cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Joinmyjourney
Just visiting

Update on my situation... this is so disheartening. I've seen no improvements at all. 

And I tried to reach out to Pinterest to see if I could get any updates on my account since it has now been experiencing this issue for almost 8 weeks and I had the rudest person get back to me. Basically, he told me that there was nothing wrong with my accounts, all his colleagues have told me the same thing and that it's annoying to keep having to tell me the same thing over and over again. 

Yet, the issue is what he said was completely untrue. Multiple of his colleagues have verified that there is an issue with my account. They were nice, apologized, and told me it would be fixed within 8 weeks (maximum time). And now this person is acting like that is untrue. 

I love Pinterest...well I used to love Pinterest. But dealing with all of this is just awful. I have never experienced talking to a support staff who acts like you are basically crazy and that there is nothing wrong. There is clearly something wrong with my account. 

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice If either of you could please help me, every time I talk to someone from Pinterest support I honestly just want to cry because they are all over the place. Especially after talking to this last person, who was so word removed per Community Guidelines and mean to me. My account has had basically zero reach since August 12th. I went from over 1 million impressions, to now 56 k impressions (and that number keeps going down), all of my fresh pins get practically zero impressions and almost all of my ranking pins have disappeared from search. I was getting hundreds of clicks per day and am now only getting a few clicks on a good day. I have put so much time and effort into building my Pinterest and it is heartbreaking to see what is happening to my account, even more so when people at Pinterest support try to point blame on me, by telling me it is my fault that my reach is down and that I need to create more fresh pins. 

8 Kudos
abetterresume
Loves to help

We hear your voice and empathize with your situation.

I looked at your board and you have a good number of boards, your pins are nice and it appears you are active.

There are a couple of things going on right now.

First, there have been some changes in Pinterest that have affected all of us. I woke up one day and my total repins dropped by 45K. I felt really bad until someone else posted that they had lost 32 million repins. Pinterest normal activity seems to be coming back a bit.

Second, your board is about travel. In 2019, the TSA screened 2 million people a day in the US, now it screens 100,000. That is a 95% decrease in Travel. I will suggest to you are seeing the same thing that a Christmas board might see in the middle of July; a substantial decrease in traffic.

Ironically, your traffic has also dropped by 95%. Do you see the relationship? I don't think Pinterest has abandoned you. I think there are many fewer people interested in traveling.

So, what do you do?

Evolve with the market. Change your focus to car trips, domestic travel and staycations. Come to the realization that you can't promote Disney, when the park is closed because of COVID-19.

There are more people than ever on Pinterest. Tap into their interests. That may even mean developing a second board with a popular topic until the travel industry recovers.

What you should not do is beat yourself up or blame Pinterest. I have dealt with their support people and there is some validity that sometimes they can be testy so you are not alone, but recently they have had a huge amount of inquiries to answer.

In every industry and every topic, there will be ebbs and flows. Find a constructive outlet while the travel industry recovers.

8 Kudos
Joinmyjourney
Just visiting

Hi,

I see where you are coming from, however, my traffic actually improved after all the travel restrictions and the beginning of COVID. So this is not what it is. In April I hit a drop and began pinning inspirational types of destinations, outdoorsy travel, and staycation types of things and my travel was increasing every day. My Pinterest impressions were actually better during this time than previously. I appreciate your input, however, this is certainly not as an issue of ebbs and flows. This is an issue that none of my pins are visible or reaching anyone. This began when many travel restrictions were lifted and I was already getting tons of impressions and clicks per day in August.

What I am referring to is a drastic drop in one day time, when all my fresh pins stopped getting any impressions and my pins disappeared from search.  

4 Kudos
artisticshit
Just visiting

Hi everyone,

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

My pinterest account is still showing one digit impressions since the past 4 months. I was told by pinterest that my account is save listed but still something is wrong with my account. I have written many tickets and i still get the same reply with no solution at hand. I seriously dont know what to do. My impressions fell from +1M to 300k. Please check my account and give me a solution.

Thanks.

