cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Just visiting

I've had the same problem. Traffic, impressions, engagement disappearing almost overnight. I am so upset. As like so many of you I've worked so hard to build my pinterest 😞

0 Kudos
Loves to help

@allaboutbabyblog ah I know! My individual pin stats are going crazy! Some of them are really low and then others are showing practically normal numbers. I saw on a Reddit post that when Pinterest are doing updates the stats either don't update or only partially update to their true numbers. Someone said they see this every major update. Hoping that's all this is 🙂

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

Hi @bepzillar ! I've created lots of video pins and what I've noticed is that they have a shelf life of about 1 or 2 days. Yep, one or 2 days tops. After that the views go to basically zero. I use mine as a visibility strategy to push my brand out and up the feed to reach more people. And then more if others Save it, you will see their Impressions added too.

I don't think Pinterest pushing them out according to the keywords after that 1 or 2 days. And if you create more video pins they will all show up under the pins "More Like This" section. All your video pins will show up for each video pin you create.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

@typicallytopical I sure hope so too xD I want my normal traffic back xD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@thetoybuzz 

If you already opened a ticket for those spam accounts, just follow up.

After replying that it's not a DMCA Copyright report, but a Policy Violation, my 3 most recent tickets haven't gotten a response back from Pinterest. So I replied again:

"Hi,

This spammy account is still active. 

Content creators like me are taking the time out of our day to report these spammy accounts, to prevent me and others from being victimized again (by stealing our pins).

I hope you take prompt action against them.

Kind regards"

That was about 23 hours earlier. Now when I checked, 2 out of 3 of those accounts are gone.

We just have to keep trying.

I don't think many of us reporting the same accounts would be helpful. It'll just create more tickets for Pinterest support to do. We need to report as much spam accounts as we find.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Posts regularly

@curling_diva 

Has any of your traffic recovered?

I haven't had any success in removing any spam accounts so I have given up on that route. Here is the email I received regarding shutting down a spammy account.

"Profile contents may change at any time, so we want to ensure that we are identifying the specific content that you are concerned about.

If you are only reporting a specific Pin, rather than the entire profile, please provide the link to that Pin. "

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@thetoybuzz 

Nope, still haven't recovered my traffic. It has flatlined since Sep. 16 😔

I sent a ticket again, following this up.

RE: SPAM,

I usually explain why I think that an account is spammy (i.e, pins owned by other people, as evident by watermarked website URL or logo, are stolen and used to link to Amazon, eBay, Blogspot blog, or some other spammy site). I usually ask them to click on the pin as these pins usually direct to some ads spam.

Take this, for example:

👇

This account: pinterest.com/carolynkelly462214 is stealing pins of other people and using them to link to eBay using affiliate links.

In particular, this board: https://www.pinterest.com/carolynkelly462214/hair-care/ contains pins which was stolen from my account and others.

I have already filed a DMCA complaint for the pins stolen from me (Confirmation #235099870) and these were already removed.

However, this spammy account is still active and continues to steal pins from other content creators like me to link to their own affiliate links.

After that, if they reply with the classic "copyright stuff", I tell them again that I've already filed a DMCA complaint, and that this for reporting a spam account.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Posts regularly

I am so happy that Pinterest is now blocking redirects to spammy sites.

spam-block.jpg

Hopefully, it can send these spammers packing soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi Guys,

@PinterestJanice 

just checking in to let you know that I have a better understanding of what the problem might be. It has something to do with search results rather than home feed suggestions.

I now have fixed it 2 times and it's down for the 3rd time. However, whenever it got fixed customer support could not point out to what exactly has fixed it.

All I know is that my pins suddenly disappear from search results and then something happens after contacting the support for multiple times and the pins are back in the search results.

Traffic goes right up from where it was.

I don't think it has anything to do with ads. I do run the ads on my account for around a year now and it doesn't seem to have helped with being classified as spam or whatever this is.

Whenever I have been told that I have been whitelisted, it didn't help. 

Here is a quick screenshot of all the times I have lost a significant amount of reach all of the sudden. That's last 2 months or so.

allnutritiousblog_0-1601896238098.png

With all the honesty, I'm genuinely confused. I'll try contacting my ad manager because customer support quite frankly is ignorant.

Best of luck to everyone!

-Karo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Update on my situation... this is so disheartening. I've seen no improvements at all. 

And I tried to reach out to Pinterest to see if I could get any updates on my account since it has now been experiencing this issue for almost 8 weeks and I had the rudest person get back to me. Basically, he told me that there was nothing wrong with my accounts, all his colleagues have told me the same thing and that it's annoying to keep having to tell me the same thing over and over again. 

Yet, the issue is what he said was completely untrue. Multiple of his colleagues have verified that there is an issue with my account. They were nice, apologized, and told me it would be fixed within 8 weeks (maximum time). And now this person is acting like that is untrue. 

I love Pinterest...well I used to love Pinterest. But dealing with all of this is just awful. I have never experienced talking to a support staff who acts like you are basically crazy and that there is nothing wrong. There is clearly something wrong with my account. 

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice If either of you could please help me, every time I talk to someone from Pinterest support I honestly just want to cry because they are all over the place. Especially after talking to this last person, who was so word removed per Community Guidelines and mean to me. My account has had basically zero reach since August 12th. I went from over 1 million impressions, to now 56 k impressions (and that number keeps going down), all of my fresh pins get practically zero impressions and almost all of my ranking pins have disappeared from search. I was getting hundreds of clicks per day and am now only getting a few clicks on a good day. I have put so much time and effort into building my Pinterest and it is heartbreaking to see what is happening to my account, even more so when people at Pinterest support try to point blame on me, by telling me it is my fault that my reach is down and that I need to create more fresh pins. 

4 Kudos