cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

movaviinc

Hello everyone,

I have a problem and I don't know how to solve it. Could you help me please?

My account audience suddenly stopped growing. I participate in group boards and create such boards myself. I constantly push fresh content and repin content that fits my boards. I optimize my pins using keywords and so on.

But some days ago the growth, which lasted for almost three months, stopped and even began to regress. From 31.2k monthly viewers it has dropped to 28.5k in 2-3 days. 

I suspect it might be related to the latest Pinterest update. But I don't understand how I should deal with this problem and regain growth. Please share your thoughts and experience. Maybe I do something wrong. 

2 Kudos
dianavantankeren
Posts regularly

Despite having created new content (manually using the "create pin" option at the perfect size, with lenghtly keyword rich description and all other advice followed, there has not been ANY activity in my account for over 48 hours except for ONE repin of a pin that is not my own.

This just does not make sense at all. Going from 24K impressions to nothing overnight for 5 weeks now

https://www.pinterest.com/dianavantankeren/ Affordable Wall Art and Home Decor
1 Kudo
takeyourbag

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

Hi! 

I'm hoping you can help me as I've opened many tickets with no resolution. 

I have experience a sudden and total drop in click-throughs since June 30th and no amount of trying has been able to bring it back. Every ticket has come back saying there was no issue but this cannot be the case. 

I've just opened a new ticket (209062), hoping you could escalate it to tech or anyone that might be able to bring back my account. Pinterest used to be my favorite platform so this has been heartbreaking on top of very hard in terms of business.

ThanksCapture d’écran 2020-09-04 à 10.27.17.png

0 Kudos
artisancraftsvg
Just visiting

Hello Pinterest

I just wanted to inform that I am suffering from the same drop in traffic issue from 17th of Aug 2020. I contacted support and they told me that it will take 8 weeks to fix. They were helpful and courteous. I am just waiting for all to become back to normal again.Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
legallybrondee
Just visiting

I had this same issues & I couldn’t figure it out. So I changed back to a personal account because I thought like Instagram that the business account would eventually make you pay to promote the pin for anyone to see it.  Once I did that, i still had low engagement so i stopped posting for about a week & I kept getting emails saying I should sign up for a business account. so I emailed them asking how to switch over & explained the lack of views on my pin & then said that their is no guarantee people would see my pins & that they show the pins to who they think would be interested & then he helped me switched back to a business account like a week later. My engagement has been pretty high since I’ve done that. Not sure if it has anything to do with switching back & forth or being a “new” business account .  Go to account settings, get help, and then find your issues & go from there. Hopefully this helps. 

1 Kudo
PrettyDIYHome
Just visiting

i got accidentally flagged two months ago,  and nothing changes.  I recently rewrote them.  So far I have found no solutions, new posts new pins get single digit impressions in the first week.  Sorry to hear ads don't help either.

3 Kudos
PrettyDIYHome
Just visiting

I was flagged by the bug as well, wrote them two months ago.  I will write them again, good to know they can help.  

Thanks for this community Pinterest Gabby.  

3 Kudos
dianavantankeren
Posts regularly

Question to everyone who is experiencing this issue...

Are your PRODUCT pins from a CLAIMED website by any chance showing as STANDARD in the analytics?

I have 3 business accounts on Pinterest. The two which do not have a claimed website have all product pins showing as such. I can search for them (the show when I create a pin, then tag products in the PRODUCTS tab and I can search for them by keywords) Traffic and impressions have been normal for both accounts.

However, for this account, all of my PRODUCT pins show up as STANDARD in the analytics. And when I use the CREATE PIN option and try to tag products. The PRODUCTS tab does not show them. They also don't show when I search for them by keywords. I can ONLY find them when opening a new window and search my boards to find them.

I wonder if this is related to the issue!?

2 Kudos

How do I find out if my account has been spam flagged or who do I contact?

I have a relatively new account, but it is very apparent my pins are not being seen.  I had three sets of pins that were in the middle of going viral and stopped overnight.  Haven’t had a single view since.  And every pin uploaded after that has received 1 impression.

1 Kudo
dianavantankeren
Posts regularly

There are no answers, just questions but you're not alone

https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/support-and-questions/master-topic-sudden-decrease-around-70-in-r...

1 Kudo