2 Kudos
abetterresume
Loves to help

if there is anything that Pinterest is doing to reduce your account visibility, it can be found in this test. Check it out.

[link removed] 

0 Kudos
yourdiyfamily
Just visiting

Hi All - I've been a keen pinterest'er for ages and have spent hours upon hours building my pinterest presence. Now in the last 2-3 weeks I have lost nearly ALL my pinterest traffic - it used to be in the many hundreds daily, now it's about 10-15. My monthly views is down around 70% in the last week and going down daily.

I have contacted support - the first person who responded to me said there was a bug in the system that was causing genuine content like mine to be marked as spam. She said it would be fixed in some days. That was over 2 weeks ago and things got worse. I then contacted again and got someone else - the second support person can't really tell me what happened so I have no answers. He keeps suggesting best practices however I have been doing all this as that is exactly how I built up my presence.

The reason I am writing here is to ask if anyone has had the same experience and what you are doing? My pinterest presence has practically disappeared overnight and I can't get any answers. So I am also wondering if Pinterest is worth my time and effort?  I spent so much time building it and to see it all disappear is so upsetting. I am hoping someone here can give me some advice on whether I should forget about pinterest altogether or start trying to re-build or is there any other answer? Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
CommonCentsHub
Just visiting

I've experienced the same. In mid September my account went from around 500 daily click throughs to my site, to the single digits within two days, where it's remained. I contacted Pinterest support and was told after a few days that there was a "problem with a spam filter" that may have inadvertently flagged my content. She said the problem should resolve itself shortly. It hasn't. Yesterday I receive a grand total of 2 click throughs to my site from Pinterest. In mid September I was hovering at about 950k "monthly viewers" according to Pinterest stats. Today, just a few weeks later, it's 189k. I understand algorithm changes happen now and then, but after spending several years trying to build an account, this really makes me want to shift focus to SEO. 

3 Kudos
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

I filed DMCA reports to remove stolen pins but the stolen pins are still active and ranking in Pinterest. I think I have filed too many reports and Pinterest is no longer removing pins. Imagine every single one of your pins that shows up in Pinterest linking to a spam website. It's so devastating.

0 Kudos
yourdiyfamily
Just visiting

Hi - yes I've had the same issue. I had 1.9m monthly viewers, now down to less than 740k in about a week and every day it goes down further.  I was wondering if anyone from Pinterest here has any advice? Would really appreciate it if you could help or give us some guidance if possible - maybe @PinterestGabby . Thanks so much. 

2 Kudos
decorhomeidea
Just visiting

Hi ,

I'm also having the same issue as all of you and it's really annoying when you get all the same response from Pinterest support about not having any problems with my account and/or website.

First time that I have this sudden drop out of nowhere was around March 2020 , you can see it as a first drop in the image:

Pinterestdrop2.jpg

I started sending requests to Pinterest support every 2-3 days - all I got as an answer was a template: create new original pins, bla-bla, etc. After 2 weeks I just gave up. Later on around the beginning of June I decided to send another Pinterest support ticket about the issue - it was already more than2 months since the drop. And then a miracle happened - I've got an answer that my website was mistakenly flagged and that my traffic will be back in 10 days and it really happened - 10 days later is gets to the same level as it was before the drop.

It was steady and growing since, but in the beginning of September it happened again. I started sending requests to Pinterest again and guess what - received the same standard reply as usual about no problems at all with my website and account. Now it's more than a month and still no recovery - Pinterest denies to fix it.

One more interesting thing - as someone mentioned in this thread earlier about stolen pins, I also checked and there are tens if not thousands of my original pins all over Pinterest , with links back to some spammy websites. I guess someone is using an automated software to crawl websites and upload their pins with their custom made URL. 

As you can probably guess when someone clicks on this pin and it leads to a spammy website it's reported or at least a dislike button is hit, so probably one more thing that is hurting our websites/accounts could be this one. Negative feedback from users on your original pins and it could possibly raise a red flag on Pinterest. 

I hope someone from Pinterest reads this and finds a way to fix it as soon as possible as it hurts genuine high quality publishers instead of spammers.

2 Kudos