cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

mindherway
Just visiting

I too have logged a ticket regarding this on one of my other accounts, complete with screenshots showing the decline in impressions and clicks but support literally just wants to close my ticket, this is what they said:

We will have to go ahead and close this ticket for now but our engineering team have started working on this. Unfortunately, we won't be able to help you with the timeframe, our team needs to get this resolved. However, I can assure you that they will do their best to get it resolved asap.

I know asking to wait a little longer is a hassle. But, I would still request you to allow our engineering team a bit more time so that they can find the root cause and get this resolved at the earliest with accuracy.

I really appreciate again all your patience and understanding.
Regards,
Twinkle

Really? If they just close my ticket there is nothing to follow up on, they haven't even given any answers yet.

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

Is it really OK for them to just close a ticket without providing any info at all? Ticket number 207108

**** Follow my Pinterest page Mind Her Way for personal development and relationships tips and advice! ****

1 Kudo
alfrattino
Just visiting
0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

The help desk closed my ticket back in May, promising they would fix the problem you are describing in eight weeks. I was assured several times my account would be fixed. They never fixed the problem. The latest thing was they asked me to put in another ticket and re-document the issue. I sent in another set of screen shots, but got no response. At this point, I've given up and am no longer posting on Pinterest. Looks like I'll be going back to Instagram. Ugh. I don't use tailwind and I pin only original high quality pins. My traffic is 70% of what it once was. I think there may be two triggers - reporting DCMA violations and buying ads. Every time I do either, my numbers go down. It makes no sense. I should be able to post without someone stealing my work and buying an ad shouldn't hurt my numbers. I've even submitted pictures showing pins that had tens of thousand of impressions one day and then significantly less the next day. Either Pinterest doesn't care, doesn't know how to fix the problem, or doesn't have the manpower. I think the only solution at this point is to stop pinning. If enough people stop giving away their content for free or stop using the service, Pinterest might take notice. I don't see any point on wasting content on this platform anymore. 

0 Kudos
egruening
Just visiting

THIS IS ME @saurabhankush !!! 2 million to heading under 1 million in 2 short months and I get 5 impressions on my content now (I used to get over 1000 impressions on my pins and loads of saves and clicks on my content before) and I do everything right (I do social media marketing for a living so I understand it all) and still I'm dropping so fast. My stats are also not correct. Not showing my saves in the pin analytics (but there is nothing wrong robot Pinterest person says).

Support won't help (canned response after canned response about basically how I'm not working hard enough. NOT TRUE! Like you I create content for Pinterest everyday). I'm equally as upset and have zero idea on what to do as support see's no issue. REALLY? 

Sigh..I'm happy to see I'm not alone but sad that we are all in this with no end in sight.

I might have to leave if this does not change. I can't keep working so hard for nothing. 

@PinterestGabby 

4 Kudos
PrettyDIYHome
Just visiting

Thank you, I will keep at it.  I have had no responses for weeks.

0 Kudos
Paradox

Hi @PinterestGabby. I have filed a ticket 2x and been told this will take 4-6 weeks with no timeline or promise that anyone will follow-up. We are about to take our business off Pinterest if we can't get a better answer. After investing years and thousands of dollars as a business into building our Pinterest community, I'm really hoping for a little higher quality of customer service with such a massive issue that so many are experiencing. 

4 Kudos
ABCofParenting
Just visiting

Crazy Drop in Pinterest engagement and link clicks since May 2020, I was not able to find out what was the reason.  Recently got to know about the community. Can someone from Pinterest please look at the details below and let me know whats going on.

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 9.49.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-12 at 9.49.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-12 at 9.49.58 PM.png

1 Kudo
coolchillmom
Posts regularly

It seems that every time I report pins that are stealing my images (they even have my logo in them) my engagement, impressions, clicks, everything drops significantly.

Could I be penalized for reporting?

Could I also be marked as spam?

@pinterestgaby

2 Kudos
egruening
Just visiting

Is there anyway we can find someone much higher up to complain about this? This is unacceptable on so many levels and should be called out. Maybe we need to bring it off here and go public with all our issues (I'm not a great writer or I would do it)? There is more of us this I know (I have a client who has never received a response from Pinterest even though she has messaged them several times). I'm tired of sitting here and hoping that Pinterest fixes the issues (which they won't, and I have several emails to prove that).

As I move into officially a 1 million drop in views and almost no views on my content (even though I am 100% doing everything right), I'm ready to stop being on Pinterest, cancel my Tailwind account and 100% stop promoting Pinterest to my social media clients. I can't have them go on a platform that treats their users like this (and then it reflects bad on me). I honestly get a better response from just posting my content on Facebook and Facebook used to my worse referrer. 

This sucks big time because I used to love being on Pinterest and now I spend everyday dreading the thought of looking at my stats or my profile because seeing "1 view" on a pin your spend some time putting together really really REALLY sucks! 

Love to hear if anyone agrees with me?

6 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby 

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: Real South American Living Thanks! Lisa❤️
Currently Pinning to: southamerica.fit Happy Valentine's Day❤️
0 Kudos