cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Just visiting

I'm convinced this drop of traffic is related to spammers taking advantage of Pinterest. Also I have finding a lot of my images in search not linking to my domain but i.pinimg. I have tried removing the spam posts that are ranking and more and more keep filling search.   Here are just a few of the spam accounts that I found that are stealing my pins and link to spam sites/affiliates. 

4 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

Hey charlotte,

I would not be able to solve my problem if not for your coaching.

I've been handled by one complacent agent after another.

The moment you stepped in and helped, I knew exactly what to say, be contextual and tell them that they should really fix the account on their end!

I can't thank you enough!

Have a blessed week!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Loves to help

@imfierceafter40 Aw thank you! Glad I was able to help and that the Pinterest team found the issue for you. After an account flag your engagement might take a few weeks to return to normal, but if you keep pinning daily, you should see that steady improvement like I did after having the accidental spam flag lifted 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@thetoybuzz

I'm thinking it might be the spammer issue too. As I wrote before I tried to get them reported, but there is just so many of them...

I wrote to support again asking if the spammers are to blame, and gave them more information on the situation. But none of my questions were answered... I again got a message saying it was escalated already and that I'm not the only one facing this issue... I just wish they would tell us something, update us on what is the problem and if it is avoidable with other accounts that weren't hit yet...

pinterest-email2.PNG

By the way you can send a list of urls of those profiles through support to get them suspended. On the contact page - report a policy violation - report spam. For me the spammers were gone in 3 days. But as I said, just another ones took their place in the search, so that would be an endless fight to keep looking for them and reporting...

- Alesia Skye: @ScatteredQuotes & @Kontentsia (nothing there yet)
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

I am so frustrated of being told by support that everything looks "normal" so I thought I would post what I am seeing in search here.  My site has been replaced in search by spam sites using stolen pins on every keyword that I was ranking for. 

Every time I file a DMCA claim these stolen pins are replaced with more stolen pins. I think I have reported over 1000 pins. Pinterest support doesn't reply when reporting entire spam accounts.

@PinterestBrad @PinterestGabby   @PinterestRyan
What's the best way to tackle this spam problem?

2 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey 👋  I have  a problem  😅 I have zero  or small  amount of engagement  I don't  now know  what  I'm doing  rong I'm starting  my jewlrybybeads  business  it was at first ok bate but  in slow months  irate ziro trfik or low 

Please help me identify 🙏 now water im dong rong 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@curling_diva 

Hello I was just checking your account and made an amazing discovery. I searched for a keyword on your account and I found pins with the same offset and rotation as my account. I'm not sure if it your account but it is spam using a redirect to a spam site.

This makes me thing that this is some type of organized spam ring infiltrating certain Pinterest accounts and killing all their traffic. 

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@thetoybuzz 

Oh wow, that's new. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

As expected after deleting all the spam, more has entered search.

Also here are couples examples of the new spam.  These stolen pins have a pattern- they link to a large brand like facebook, amazon, ebay, and blogspot, etc. Some use a redirect to a spam site or go straight to spam site. Some of pins just link to i.pinimg. I find this one sort of weird because it occurs very frequently. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

KCAEICtheblog_0-1601111548530.png

My account is a tiddler, but these are my pins uploaded over the past week (plus a few per day repins of others via tailwind) - getting single digit impressions, is this expected? - 9 so far for the blueberry ice cream posted last weekend.

0 Kudos