cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

djmarcoandre

The problem is probably not you it's Pinterest. I've lost nearly my entire audience of nearly 4million per year and the only changes have been with Pinterest and going from a supportive discovery community to pay for views racket.

3 Kudos
alwaysusebutter
Just visiting

Since May my traffic has been steadily declining, not just from the higher-than-normal levels in April, but to well below what it was even before that.

I started posting videos this summer, and the first ones got good impressions - but since a few months back they get 0 or 1-2 views. When searching for the exact title and scrolling through all videos, they don't show up. For example these videos:

https://www.pinterest.se/pin/706502260289157032/ (1 view)
https://www.pinterest.se/pin/706502260289119170/ (2 views)

I've been in contact with Pinterest support several times and they say I'm not caught in spam and encourage me to post new pins.

Well, that's exactly what I've been doing since May and well before that. Focus on new pins. But it is not helping. I follow Pinterest best practices and all the tips already:

• I pin 15-30 pins per day, both mine and others
  • I don't pin the same pins over and over
  • I use keywords in my descriptions but I don't stuff them
  • I've tried changing up pin graphics, sizes
  • I've tried animated pins, video pins

Nothing is helping. It's just steadily declining.

I know there are ebbs and flows as the support has told me several times, but this is not ebb and flow - it's a steady decline. And the rate of decline is getting faster and faster.

I'm working with a Pinterest expert and she doesn't see this behavior for any of the other accounts she helps with. None! 

Now I'm at my wits end and I have no idea what more to try. Or if I should just quit Pinterest all together.

What else is there to do??

2 Kudos
miaharperdesign
Just visiting

It doesn't matter how many new pins or new videos you put up on Pinterest. It doesn't matter if you even follow the trends. It is an uphil downhill effort. It has become a daily chore!

Pinterest algorithms must be now giving preference to paid advertisers. Non-payers are bottom of the ladder!

Two more weeks to go to see if my experiments on this are correct. Then I absolutely cannot be ar***d continuing with this platform and giving precious and valuable time to it.

0 Kudos
junaidmeher31212
Just visiting

yes, i'm facing same issue from last one week. Please anyone guide me what is tha reason and solution of this problem.

Thanks!

2 Kudos
cantinhodabrendaofc
Just visiting

Exatamente a Meses Minhas Impressões vem caindo drasticamente. Espero Que o Pinterest e Seu Suport Resolvam isso.

1 Kudo
immotherofthebride
Just visiting

Early in September my impressions dropped dramatically and have since fallen even further to almost zero.

I have reached out innumberable times to Pinterest support but even when I get somone willing to look into the matter I am given an email I have to reply to 'so they know it's me'. But I always get the 'message not received' message suggesting I've waited too long to reply (!!!!)

As a last resort I have gone through all my saved pins and deleted any that were at all likely to be spam.  Given that I only save from the suggested pins served by Pinterest to my feed, I was surprised to note that some accounts had been blocked as spam.

If anyone at Pinterest is actually reading this, could they look again at my account immotherofthebride.com to see if they can now start showing my pins again.

I tested the audience by paying to promote a pin and got high click through rate.  So I know it's not that people are not interested in my pins.  Even with tiny numbers of impressions some pins have a 10% click through rate.

It's difficult to express how badly this whole problem has affected me.  OK if I were 30 I'd just drop my strategy (Pinterest) and start something new but I'm over 70 so I'll be dead before payoff if I keep starting things anew.

Joni

4 Kudos
jodeakinltd
Just visiting

Please could we have someone review our account to see if we have been caught in the spam filter - we are receiving barely any impressions, clicks or saves? Using Pinterest is starting to yield no results. 

0 Kudos
miaharperdesign
Just visiting

Well I've been fiddling with my pins. I'd had 2m monthly views which over two months ago sunk down to 779k with the new Pinterest algorithms.

I've been battling with the pins. A few days ago I got to 845k then a few days later I went down to 815k then as of 17.11.20 I went up to 886k!

I create 5 fresh pins a day and repin 20 pins which are all on trend. It is really hard work now to keep up this momentum as I'm constantly checking the weekly trending keywords and figuring a way to use them with my images.

I don't pay for any ads so of course this uphill struggle is down to using trending keywords with relevant hashtags.

It takes a heck of a lot of time to put these pins together using Canva templates. I won't use Tailwind templates in their Create prog as they are not as automatic as they say they are and are fiddly. Their monthly packages are really expensive too when you consider you can use Canva's great templates of which there are many free of charge!

I really feel like I am an employee of Pinterests putting out these fresh pins which could go up or down with the monthly views.

Still accumulating followers daily averaging between 20 to 30 people however if my pins are not getting repinned or people aren't buying it's really a fools paradise!

I'll keep on checking to see if the trending keywords really work over the next week or so and if this is the only way to build the impressions.

1 Kudo
miaharperdesign
Just visiting

Hmmm, on the eve of 19.11.20, over two days, my monthly views have been bumped up from 886.5k to 959.3k! Heavens don't know what is going on here.

Tailwind although having cleared my pins then revealed I had 36 pins that had been thrown out! Yet my monthly views went up!

Not sure how this has happened. All I can say is that maybe working purely on trending topics may be an answer albeit labour intensive. 

0 Kudos
HeyMareike
Just visiting

Wow, this is really disappointing to see.

My account too has dropped by 99%!!!
Some of my latest pins seem to just have disappeared and others have 1 view!

The most disappointing thing is the lack of transparency from Pinterest!

Telling people that everything is normal is a complete joke.

Obviously it’s not.

Interesting as well, that apparently Tailwind seems to be an issue now?

And also horrible to see how many spammy and stolen content gets to rank high!

I‘m so disappointed to read all of this!

Luckily, I don‘t depend on Pinterest alone, so I will stop publishing to the platform as of now.

Sad as it is.

Hope that this will be fixed soon!

2 Kudos