cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Just visiting

I got a canned response from tech support. "Your Pins and boards are not guaranteed to show in search results — we only yield certain results based on our algorithm. Since there are millions of people on Pinterest, it’s not possible for everyone’s ideas and content to show in search."

This may be true (although given how well my pins ranked for my search terms in pinterest search results and then simply, almost instantly, didn't ... it seems unusual enough to suspect flags/bugs and to not return, in search results at all, my result for "Tangelo creamsicles" when there are only a handfull of fully relevent pins returned, doesn't seem like fantastic search to me as user...  just saying)...,

If this is the 'new' pinterest algorithm, despite fresh content, with fresh pins, then the investment in time creating pins simply isn't worth it as a content creator looking to get new eyes to the website and time would be better spent on other platforms and SEO.

I've followed a tip seen here and elsewhere on the internet and unclaimed the site, will reclaim in a few days and see if this changes my experience.

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

I constantly have the same problem and when I send a detailed message they respond as if I’m speaking a foreign language. Yesterday one of my new video pins view count grew from around 350 views to 1.7K Was pretty excited about this.  Last night at 8 PM central I touched my pin to view “more stats“ and all of a sudden the view count number went down to 901. I have an iPad and an iPhone. I had been using my iPad and I couldn’t believe it. That’s a loss of 800 views! Then I looked at my iPhone and it still was showing 1.7K views. Decided not to touch the stats button on iPhone last night to see what happens. Woke up this morning and now both iPhone and iPad show reset downward to 901 views. How does this happen? Is it a Pinterest bot messing around with my views deliberately?  People have told me “don’t worry in a few hours or a few days Pinterest Analytics correct themselves” well it’s never happened for me. Many of my pins have all lost views instantly when I touch the stat button and it’s like turning back mileage on an odometer. I want to know who’s doing it? Losing 800 views is a massive deflation for me.

I wanted to also explain my previous experience because I don’t understand why this happens to me. The very first day I uploaded video pins, let’s say my first three, my view counts grew in the thousands. Of course I was very excited. The next morning I checked my board and saw my first 3 pins had gone down to 1 view count with just one save each. It was like that for a week. I sent messages back-and-forth with Pinterest and they finally corrected the count. One pin had 2K that first day. A second pin had 2.5K and the third one had near 1K. But those 3 pins haven’t budged since. During that week, a month ago,  were they not on visible on Pinterest? Did nobody view them at all?  I would think that the count should have increased since they were so popular the first few hours I posted them. This kind of thing has happened to me over and over again. Another pin I posted a few days ago went crazy with notifications of saves and likes all in the first 2 hours. But I noticed the view count still sat at 4 for several days. This makes no sense.  Now it’s slowly ticking up a week later but it’s only around 300 views. Those first two hours I probably received 50+ notifications of saves and likes. So it’s impossible to only have a view of 4 so I don’t believe it’s accurate. Please tell me if anyone else is going through this?

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi,

Okay, so I wrote in here before, but basically I started a blog a few months ago and I also have a seperate photography account I have had for a while. I recently heard all this buzz about how Pinterest is the best for marketing. So, I watched  a TON of videos on strategies and even bought a course. I have been using tailwind to implement those strategies. 

I have boards, all SEO'd up. I am following people, I pin my own stuff and others stuff. 

The only thing I can think of is this one pinterest guru lady on youtube said you can pin the same pin on up to 10 different boards with at least 2 days inbetween. In order to maximize the reach of each pin I was doing that, and CRICKETS. 

So I stopped using tailwind and started organically pinning fresh pins ONLY ONCE for about a week and still no difference. I don't know if a week is long enough to see some sort of difference in distribution but I got panicked and stopped pinning. It's so stressful now with all pins needing to be fresh. I feel like I am wasting all this content. Especially the photos on my photography account.

I have emailed multiple times for both accounts to see if I have been marked as spam or banned and always gotten a resounding NO. 

So, my questions if any of you would be so kind as to help:

Does pinterest just suck now after the new algorithm fresh pin change?

What am I doing wrong?

Does anyone who has a good ammount of impressions and clicks want to weigh in on a good strategy since I am clearly not hitting the mark?

I know there was a huge drop in a lot of peoples traffic a few months ago, is that still on going? 

Thanks to anyone willing to help a girl out.

Signed,

Really sad I am wasting all my fresh pins. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

I'm curious has anybody that contacted support got any resolution. My pins continue to not appear in search.

@KCAEICtheblog 

I have contacted support and showed them that stolen pins from my account are ranking high in search but my site is not. They said that everything looks "normal."

"I've followed a tip seen here and elsewhere on the internet and unclaimed the site, will reclaim in a few days and see if this changes my experience."

Has this worked for somebody?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, update on what the PBC team is doing to escalate reports for you all. We've been working to create documentation of the reports, statements, and images shared so far in the master topic. We have been sharing this information regularly with internal teams. Please know we are 100% here for you and appreciate how frustrating this experience has been. We will continue to be your voice inside Pinterest until we have clear answers to provide.

5 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

After 5 months, finally someone begins to understand 🙂 Hallelujah!

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Thanks for this acknowledgment @PinterestJanice.

3 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue. For quite some time, I had been getting between 150k and 200k daily impressions from Pinterest. But since March, things went downhill and have been at their worst since June 12th.

Now, I'm down to only 6k daily impressions. It's as if all my Pins got comletely blocked and are not being shown to anyone. I now have only 170k monthly viewers when I used to have between 2M and 3M.

I have opened a support ticket and asked if my Page had been blocked, but they replied that everything was normal and no penalty was in place.

This whole situation is very unfortunate and I sincerely hope Pinterest will address the issue.

@PinterestJanice, please add my report to the others.

Thanks.

Edit: I opened a new Ticket (214892).

Untitled-2.jpg

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@PinterestJanice Please add my report to the others.

Like others my traffic has fallen off a cliff. I used to get between 100K to 190K daily impressions. It's now around 10K to 20K daily impressions. My site no longer appears in search and has been replace by spam sites using my pins. Support assures me that everything looks "normal."

Support has instructed me to increase my daily pins, but my site continues not to appear in searches.

Thanks!

Pinterest drop 9-15-2020.jpg

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

@PinterestJanice @PinterestGabby 

Please count me in, as I have a similar problem.

My traffic dropped so suddenly today (90+% decrease in website visits from Pinterest). 

Here's my Clicky analytics screenshot. This is definitely NOT just normal ebb and flow of traffic.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 6.46.35 PM.png

I sent in a ticket via the link which @PinterestGabby posted. Ticket # 214581

I suspect that my account may have been erroneously flagged as spam. I have several unique pins (with my brand logo and/or URL on the pins) which have been hijacked by spammers, linking to eBay and Amazon.

Hoping you can help!

2 Kudos