cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Loves to help

Hi Diana,

I can imagine your frustration. From personal observation, I have seen many changes, although I still receive 2M impressions and 10,000 repins a month. There are several new things in the works such as story pins which are changing the allocation of impressions. Advertisers also get priority of impressions, leaving less impressions for free. Your best strategy would be to drive activity from the outside rather than make changes to your Pinterest pins, profile, etc hoping to get Pinterest to increase their resource allocate to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

From personal experience, it you are reporting spam pins on your own group boards, you are only hurting yourself. It is better to delete the pins and ban the posters. If these are pins at large, continue to report them for the quality of Pinterest.

In the bigger picture, reporting pins and your impressions are probably not related. Pin impressions are dropping overall. The new Pinterest structure in which all your pins are consolidated in the first field of your account before your boards, as well as other changes, has altered the search algorithm and diluted the impact of new pins.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

After four months, there is finally a sliver of hope on my account. Recently, I've been aggressively reporting stolen pins that are linking to spam sites/affiliates. I think I reported about ~1000. It actually took a couple of days for the spam to be removed due to the sheer volume. Each time I reported them, more spam would take their place. It seemed endless. I just kept reporting it over and over again.

Now . . . you can see my site is now appearing on the search term I showed above. For me this is amazing because my site has never appeared in search on that term for four months.  No, it's not a fresh pin. It's an old pin that hasn't been spammed the heck out of. Has this happened for anybody else?

I know it could be short-lived because spammers just have to repeat the same thing over but for me this experiment established a clear connection between stolen pins and my site not appearing in search.

@PinterestBrad @PinterestGabby   @PinterestRyan
How can we report entire spam accounts? I've tried emailing support using report spammy pinterest account but I am told to file DMCA claims.

That is a terribly inefficient way to report accounts full of stolen pins getting tons of views. These accounts aren't taken down after filing DMCA claims so they can just generate more spam. There needs to be a better way to fight back because the amount of spam that is ranking in browse and search is just ridiculous.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@thetoybuzz 

This is what I do to report spam accounts:

1. Report policy violation > A Spammy account

2. They email back to say that I should file a DMCA complaint

3. I email back to say "this is not a DMCA complaint. I've already done it (insert confirmation # here). This is a complaint regarding a spammy account. Please read my original message again"

Two days later, the spammy account is removed.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Yes, same happened with me some time ago my pins were 150 per day and unique viewers was 5k in a day topic was my website post pins about basketball which has no any pins daily or monthly what should i do the post of the website were https://outdoorbasketballguide.com/ 😓

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@curling_diva 

Thanks. If I have to hunt down every stolen pin on Pinterest to rank again, I'll do it. I refuse to give up.

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

My site back in search for another search term after disappearing for 4 months after taking massive massive action of reporting stolen pins. I spent the entire month of September reporting stolen pins with no results day after day, so I can't tell you how elated I feel.

It's so discouraging when you spend hours and hours reporting stolen pins only to see more and more appearing in search.   I won't be able to recover all my traffic, but there is hope that I can get at least some traffic. I have so much more work to do.

2 Kudos
Highlighted

We are consistent in posting 8-10 fresh pins daily and got thousands of views but this September we only got not more than 100 views per pin and often got 2-5 views. @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice. Can you tell if our account is blocked by Pinterest or marked as spam? This is really frustrating as our impressions decreased to 80% especially the saves and clicks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting
I have been having so many issues with Pinterest the last month and a half. I've been mistakenly marked as spam by the over-aggressive spam filter issue. I've reached out to Pinterest Support various times and they have confirmed that my account was mistakenly flagged as spam. However, they have only given me generic replies, and each time I speak to someone they say it will be 8 weeks to fix. 

This issue started on August 12th, and I'm getting very anxious to get this sorted out. No one at Pinterest Support is even giving me a timeline or any updates on if my account is being worked on. So at this point, I feel that they just pushed it aside.

I understand that this is a huge issue that has affected a lot of accounts. But getting this fixed is so important to me, I have basically been a wreck for the last 6 weeks trying to get into contact with someone. 

I know that there was a new algorithm change early in the summer, and my account was doing great with that new changes actually. I was creating tons of new fresh pins each day. My impressions raised to over 1 million and I was getting hundreds of clicks to my blog per day. 

Then, as of August 12th, my fresh pins started receiving barely any impressions. It seemed that only people who were actively looking at my profile could see any of my pins I was putting out. 

Then, as of August 23rd, almost ALL my pins disappeared from search. This meant that all of my previously ranking pins were no longer there. (it seems like maybe a couple of my new pins are on search but all the other ones are gone).

So, in a month I have gone from 1 million impressions and hundreds of clicks per day to 100 thousand impressions and only a handful of clicks per day. 

This has been such a stressful month dealing with this. And I am hoping I can get my account fixed soon so that I can begin using Pinterest regularly again and get my blog traffic and income back. 
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting
0 Kudos