cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

egruening
Just visiting

@kalungigroup I'm exactly the same as you. I do Pinterest Marketing for a living and I'm currently on the verge on shutting down my website as I don't believe in it's power anymore. I think it's even harder on people like us because this is our world and when we can't fix it, it frustrates us even more. I have a case study I did for my business, that praises how I made Pinterest work. WELL..those stats no longer are correct as I have dropped way past and still going 😞 

I did get a response from some robot at Pinterest support and his reponse was "Try Promoted Pins". BINGO! They are going to penalize those who don't have giant budgets to promote promote promote (which is me, I'm just a one person show). I have used it and it's good for 1 pin but I can't pay to promote every pin I drop onto the platform. When I came back with "that is not acceptable" and then repeated my multiple issues (like how come I don't show up in searches for my keywords but people who don't even write descriptions and have crummy content do???), I got "I'm having someone else look at this". Which is code for "I don't care and will just ignore you". Sigh...

While this is group is helpful to see I'm not alone, I am still stressed out. This is also a perfect case study on how to go from being the darling of the internet world with business users to the most hated in a few short months (bad customer service, community managers are not able to help, forcing to pay to see any results etc.). I can see it being taught in business schools in the future.

Anyways I hope your issue gets fixed, my issue and everyone else's issue before we all decide to leave. Fingers Crossed! 

1 Kudo
egruening
Just visiting

@SideGains I'm seeing almost NO action on pins that drive to my website (when my content even gets shown). I can post something that goes to another website and it gets better results (so instead of 5 impressions, it's get 15). 3 months ago these stats were very very positive and now it the exact opposite. This is frustrating and once again makes me wonder what Pinterest has done in the backend to penalize so many business users. 

You are not alone! And Paid Pins cannot be the solution (who has a budget to promote every pin you have pointing to your webisite? I know I don't!). 

I hope this gets resolved very soon.

1 Kudo
tootsweet4two
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby, I just submitted a ticket. I believe some of my pins have been flagged as spam by mistake OR my entire account has been flagged or blocked, resulting in a very drastic drop in traffic.

My Pinterest used to receive 1.0M-1.7M monthly viewers and it has dropped steadily to 290K monthly viewers. The drop in monthly viewers and impressions started in April/May and the Pinterest traffic to my website started dropping significantly overnight around April 30, 2020.

Since then, sessions from Pinterest have been down around 70-90%.

I hope I can recover from this because Pinterest used to drive a LOT of traffic to my website.

Please help!

Sincerely,
Carole (Ticket #213842)

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 3.08.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-14 at 3.06.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-14 at 3.06.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-14 at 3.04.23 PM.png

2 Kudos
KCAEICtheblog
Just visiting

I got a canned response from tech support. "Your Pins and boards are not guaranteed to show in search results — we only yield certain results based on our algorithm. Since there are millions of people on Pinterest, it’s not possible for everyone’s ideas and content to show in search."

This may be true (although given how well my pins ranked for my search terms in pinterest search results and then simply, almost instantly, didn't ... it seems unusual enough to suspect flags/bugs and to not return, in search results at all, my result for "Tangelo creamsicles" when there are only a handfull of fully relevent pins returned, doesn't seem like fantastic search to me as user...  just saying)...,

If this is the 'new' pinterest algorithm, despite fresh content, with fresh pins, then the investment in time creating pins simply isn't worth it as a content creator looking to get new eyes to the website and time would be better spent on other platforms and SEO.

I've followed a tip seen here and elsewhere on the internet and unclaimed the site, will reclaim in a few days and see if this changes my experience.

