cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Just visiting
Labels (1)

Hello lovelies!😀

First of all, so glad to see this Business Community coming to life! Excited to see what future holds for all of us!

Now, onto the question! Has anyone experience a SUDDEN and SHARP drop in reach. I'm talking 70-80% in a day.

allnutritiousblog_0-1598437751021.png

And it keeps going down! Just in a day I disappeared of all search results for keywords that I have been ranking for.

The traffic is consistently down on all pins and all pages at a very similar percentage:

allnutritiousblog_1-1598437922667.png

And the pins

allnutritiousblog_2-1598437968494.png

Actually something like this has happened before and customer support has confirmed that I was caught by the spam filters accidentally. It then got fixed. Here is how it looked:

July 17:

allnutritiousblog_3-1598438126715.png

It took around a week to bounce right back up after I've been unflagged by the system. Now, I'm being told it's natural ebbs and flows:

allnutritiousblog_4-1598438190646.png

Now, has anyone experienced something similar to that? How did you bounce back? I publish new content consistenly and have been publishing more. I also upload videos but their reach has significantly dropped down too (by around the same percentage).

I have now stopped running ads because I feel like my reach is being limited by quite a bit. It doesn't seem to make sense to try to grow brand awareness.

I would love to go back up and continue growing with the community! I would highly appreciate if any of you have any advice!

Love and kisses!🌻

-Karo

21 Kudos
463 Replies
Highlighted
Posts regularly

@curling_diva 

Thanks. If I have to hunt down every stolen pin on Pinterest to rank again, I'll do it. I refuse to give up.

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

My site back in search for another search term after disappearing for 4 months after taking massive massive action of reporting stolen pins. I spent the entire month of September reporting stolen pins with no results day after day, so I can't tell you how elated I feel.

It's so discouraging when you spend hours and hours reporting stolen pins only to see more and more appearing in search.   I won't be able to recover all my traffic, but there is hope that I can get at least some traffic. I have so much more work to do.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

I have a sudden extremely dramatic engagement drop from around 10k videos views to literally zero...I’m not sure what is going on, can anyone give any tips? Or any advise if anyone has experienced this? I took about a two week break from posting so not sure if that caused this issue? 

4 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

@bepzillar I believe Pinterest is rolling out a big update right now and therefore very wonky. 

You can always email them tho to see if there is a problem with your account 🙂

2 Kudos
Highlighted

We are consistent in posting 8-10 fresh pins daily and got thousands of views but this September we only got not more than 100 views per pin and often got 2-5 views. @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice. Can you tell if our account is blocked by Pinterest or marked as spam? This is really frustrating as our impressions decreased to 80% especially the saves and clicks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting
I have been having so many issues with Pinterest the last month and a half. I've been mistakenly marked as spam by the over-aggressive spam filter issue. I've reached out to Pinterest Support various times and they have confirmed that my account was mistakenly flagged as spam. However, they have only given me generic replies, and each time I speak to someone they say it will be 8 weeks to fix. 

This issue started on August 12th, and I'm getting very anxious to get this sorted out. No one at Pinterest Support is even giving me a timeline or any updates on if my account is being worked on. So at this point, I feel that they just pushed it aside.

I understand that this is a huge issue that has affected a lot of accounts. But getting this fixed is so important to me, I have basically been a wreck for the last 6 weeks trying to get into contact with someone. 

I know that there was a new algorithm change early in the summer, and my account was doing great with that new changes actually. I was creating tons of new fresh pins each day. My impressions raised to over 1 million and I was getting hundreds of clicks to my blog per day. 

Then, as of August 12th, my fresh pins started receiving barely any impressions. It seemed that only people who were actively looking at my profile could see any of my pins I was putting out. 

Then, as of August 23rd, almost ALL my pins disappeared from search. This meant that all of my previously ranking pins were no longer there. (it seems like maybe a couple of my new pins are on search but all the other ones are gone).

So, in a month I have gone from 1 million impressions and hundreds of clicks per day to 100 thousand impressions and only a handful of clicks per day. 

This has been such a stressful month dealing with this. And I am hoping I can get my account fixed soon so that I can begin using Pinterest regularly again and get my blog traffic and income back. 
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

I can see that the changes can be very stressful. Some of the fundamental updates are not known by support so their response is to wait. While this does not solve your issue, it explains why you have gotten no where with support. If you read the forum, you will see you are not alone, such as the member who lost 32 million repins. If Pinterest is to continue serving it's members, it will have to address these issues. I would have to assume that the changes are a means to an end with an improved outcome. Maybe someone here can provide reassurance to business account holders.

0 Kudos
Loves to help

Things are getting shaken up. Hopefully as they settle down, Pinterest will be able to provide guidelines for improving your visibility. Many members have expressed similar changes (I lost 3M monthly impressions and 46K repins overnight).

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

So here's another update after removing more spam pins. My site has now disappeared from the search term I mentioned above. Oddly, it is now replaced by what looks like the exact same stolen pin that I reported. I actually thought it was the same but I noticed that it had a different Pin ID and was pinned by a different user.

Now I'm not sure if filing a DMCA claim is going to do anything unless Pinterest starts taking down the accounts that are generating the spam. It's shortlived and an endless cycle. 

I think you have to find the originator. I tracked this particular pin to it's originator. It's actually very hard to find the originator. We have to figure a way to get from a leaf to the root. If anybody knows a technique how let me know because a lot of these stolen accounts link to facebook, amazon, pinterest, ebay, target, etsy, and blogspot. This one actually linked to a spam website so I simply used google like this: site:pinterest.com [name of spam site]

I call this the mothership because it is the root in the tree. Taking down the leaves with DMCA claims isn't going to be a good use of your time. You know you have found the mothership when you see a huge reach. 

An interesting thing about a lot of these spam accounts is that they seem to have the same pattern. Notice how this account has the Myworld board. Every single one of their pins links to the same spam site. 

I'm not sure what the point of the tilting is but can a simple tweak like that make the pin better than the original? I don't know the answer to that. All I know is that Pinterest loves that pin more than the original and this spammer has stolen pins from everybody and tilts every single one of them.

The problem is that there is no way to mass report spam accounts to Pinterest. I really wish there was a way to remove every image except the original but Pinterest gives us no such option. If anybody figures an efficient way to mass remove spam accounts please let me know. I have had no such luck.

0 Kudos