cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Just visiting
Labels (1)

Hello lovelies!😀

First of all, so glad to see this Business Community coming to life! Excited to see what future holds for all of us!

Now, onto the question! Has anyone experience a SUDDEN and SHARP drop in reach. I'm talking 70-80% in a day.

allnutritiousblog_0-1598437751021.png

And it keeps going down! Just in a day I disappeared of all search results for keywords that I have been ranking for.

The traffic is consistently down on all pins and all pages at a very similar percentage:

allnutritiousblog_1-1598437922667.png

And the pins

allnutritiousblog_2-1598437968494.png

Actually something like this has happened before and customer support has confirmed that I was caught by the spam filters accidentally. It then got fixed. Here is how it looked:

July 17:

allnutritiousblog_3-1598438126715.png

It took around a week to bounce right back up after I've been unflagged by the system. Now, I'm being told it's natural ebbs and flows:

allnutritiousblog_4-1598438190646.png

Now, has anyone experienced something similar to that? How did you bounce back? I publish new content consistenly and have been publishing more. I also upload videos but their reach has significantly dropped down too (by around the same percentage).

I have now stopped running ads because I feel like my reach is being limited by quite a bit. It doesn't seem to make sense to try to grow brand awareness.

I would love to go back up and continue growing with the community! I would highly appreciate if any of you have any advice!

Love and kisses!🌻

-Karo

21 Kudos
463 Replies
Highlighted
Just visiting

@thetoybuzz I also don't know how to win against all the spam and stolen pins. If we have to report each pin we will never get ahead cause these spammers use automation software and can keep generating and pinning hundreds of stolen pins a day. 

I think the tilting is only to make the pin "fresh" (i.e. so that it is slightly different from the original and counts as a new pin). 

Have you perhaps tried downloading those tilted pins and pinning them with your URL? They are your pins after all...

**** Follow my Pinterest page Mind Her Way for personal development and relationships tips and advice! ****

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

@Joinmyjourney Sorry to hear this is also now affecting your account. Unfortunately I don't know if it will be fixed any time soon. Some of us had this happen in May already and there is still no solution :(.

Two of my accounts also had all their pins disappeared from search in May and traffic and impressions has been abysmal ever since (one account went from consistently getting 4k clicks a day for years to now getting around 500 a day). Was told in May it would be fixed in 8 weeks but of course it hasn't been fixed, have also probably contacted support more than 20 times and still no solution

**** Follow my Pinterest page Mind Her Way for personal development and relationships tips and advice! ****

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

@Joinmyjourney 

I know my answer will not be helpful to you, but: Same! I've been saying that a lot since the 12th of August, but you're the first one that has exactly the same drop dates as me. I've been seeing the 11-12th of August date a lot, but not the second drop when the pins disapeared on 23rd.

I actually had to look twice who wrote this post, cause you sounds like me - same dates, same story, just with better English 🙂

Ebs and flows... yeah, for sure...  Support isn't even answering questions anymore, it is just escalated to internal team and wait. As I said like thousand times already I wish they would update us or put some sort of statement here on PBC...

I actually miss posting on Pinterest, it has been very sad month...

- Alesia Skye: @ScatteredQuotes & @Kontentsia (nothing there yet)
0 Kudos
Loves to help

Hey @allaboutbabyblog my pin stats are also glitching out too, and pin stats seem wonky for the past 3 days. They don't seem to be updating on all my pins and are just stuck. Are you seeing similar or other weird things right now?

I'm always so worried now whenever there are updates because of the flagging issue back in April!

- Charl

4 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

I am in the same boat. My traffic, audience , engagement, impressions... everything has dropped dramatically overnight. I have contacted support but no solution yet. It is very distressing as I, like so many of you, spend a lot of time and effort building my pinterest presence. Let's hope this gets fixed soon - I will let you all know if I hear anything from support. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

This must be very frustrating for you. You are in the company of many who saw their pin impressions drop. So far there have been no answers except to wait. There has been issues with stat reporting so you may actually be getting the impressions. Hopefully the tech team can get things back to where they were soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

@mindherway 

It would be a good experiment but I wouldn't do it. The thing we have to realize is that automation can be used to generate a lot of stolen pins and accounts but it leaves a footprint. This is how win. I've uncovered an easy way to bring up all these spam accounts in google. Simply type site:pinterest.com inurl:myworld.

@curling_diva @Kontentsia 

I know you have had success with removing spam accounts. I was wondering if you could email Pinterest support to go through those spam accounts with the myworld boards and remove the spam ones. Tell them to type: site:pinterest.com inurl:myworld in Google. Let them know they link to spam sites and tilt their images. I'll do it myself but I' not expecting a response. Also if others in this thread want to do it as well feel free to. We can only get through this working together.

@PinterestGabby @PinterestRyan  @PinterestBrad 

If Pinterest is actually listening, start with the spammers with a myWorld board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

@ScribblesTM  We've been hearing many people have troubles with a drop in traffic and impressions within Pinterest. I would encourage you to add your voice to this specific conversation https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/support-and-questions/mega-topic-sudden-decrease-around-70-in-rea...

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

I've experienced the same issue since early August and have been waiting the improvement buy seems like nothing will change . I emailed the supporting but all I got the same answers over and over which weren't help my anxiety go away. My monthly views have dropped drastically 70% from 1.2m to 300k now within 2 months and it's continuing dropping. My pin's impression has dropped from 3k to 100 views. It's so stressful!!!!! @PinterestGabby can you help and take a look at my ticket ????My ticket is #221564

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

Hi @typicallytopical - my stats are all over the place too and my traffic went down a bit but not too bad...I think we all just have to wait and see what happens xD

2 Kudos