3 Kudos
Pixietwin1
Posts regularly

I constantly have the same problem and when I send a detailed message they respond as if I’m speaking a foreign language. Yesterday one of my new video pins view count grew from around 350 views to 1.7K Was pretty excited about this.  Last night at 8 PM central I touched my pin to view “more stats“ and all of a sudden the view count number went down to 901. I have an iPad and an iPhone. I had been using my iPad and I couldn’t believe it. That’s a loss of 800 views! Then I looked at my iPhone and it still was showing 1.7K views. Decided not to touch the stats button on iPhone last night to see what happens. Woke up this morning and now both iPhone and iPad show reset downward to 901 views. How does this happen? Is it a Pinterest bot messing around with my views deliberately?  People have told me “don’t worry in a few hours or a few days Pinterest Analytics correct themselves” well it’s never happened for me. Many of my pins have all lost views instantly when I touch the stat button and it’s like turning back mileage on an odometer. I want to know who’s doing it? Losing 800 views is a massive deflation for me.

I wanted to also explain my previous experience because I don’t understand why this happens to me. The very first day I uploaded video pins, let’s say my first three, my view counts grew in the thousands. Of course I was very excited. The next morning I checked my board and saw my first 3 pins had gone down to 1 view count with just one save each. It was like that for a week. I sent messages back-and-forth with Pinterest and they finally corrected the count. One pin had 2K that first day. A second pin had 2.5K and the third one had near 1K. But those 3 pins haven’t budged since. During that week, a month ago,  were they not on visible on Pinterest? Did nobody view them at all?  I would think that the count should have increased since they were so popular the first few hours I posted them. This kind of thing has happened to me over and over again. Another pin I posted a few days ago went crazy with notifications of saves and likes all in the first 2 hours. But I noticed the view count still sat at 4 for several days. This makes no sense.  Now it’s slowly ticking up a week later but it’s only around 300 views. Those first two hours I probably received 50+ notifications of saves and likes. So it’s impossible to only have a view of 4 so I don’t believe it’s accurate. Please tell me if anyone else is going through this?

2 Kudos
healthfullywhole
Just visiting

Hi,

Okay, so I wrote in here before, but basically I started a blog a few months ago and I also have a seperate photography account I have had for a while. I recently heard all this buzz about how Pinterest is the best for marketing. So, I watched  a TON of videos on strategies and even bought a course. I have been using tailwind to implement those strategies. 

I have boards, all SEO'd up. I am following people, I pin my own stuff and others stuff. 

The only thing I can think of is this one pinterest guru lady on youtube said you can pin the same pin on up to 10 different boards with at least 2 days inbetween. In order to maximize the reach of each pin I was doing that, and CRICKETS. 

So I stopped using tailwind and started organically pinning fresh pins ONLY ONCE for about a week and still no difference. I don't know if a week is long enough to see some sort of difference in distribution but I got panicked and stopped pinning. It's so stressful now with all pins needing to be fresh. I feel like I am wasting all this content. Especially the photos on my photography account.

I have emailed multiple times for both accounts to see if I have been marked as spam or banned and always gotten a resounding NO. 

So, my questions if any of you would be so kind as to help:

Does pinterest just suck now after the new algorithm fresh pin change?

What am I doing wrong?

Does anyone who has a good ammount of impressions and clicks want to weigh in on a good strategy since I am clearly not hitting the mark?

I know there was a huge drop in a lot of peoples traffic a few months ago, is that still on going? 

Thanks to anyone willing to help a girl out.

Signed,

Really sad I am wasting all my fresh pins. 

1 Kudo
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

I'm curious has anybody that contacted support got any resolution. My pins continue to not appear in search.

@KCAEICtheblog 

I have contacted support and showed them that stolen pins from my account are ranking high in search but my site is not. They said that everything looks "normal."

"I've followed a tip seen here and elsewhere on the internet and unclaimed the site, will reclaim in a few days and see if this changes my experience."

Has this worked for somebody?

0 Kudos
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi everyone, update on what the PBC team is doing to escalate reports for you all. We've been working to create documentation of the reports, statements, and images shared so far within this mega topic. Please know we are 100% here for you and appreciate how frustrating this experience has been. We will continue to be your voice inside Pinterest until we have clear answers to provide.

Moderator edited for clarity

5 Kudos
alfrattino
Just visiting

After 5 months, finally someone begins to understand 🙂 Hallelujah!

3 Kudos
SideGains
Just visiting

Thanks for this acknowledgment @PinterestJanice.

3 Kudos