cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

kayceelemondrop
Just visiting

WOW so many people all having the same issues. This needs to be fixed people are losing money over this. I have clients not wanting to run ads until its fixed. 

We went from 2 million monthly views down to 1K this all happened within a month. I get the platform shift I will continue to update my SEO and stuff but my goodness if these many people are having issues something must be wrong. 

4 Kudos
tikliwali
Just visiting

Dear @PinterestGabby 

I am not sure if someone is addressing the issues at Pinterest. I have created multiple tickets and still no answer to how Pinterest destroyed everything in 30 days. It's absolutely heartbreaking to see it happening on a daily basis. Take a look at the screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 12.25.15 PM.png

At least there should be some resolution for the business community. I am sure, I am not the only one here facing the problem. It will be great if you can actually look into the matter. 

4 Kudos
muchadoaboutpets
Just visiting

Hello.

I wish I could tell you it goes away or that Pinterest manages to solve the issue but I can't.

For me, it's been 3 months and the situation is exactly the same, my account which was once thriving, is dead.

So much so I'm closing it this week, honestly I can't stand looking at the numbers analytics shows me on a daily basis.

Worst still, I see here some people who have had the same problem for longer and still aren't getting any answers or results.

Some say Pinterest is unable to solve the issue, others say it won't because it wants to end free traffic.

Be that as it may, I'm giving up. 

Best of luck to you all.

0 Kudos
muchadoaboutpets
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby 

Unfortunately my relief was short lived. I realized once Pinterest analytics updated that my numbers were coming from older pins, my new pins are still virtually invisible to Pinterest users.

I've stayed away this long to try and keep my motivation but honestly I've had enough.

I've filled a new ticket with Pinterest help and if nothing happens, I will be shutting down this account and moving on.

Thank you,

Sandy

0 Kudos
JayDeeMahs
Just visiting

Came here looking for answers, as well. 

I went from 4.3 million monthly views (and climbing steadily all year) to 2.7 million monthly views in less than one month. THAT is NOT normal!

I've done nothing different with how I use Pinterest. I don't believe anything I did caused this serious decline in monthly views. 

Like so many others here in this thread, I haven't found any solution to why this is happening, and Pinterest doesn't seem to be responding to this issue. 

If this is a "glitch" with Pinterest, are those stats just lost then? Will they be restored? Are they "stuck" where they are now and won't increase again?

So many questions - yet nothing from Pinterest as an explanation. Very frustrating. 

I wasn't running ads prior to this severe drop in monthly views, so I thought I'd try running a couple of ads now to see if that changes anything. I really don't think it will at this point, but thought maybe it was worth a try - though it does feel like I'm just throwing money away. 

I wish I had a solution to share here!

I appreciate this thread to let me now I'm not alone, but I hope we all find resolution from Pinterest - SOON!

If it isn't working the way you're doing it, do it a different way.
2 Kudos
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

Eesh  😮 - I agree, this problem has got to be looked at.  Its not right or fair that Pinterest can change the way how things are done AFTER they start to do a major update, while never letting anyone know whats going on.

I thought my loss was bad but 4 million monthly audience lost as seen above. 😪 - Wow, and what is the answer going to be ? "We are sorry but there is nothing that we can do and you have to except there will be little blips now and again."

If I ever have the good enough fortune to have 4 million audience to loose and then loose them, I will close my account and never come back. To many people are getting slammed for nothing other then their hard work being wiped out and not given an answer to why it is happening, other then its a blip in the system. 

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP.  ( sorry, rant over )

4 Kudos
liveloveruntravel
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice @PinterestBrad 

I've emailed Pinterest several times as well as reached out by email to contacts at Pinterest in the last two weeks and not received an answer, so I'm coming here as a last resort.

I run a Pinterest agency, and we manage 30+ accounts. Starting between September 28 and October 2, pin stats on fresh pins (from old URLs and new URLs) started having extremely low reach. Every single fresh pin had less than 50 impressions and almost all of them had 0 saves and 0 clicks. I know there are issues with pin stats sometimes, so I opened one of the pins to track and gave it a few days to see if they updated.

If it is a fresh pin from a brand new post, it has low reach. If it is a fresh pin on an old post, it has low reach. If it is an old pin recycled through from last year, it has low reach. This goes against everything that the fresh content algorithm updates stood for. Even after two weeks, the pins are not taking off, fresh or not. We have not changed content or style of pins, and these pins used to get a few thousand impressions in the first 24 hours, a few saves, and a few clicks. They still don't have the old 24 hour numbers two weeks later with all the stats combined.

It's now been a couple of weeks, and all fresh pins are still experiencing issues with low reach. Some of those initial pins now have a few hundred impressions and a couple of saves and clicks, but nothing like what they used to get. This is across all accounts and all niches (food, finance, lifestyle, travel, home decor, etc.).

In Analytics, link clicks continue to perform normally, but impressions are pretty stagnant. Before there were ups and downs in impressions (typically related to days with more or less fresh pins that took off), but now impression lines are relatively flat without any ups and downs.

The only pins with "normal" stats are video pins and story pins (and not all accounts have access to story pins yet). This is an ongoing issue since the end of September and not a one or two day delay like what normally happens when Pinterest rolls out a new feature and stats get messed up or delayed for a little bit.

Can you please let us know if there has been an algorithm change causing this strange pattern in reach on fresh pins or if there is an ongoing glitch? There isn't the steep drop in analytics like there is with spam blocker issues, but is there an issue with the spam blocked blocking all new pins in the last few weeks?

I'd love any kind of update you can provide so we can notify clients about what is going on. It is frustrating to keep reaching out and get no responses, so I am hoping I can get some answers here. I can provide screenshots of anything you need on all 30 accounts if that will expedite the process. I'm happy to move the conversation to email to provide the screenshots or to get on a zoom call and share my screen with each of the accounts.

@PinterestGabby  @PinterestBrad @PinterestJanice @PinterestRyan 

5 Kudos
abetterresume
Loves to help

Here is the official response from Pinterest on the matter. It seems there have been similar reports recently.

https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/community-basics/addressing-pinterest-traffic-drops-and-impressio...

2 Kudos
traveldotearth
Just visiting

Hi,

We have lately noticed a huge drop in our traffic and impressions. The impressions on each pin have dropped so bad that we are getting single digit impression or simply 0. We did file tickets to the support team and all we get is the same response of creating fresh pins. Yes, we are creating a lot of fresh Pins and there has been the same issue with them as well. This has been happening since the last week of September 2020. Could anyone here please look into our account and help us? Or let us know if there has been any algorithm change or updates or a glitch or an issue with Tailwind? Please look into this as it is affecting our business to a great extent.

We faced the same issue in the month of June 2020 as well. After multiple tickets, the issue was finally solved. 

We have seen many users facing the same lately. Hope it gets resolved at the earliest. Hope to get a response too.

@PinterestBrad @PinterestJanice @PinterestRyan @PinterestGabby 

1 Kudo
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I spoke to the help desk again yesterday and they continue to deny this a problem. Here's another example of pin impressions vanishing from yesterday. It's like the help desk isn't even trying to look into the issue. All they want to do is close out tickets. I've been reporting my issue since May and the help desk keeps trying to close my ticket. Ugh.

Pinterest Impression drop 101220.jpg

The three pins across the top (left to right) all lost impressions last night.

3 Kudos