa
1 Kudo