cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

egruening
Just visiting

I'm going to cry and I'm ready to figure out how to go public with all my issues (time to scream from the mountain top).

I reached out to Pinterest support again on Saturday with a NEW issue of my saves not showing in the Pin stats and also expressed that I did not want a canned response and told them about all my other issues I still have (i'm still dropping from my 2 million monthly views to 860K and dropping as I type this and almost no views on current content. Old content which is not the best content is getting views these days which is very strange). Anyways my reponse from Pinterest Lisa (and I quote).."THANKS FOR WRITING IN! APOLOGIZE FOR THE TROUBLE" and then nothing. Zip, Zero, NO response what so ever after that! Joe that I was dealing with last week told me he understood my concerns and issues and had a team looking into it, has also dropped off the face of the earth and refuses to respond to me. 

How is this even allowed? If I dealt with my customers the way Pinterest has dealt with us, I would be fired.

Now due to all these issues, my Pinterest Marketing Business is suffering and this is due to me not wanting to sign new clients up to a platform that treats there customers this way (and I have purchased advertising in the past, so I'm a paying customer). I have lost faith that Pinterest is the amazing platform I thought it was. 

I can't even seem to get a response from the Pinterest business community managers on here. They respond to everyone else but I can't even get a thumbs up by one of them that they have seen my concerns and issues. 

I am at a brick wall and I don't know what to do. While it's oddly comforting to know I'm not alone, it's also scary to know nobody is getting anything resolved.

0 Kudos
curling_diva
Just visiting

@typicallytopical 

Thanks for chiming in. 

However, a lot of us here (those that experienced traffic drops recently) has contacted Pinterest already and was told that our accounts and domains were not flagged for spam or anything. Even though from the analytics standpoint, it's evident that it is. 

In my case, pin impressions for pins that linked to my website dropped from 60K on September 3 down to a measly 4K starting September 16.

But impressions for "other pins" (not linking to my "claimed account") remained stable.Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 8.40.19 PM.png

@egruening 

Same experience here, I've been told that they'll forward my issue to the relevant team, but I haven't heard back from them since last week. I sent another email again today. If I don't hear back, I'll probably open another ticket.

1 Kudo
egruening
Just visiting

@curling_diva Good luck! I truly hope someone gets an answer and help. Fingers crossed for you! 

1 Kudo
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

@egruening 

It's easy to see how this sense of hopelessness can lead to deep, deep depression. I'm not giving up.  I had the exact same experience. I've lost thousands of views and was reduced to rubble overnight. Spammers had stolen my pins and created thousands of pins, hundreds that are ranking in search.

I created a very detailed report about everything with screenshots and clear proof something was amiss with spam pins ranking everywhere.

I talked to somebody named Joe and at first he gave me a very generic response about ebbs and flows. I'm sure he didn't even look at the attachment I sent in. I then put my ticket information in a post on this forum. Suddenly, he came back with a different response.

I asked for clarification and he said he would forward my response to the team. A few days later I asked for a follow up and instead heard back from another team member. Here is the response:

"I understand your concern but I would like to assure you that everything looks normal also our team is working continually to improve the performance. "

A simple search would clearly show that things were not "normal." After months of listening to every excuse, I have given up on support.

How does a complete spam account that has stolen my pins and links to garbage have millions of views? Is this normal?

How about this one?

Sadly, until Pinterest fixes this, you have to start over.  Every previous pin that was ranking and spammed to death is dead.

2 Kudos
breakfastbusynesscom
Just visiting

Hello, I'm Sara form Italy.

I'm having a serious traffic drop (from 600 click/day to 50) since friday, 18 September.
My pins, all brand new fresh content from my verified site, are receiving 5 or 6 impression, no one more.

I've already contacted Pinterest Italia and they answered me that this is  because people's interests may vary during the year. Now, I don't think that in 24 hours no one in Italy is not interested anymore in my site... it is a little bit a strange answer. Write again, same answer again.

I've put all my effort in building ad audience in Pinterest and I'm loosing so much money from this.

I'm just ankling for someone caring about my situation, as I'm feeling very lonely and frustrated.

Thank you!

3 Kudos
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

I'm convinced this drop of traffic is related to spammers taking advantage of Pinterest. Also I have finding a lot of my images in search not linking to my domain but i.pinimg. I have tried removing the spam posts that are ranking and more and more keep filling search.   Here are just a few of the spam accounts that I found that are stealing my pins and link to spam sites/affiliates. 

4 Kudos
imfierceafter40
Posts regularly

Hey charlotte,

I would not be able to solve my problem if not for your coaching.

I've been handled by one complacent agent after another.

The moment you stepped in and helped, I knew exactly what to say, be contextual and tell them that they should really fix the account on their end!

I can't thank you enough!

Have a blessed week!

1 Kudo
typicallytopical
Loves to help

@imfierceafter40 Aw thank you! Glad I was able to help and that the Pinterest team found the issue for you. After an account flag your engagement might take a few weeks to return to normal, but if you keep pinning daily, you should see that steady improvement like I did after having the accidental spam flag lifted 🙂

0 Kudos
Kontentsia
Posts regularly

@thetoybuzz

I'm thinking it might be the spammer issue too. As I wrote before I tried to get them reported, but there is just so many of them...

I wrote to support again asking if the spammers are to blame, and gave them more information on the situation. But none of my questions were answered... I again got a message saying it was escalated already and that I'm not the only one facing this issue... I just wish they would tell us something, update us on what is the problem and if it is avoidable with other accounts that weren't hit yet...

pinterest-email2.PNG

By the way you can send a list of urls of those profiles through support to get them suspended. On the contact page - report a policy violation - report spam. For me the spammers were gone in 3 days. But as I said, just another ones took their place in the search, so that would be an endless fight to keep looking for them and reporting...

- Alesia Skye: @ScatteredQuotes & @Kontentsia
2 Kudos
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

I am so frustrated of being told by support that everything looks "normal" so I thought I would post what I am seeing in search here.  My site has been replaced in search by spam sites using stolen pins on every keyword that I was ranking for. 

Every time I file a DMCA claim these stolen pins are replaced with more stolen pins. I think I have reported over 1000 pins. Pinterest support doesn't reply when reporting entire spam accounts.

@PinterestBrad @PinterestGabby   @PinterestRyan
What's the best way to tackle this spam problem?

2 Kudos