cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Posts regularly

My account was accidentally flagged in aug which took two months to fix and 79 emails.

Yesterday, it happened again and I just want to know if this is happening here to other people.

What have you done to solve your issues? Why does Pinterest keep doing this?

Thanks.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Screenshot (307).pngSo, I'm curious...why would I have these relatively big spikes in my traffic every Sunday? Is it as simple as that is when my audience is on Pinterest? Or, is that when Pinterest is showing most of my pins? And regardless of the reason, what is the best way to capitalize on this? I use TW, so I'm not sure when these pins are actually being 'pinned'. TIA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@imfierceafter40  read older replies in this thread to see similar cases

1 Kudo
Highlighted

Viewers number dropped by more than 1k.

Pin saved y people dropped from 102 to 65

• . Notifications regarding pin saves dissappear 
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Posts regularly

Im working on that same problem right now as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, same here.... my pins have all but stopped and I "know" there should be high numbers. 

Suddenly there is an issue. 

Guess will just need to wait and see what is going on.  😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Now I know Pinterest has been having issues and people are experiencing similar stuff but, to be honest, that doesn't help me feel like theirs a light at the end of this tunnel.

About a month ago I lost 90% of my website traffic, Impressions, and conversions. I contacted Pinterest and was assured nothing was wrong with my account like spam flagging.

I was also told to create new content to help re-build my impressions again. Because new content was being prioritized now. 

The last month I have done nothing but create new quality content and images. However, I'm still 80% down and taking a massive financial hit. I feel hopeless and like throwing everything in the bin, to be honest.

My previously ranked successful content and pins no longer exist on the platform, I can find them in my business hub but when I search for them they're completely gone, even when I search my content only.

However, they rank in my analytics as my top pins still? I get absolutely no traffic through to my website for these pins? Yet they are still my top-performing pin that no longer exists?? How can that be "A functioning perfectly account?" 

My current best pin that brings through about the only traffic I currently get doesn't show up in my business hub as a top pin? But does in my analytics section... 

Im just no longer convinced there's nothing wrong with my account, I've been in touch again but I'm just so frustrated and heartbroken that all my hard work is gone and all my new hard work is doing next to nothing, except 1 pin.

Even if someone could tell me my acc defiantly isn't perfectly functional would at least make me feel there was an end to this in sight but to get replies that it's running perfectly, and has no issues just makes me want to give up.
It's clearly not all right and I've waited a month+ now to see if it will sort itself.

Sorry for the long read/rant just frustrated and writing it out actually helps a little.

Thanks to anyone that gets this far or can help me at all.

Sheryl - Fur Fun with Me! Owner.

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi,

Ask them about your domain instead of account because your account might be safe, but your domain is likely flagged by their spam blocker.

I have the same problem but haven't fixed yet. They told me that it will take several days to fix the issue. God knows!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

thank you!!!! I will definitely try this and fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hundreds of people are having the same problem.  @PinterestJanice  can link to the latest announcement that there isn't anything Pinterest will be changing regarding the distribution of pins. I can't find her post now.... 

To add my commentary / OPINION to your specific question "Is it worth being on Pinterest anymore?" - It's certainly debatable. Pinterest went public and their business strategy changed. The goal for Pinterest now is to keep people on their platform more/longer. This allows them to serve up more ads. Understandable business strategy.  Think "Story Pins" - there is no way to ad a link to a Story Pin... so basically, it seems the purpose of a Story Pin is to have bloggers create "free" content to entertain Pinterest users, keep them on the platform longer so the users see more ads.

Same thing Facebook did several years ago. A ton of bloggers left Facebook since then because their FB Page is squashed unless they pay to "boost" their posts. For large blogs, they can afford this and are still doing well. It seems Pinterest is headed down this same road. Large bloggers will be fine, as they will be able to afford to run Pinterest ads. For small bloggers who can't afford to pay to have their Pins shown, I think they'll move on as they did with FB. The main difference is....  Pinterest relies on Creators to put content on their platform in order for them to show ads in between that content. So, it's disheartening how Pinterest is treating Creators/Bloggers. Without Creator/Blogger content, Pinterest will only be ads from large companies. Unlike FB, where the general public posts constantly and therefore, there is plenty of user created content to show ads in between in the Newsfeed.

For the "next" platform.... TikTok seems to be growing in popularity for bloggers. And eventually, surely the same thing will happen there.

Small bloggers might just have to keep chasing traffic from platforms that haven't gone public yet.

Suggestions: Join a few FB Groups that focus on "how to" market your blog on Pinterest (you can find us all complaining about the drop in Pinterest traffic there too) but a lot of information on how bloggers are trying to recover their Pinterest traffic.

2 Kudos