cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Just visiting

Same issue on the same dates. Seems to be a new issue and different than any low traffic/low impressions issues I've seen in the past as it is longer and not impacting analytics overall in the same way. Hope we can get some answers/a solution soon!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @typicallytopical 

I genuinely have tried to find the mythical "Contact Us" page on Pinterest in VAIN. I cant find any of the instructions you shared above! Is it because of the new Layout and all that? 

Any signpost link would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks @kalungigroup 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Loves to help

@kalungigroup I haven't noticed any changes with the layout my side, but here's the link to the pinterest contact page. If that doesn't work, under the resources section of this forum, there's a submit a ticket option. It leads to the same page.

Hope that helps!

- Charlotte

2 Kudos
Highlighted

Back in May 2020 my account was marked as SPAM and I went from getting a lot of impressions to almost 0. It took a few weeks and I emailed Pinterest that I think my account was accidentally marked as SPAM. I took a Pinterest and Tailwind break for a few months. I started back in July and grew to about 2mm monthly views. Then about 2 weeks ago, the May incident happened again and I'm getting no impressions, and my 2mm monthly views and link clicks are going back to zero. I know I am marked as SPAM and there's no point creating new Pins until Pinterest addresses this issue. I've sent around a dozen emails. Could someone please help me? Pinterest, I want to run ads, but I can't do anything until this SPAM filter is lifted on my account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

If you are seeing a ton of stolen pins dominate the search results, it is a very bad sign.

1 Kudo
Highlighted

My account was up to 4.7M monthly viewers with high engagement and lick clicks to my blog. Over the past month or so, it continues to plummet to under 1M currently. I post ONLY fresh pins, upload video pins, and promote new posts by creating campaigns on the platform. My strategy did not change from when the account was soaring to now. I understand seasonal ebbs and flows but this dramatic of a drop is a huge red flag. I sent a support ticket but received mixed messages that fly in the face of what we are being told by Pinterest during recent webinars and summits. I want to have my account escalated up the support chain. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! (attached are screenshots of recent pin distribution and account analytics)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@thetoybuzz this is a very interesting theory that would explain why the sudden drop in impressions overall ( new pins and even old ones).

Someone on reddit suggested that it could be migration of pins from one database to another...making them unavailable in the process...which would also explain the drop in impressions and the fact that some of my most popular pins would rank high one day and disappear completely from the search results the next day.

I also had to report some stolen pins...who knows where the truth is

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hey guys,

I want to share my experience so far in case someone wants to give it a shot.  I have only been working on my Pinterest account for just over a month now and all of my numbers were increasing at a rate that I was happy with.  Then overnight on the weekend of 9/26 my impressions dropped to the single digits and my viewers started dropping daily as well.  I submitted tickets and received responses that my account was fine, to post new content (which I always do daily), there is a bug with the spam detector and it will take time to resolve, and so forth.  After researching what to do, I started posting less pins and gradually deleting pins that had low performance.  This decline continued until last weekend when I accidentally posted a pin through Tailwind to the wrong board and deleted it on Pinterest as soon as I realized after the fact and reposted but since it was late, I wasn't in the mood to go back into Tailwind so I just posted it through Pinterest then and there.  My impressions went back to normal for this pin so my theory was that Tailwind was causing the drop.  To test my theory, I took all my scheduled pins from Tailwind and scheduled them on Pinterest instead.  My impressions and numbers went back to normal for all those pins.  I tested Tailwind again and scheduled pins for a day and the numbers went back to the single digits.  I then later deleted those pins and rescheduled them from Pinterest and my numbers were normal.  It looks like Tailwind is an issue so I am planning on canceling my subscription with them.  You guys might want to see if it works with your accounts as well.

Good luck!

Baljit  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Baljit, in our case (at least mine), even if I upload my pins through Pinterest, nothing is working. I could only see 3 or 10 impressions on my pins. 

Also, as you said, you have been on Pinterest for one month, so could you tell me within one month, how many visitors you are getting daily and how many fresh pins you are uploading each day? Are you repining the same pins again and again?

If you are getting decent traffic being there for one month, I am thinking to start a new account.

Thanks,

Mahesh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

What @thetoybuzz suggested is what I've already been thinking about the whole situation.

Looks like someone is using automated software and steal my pins then upload them with affiliate links, spam, etc.

It's normal for Pinterest users to give negative feedback to these pins over and over again and thus the Pinterest algo learns no to show these pins.

Unfortunately, not sure how we can fix that unless Pinterest support doesn't have any solution?

Reporting pins? But how to find thousands of stolen pins manually and manually report them?

@PinterestGabby @PinterestBrad 

P.S. I thought Facebook support was the worst ever, but since dealing with Pinterest support for over a month - Pinterest beats it

3 Kudos