cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Posts regularly

Hey charlotte,

I would not be able to solve my problem if not for your coaching.

I've been handled by one complacent agent after another.

The moment you stepped in and helped, I knew exactly what to say, be contextual and tell them that they should really fix the account on their end!

I can't thank you enough!

Have a blessed week!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Loves to help

@imfierceafter40 Aw thank you! Glad I was able to help and that the Pinterest team found the issue for you. After an account flag your engagement might take a few weeks to return to normal, but if you keep pinning daily, you should see that steady improvement like I did after having the accidental spam flag lifted 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@thetoybuzz

I'm thinking it might be the spammer issue too. As I wrote before I tried to get them reported, but there is just so many of them...

I wrote to support again asking if the spammers are to blame, and gave them more information on the situation. But none of my questions were answered... I again got a message saying it was escalated already and that I'm not the only one facing this issue... I just wish they would tell us something, update us on what is the problem and if it is avoidable with other accounts that weren't hit yet...

pinterest-email2.PNG

By the way you can send a list of urls of those profiles through support to get them suspended. On the contact page - report a policy violation - report spam. For me the spammers were gone in 3 days. But as I said, just another ones took their place in the search, so that would be an endless fight to keep looking for them and reporting...

- Alesia Skye: @ScatteredQuotes & @Kontentsia (nothing there yet)
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

I am so frustrated of being told by support that everything looks "normal" so I thought I would post what I am seeing in search here.  My site has been replaced in search by spam sites using stolen pins on every keyword that I was ranking for. 

Every time I file a DMCA claim these stolen pins are replaced with more stolen pins. I think I have reported over 1000 pins. Pinterest support doesn't reply when reporting entire spam accounts.

@PinterestBrad @PinterestGabby   @PinterestRyan
What's the best way to tackle this spam problem?

2 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey 👋  I have  a problem  😅 I have zero  or small  amount of engagement  I don't  now know  what  I'm doing  rong I'm starting  my jewlrybybeads  business  it was at first ok bate but  in slow months  irate ziro trfik or low 

Please help me identify 🙏 now water im dong rong 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

@curling_diva 

Hello I was just checking your account and made an amazing discovery. I searched for a keyword on your account and I found pins with the same offset and rotation as my account. I'm not sure if it your account but it is spam using a redirect to a spam site.

This makes me thing that this is some type of organized spam ring infiltrating certain Pinterest accounts and killing all their traffic. 

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@thetoybuzz 

Oh wow, that's new. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Posts regularly

As expected after deleting all the spam, more has entered search.

Also here are couples examples of the new spam.  These stolen pins have a pattern- they link to a large brand like facebook, amazon, ebay, and blogspot, etc. Some use a redirect to a spam site or go straight to spam site. Some of pins just link to i.pinimg. I find this one sort of weird because it occurs very frequently. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

KCAEICtheblog_0-1601111548530.png

My account is a tiddler, but these are my pins uploaded over the past week (plus a few per day repins of others via tailwind) - getting single digit impressions, is this expected? - 9 so far for the blueberry ice cream posted last weekend.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

Hi Diana,

I can imagine your frustration. From personal observation, I have seen many changes, although I still receive 2M impressions and 10,000 repins a month. There are several new things in the works such as story pins which are changing the allocation of impressions. Advertisers also get priority of impressions, leaving less impressions for free. Your best strategy would be to drive activity from the outside rather than make changes to your Pinterest pins, profile, etc hoping to get Pinterest to increase their resource allocate to you.

0 Kudos