cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Just visiting
Labels (1)

Hello lovelies!😀

First of all, so glad to see this Business Community coming to life! Excited to see what future holds for all of us!

Now, onto the question! Has anyone experience a SUDDEN and SHARP drop in reach. I'm talking 70-80% in a day.

allnutritiousblog_0-1598437751021.png

And it keeps going down! Just in a day I disappeared of all search results for keywords that I have been ranking for.

The traffic is consistently down on all pins and all pages at a very similar percentage:

allnutritiousblog_1-1598437922667.png

And the pins

allnutritiousblog_2-1598437968494.png

Actually something like this has happened before and customer support has confirmed that I was caught by the spam filters accidentally. It then got fixed. Here is how it looked:

July 17:

allnutritiousblog_3-1598438126715.png

It took around a week to bounce right back up after I've been unflagged by the system. Now, I'm being told it's natural ebbs and flows:

allnutritiousblog_4-1598438190646.png

Now, has anyone experienced something similar to that? How did you bounce back? I publish new content consistenly and have been publishing more. I also upload videos but their reach has significantly dropped down too (by around the same percentage).

I have now stopped running ads because I feel like my reach is being limited by quite a bit. It doesn't seem to make sense to try to grow brand awareness.

I would love to go back up and continue growing with the community! I would highly appreciate if any of you have any advice!

Love and kisses!🌻

-Karo

21 Kudos
463 Replies
Highlighted
Just visiting

Thanks, but this is a whole new issue and not the normal low reach issues of the past (I've dealt with those on a few accounts as well - both spam blocker and non-spam blocker and recovered the traffic from those). This is a low reach issue only on fresh pins but not story or video pins. This is across all niches including niches that are in high season right now (even with high quality pins on top Pinterest trend topics). All best practices are being followed, and some of these accounts pin basically only fresh content (no repeat pins at all).

I got a reply back from the help desk from a ticket I submitted before posting this saying it is part of a new spam blocker issue that should be resolved in a few days, but it is impacting all 30+ accounts. They asked me to send all of the accounts, so I did that today. Waiting to get a response on that one now to see how widespread this new issue is since it started around the same time on all accounts and is impacting all accounts in the same way.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi,

Sorry to hear this! I was just looking at the date of your reply and see only yesterday!

I have the same issue 😞 About 10 days ago pin impressions were in the 100s and 1000s and now getting 2. My old pins are getting traffic so I don't think it's a spam filter and Pinterest have come back with a personalised email and confirmed this. Also I can see my pins in the search but like you say something isn't right! My impressions analytics has plummeted and monthly users going down daily 😞

I agree with you! It's a waste of time making new pins. New content not getting seen. I've started doing one fresh pin a day only and that's it but so far nothing. Really hope Pinterest sorts this out!! Hope your account improves x

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

This is me too! I will look one day and it's not too bad and the next day....down! I just wish could be sorted x

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Same issue 😞 Sorry. I wish they would sort it out.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Same issue on the same dates. Seems to be a new issue and different than any low traffic/low impressions issues I've seen in the past as it is longer and not impacting analytics overall in the same way. Hope we can get some answers/a solution soon!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @typicallytopical 

I genuinely have tried to find the mythical "Contact Us" page on Pinterest in VAIN. I cant find any of the instructions you shared above! Is it because of the new Layout and all that? 

Any signpost link would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks @kalungigroup 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Loves to help

@kalungigroup I haven't noticed any changes with the layout my side, but here's the link to the pinterest contact page. If that doesn't work, under the resources section of this forum, there's a submit a ticket option. It leads to the same page.

Hope that helps!

- Charlotte

2 Kudos
Highlighted

Back in May 2020 my account was marked as SPAM and I went from getting a lot of impressions to almost 0. It took a few weeks and I emailed Pinterest that I think my account was accidentally marked as SPAM. I took a Pinterest and Tailwind break for a few months. I started back in July and grew to about 2mm monthly views. Then about 2 weeks ago, the May incident happened again and I'm getting no impressions, and my 2mm monthly views and link clicks are going back to zero. I know I am marked as SPAM and there's no point creating new Pins until Pinterest addresses this issue. I've sent around a dozen emails. Could someone please help me? Pinterest, I want to run ads, but I can't do anything until this SPAM filter is lifted on my account. 

0 Kudos
Posts regularly

If you are seeing a ton of stolen pins dominate the search results, it is a very bad sign.

1 Kudo
Highlighted

My account was up to 4.7M monthly viewers with high engagement and lick clicks to my blog. Over the past month or so, it continues to plummet to under 1M currently. I post ONLY fresh pins, upload video pins, and promote new posts by creating campaigns on the platform. My strategy did not change from when the account was soaring to now. I understand seasonal ebbs and flows but this dramatic of a drop is a huge red flag. I sent a support ticket but received mixed messages that fly in the face of what we are being told by Pinterest during recent webinars and summits. I want to have my account escalated up the support chain. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! (attached are screenshots of recent pin distribution and account analytics)

0 Kudos