cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi PBC, apologies for the length of time that it's been since the last communication on this. It was important for us to connect with the teams who touch distribution to ensure we could communicate from an informed position.

If your account has been cleared by support (i.e. they responded to your ticket and reported there are no issues or flags on your account) there is no further technical resolution that will result in the return of your distribution. From this point, the resolution is purely tactical, dependent on your pins and pinning strategy. There are recent reports on this topic of tactical strategies that are producing positive returns. We encourage you to continue sharing those wins with each other. 

@PinterestGabby is great about sharing out the educational sessions for both businesses and creators. You may not be new to Pinterest but there is often new insight offered in them from both and product and tactics perspective. 

I understand this response, for those of you who have been deeply affected by in distribution and engagement on your pins, is going to fall short. However, I felt it important to share there is no "bug" on the Pinterest side to resolve. 

One of my principles as a community leader is transparency, those of you who have taken advantage of my fireside chats to speak with me understand how important this value is to me. As with any tech platform, change happens quickly. I won't pretend we will always get it right. For those who aren't happy with pin distribution on the platform right now, I hope we can demonstrate there is still immense potential to grow your brand (personal or professional) on Pinterest.

As always, respond or reach out with any Q's. 

3 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

I’ve experienced a major drop in pin and page views. My page views are continually dropping yet my impressions on new pins are increasing.... a little. However my  old pins are still getting shares, clicks, and hundreds of impressions. 
Why is this? Is my account accidentally marked as spam? My account is virtuworksforeu. 

Thank you, 

Rhonda Fore

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

@PinterestJanice 

Thanks for your reply. Fair enough.  I think the most frustrating aspect for a lot of us that aren't getting distribution on the platform is that our images are still showing up at the top of the search but they are all stolen. Is Pinterest doing anything to address this? Filing DMCA claims does nothing because they are just replaced by more spam. 

I could show you countless of searches where Pinterest returns nothing but spam.

halloween spam pinterest.jpg

Yesterday, I was casually searching on Pinterest "Halloween costume ideas 2020." I was expecting new, timely, relevant search results. Instead I got spam. Seven out of the top ten results are nothing but spam. Spammers have stolen images, tilted them, and linked them to absolute junk.

When a user clicks on these pins users are sent to spam offers. For example, one of these pins links to https:_//amazoncompanymemo.blogspot.co.za/-35-Halloween-Costumes-Coll
Click it and you get redirected to the _wishgoo.site.

I still love Pinterest and it's a great platform, but I'm tired of seeing spam ranking and being distributed over valuable, useful content. 

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

@PinterestJanice 

"We’re also seeing a drastic jump in crafting spaces and styles that make Pinners feel more relaxed and cozy during this increased time spent at home (75x increase in "cozy room decor"7x increase in "comfy school outfits")."

I took a look at the "Insights Weekly" and a lot of these "trending searches" are also returning spam. Here are a couple of examples:
What Pinners are searching for returning spamWhat Pinners are searching for returning spam

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the helpful screenshots and context, @thetoybuzz . I'll share out your examples with our teams. If there's any action taken or feedback from our end I will definitely share it with you! 

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@PinterestJanice - I appreciate the time to address this issue, but replies from Pinterest that there is no flag or block on my website have being sent all the time, but as I mentioned earlier - some time ago a Pinterest support answered with this one:

Hi ******,

Thanks for writing in!

Your domain was mistakenly flagged by our systems as low quality. We’ve corrected the issue and you can expect to see your traffic rebound within 7-10 days.

However, I also see that you have been using Tailwind lately for saving content on your account. Earlier there were some issues in categorizing Pins saved from Tailwind but we have now corrected our logic and Pins that are created or repinned are being categorized correctly.

Since, Pinterest encourages creators to publish new, original content on a regular basis and consider this as the best way to build an audience on Pinterest, we'll prioritize new original content published by creators over Saves. You can learn more about publishing your content in our help center https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/publish-your-content.

Keeping that in mind, I suggest saving more fresh and trending content that can help in scaling up the traffic eventually. Save content via our create flow or directly from various websites.

It may still take a few more days after this activity, for your traffic to scale up and I suggest you to continue with the effort and be patient with us. You should eventually see the results.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks
Rachel

Obviously after several replies from Pinterest that all is good , finally someone really checked and fixed the issue - that was back in June 2020.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi,

I am very much disappointed. You know what hurts most. You write unique content and also unique Pinterest design to get traffic and what happens. Your website gets spammed, and someone else uses the same content and pins design, and he/she is making money. What strange behavior of this platform. Look at this pin. Someone just copied my entire content as it and also image ranked on this keyword in Pinterest search: hair removal

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/217720963224492908/?nic_v2=1a6Ojz0eb

This is my website URL:

https://www.souqtalks.com/this-vaseline-trick-can-help-you-remove-unwanted-hair/

You can see my logo and article.

I am not getting any proper response from Pinterest.

Thanks.

@dianavantankeren 

@PinterestJanice 

@PinterestGabby 

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestJanice 

Thanks for addressing the issue, highly appreciated. 

But it is quite strange to notice that the Pin impressions for each Pin have dropped to single digits from 100s to 1000s for all the Pins published since last 1 month, including the freshly created Pins. How is this possible? 

Also, I have noticed that the numbers on the analytics are not getting captured correctly. The number shown on our notification and on the pin does not match at all for the new pins posted for the last 1 month or so. So assume there is some issue that needs to be fixed.

For instance, here's a screenshot of an old pin (posted before a month) where the number of saves matches (highlighted in yellow):

Old pin.PNG

And then there is a screenshot of the new pin (posted recentlywhere the number of saves do not match  (highlighted in yellow). How do you explain this? 

New Pins.PNG

This has been happening with all our recent posts (both standard and video pins), and I just happened to notice it. 

Could you please check on this?

Is there anyone else who has recently noticed this or facing this issue?
3 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hello,

I want to share something that might help you communicate with the Pinterest support team better.

Like everyone, my account also suffered from something that reduced my impressions and clicks by 95%.

I was confused and couldn't understand what was going on. So, I contacted the support team and asked whether my account was marked as spam?

As usual, they told me that nothing was wrong. I guess Y'all also got the same response talking about natural ebbs and flows.

1.png

Now, after a month, my account was still not recovering even after creating fresh pins everyday. So, out of frustration, I again contacted them, but this time I asked a different question.

Instead of account, I asked whether my domain was marked as spam? And this time, I got a different answer like the below one.

2.png

So, the real reason why my account was tanking is due to the domain mistakenly flagged by their spam blocker. I don't know how long it will take to get things back to normal, but let's hope for the best.

If you are communicating with them, also ask about your domain. Maybe you will get better clarity.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Lately, my pins are not doing well at all on Pinterest.  My unique views have plummeted and the click through rate is non existent.  As a blogger, I spend a lot of time and effort creating fresh pins for blog posts.  Given the way that pins are struggling, I'm now starting to wonder if it's worth staying on Pinterest at all. 

@PinterestGabby   I can't seem to get a response from Pinterest to understand what's causing the drastic drop in views/impressions/clicks.  

Is anyone else having the same problem?  

5 Kudos