cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Just visiting
Labels (1)

Hello lovelies!😀

First of all, so glad to see this Business Community coming to life! Excited to see what future holds for all of us!

Now, onto the question! Has anyone experience a SUDDEN and SHARP drop in reach. I'm talking 70-80% in a day.

allnutritiousblog_0-1598437751021.png

And it keeps going down! Just in a day I disappeared of all search results for keywords that I have been ranking for.

The traffic is consistently down on all pins and all pages at a very similar percentage:

allnutritiousblog_1-1598437922667.png

And the pins

allnutritiousblog_2-1598437968494.png

Actually something like this has happened before and customer support has confirmed that I was caught by the spam filters accidentally. It then got fixed. Here is how it looked:

July 17:

allnutritiousblog_3-1598438126715.png

It took around a week to bounce right back up after I've been unflagged by the system. Now, I'm being told it's natural ebbs and flows:

allnutritiousblog_4-1598438190646.png

Now, has anyone experienced something similar to that? How did you bounce back? I publish new content consistenly and have been publishing more. I also upload videos but their reach has significantly dropped down too (by around the same percentage).

I have now stopped running ads because I feel like my reach is being limited by quite a bit. It doesn't seem to make sense to try to grow brand awareness.

I would love to go back up and continue growing with the community! I would highly appreciate if any of you have any advice!

Love and kisses!🌻

-Karo

21 Kudos
463 Replies
Highlighted
Just visiting

I’m having the same issue.  I reached out to Pinterest a month ago and they said I have not been marked as Spam.  But after steady growth, I am now seeing severe decline.  Can you help?

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone. @PinterestGabby and I felt it was best to consolidate all of the topics reporting traffic drops together into one place. We hope that this will keep all of the various Pinterest responses together and make it easier for those who are looking for this information to find it. Please use this space to report or discuss traffic drops. This thread is closely monitored by the Pinterest team.

Moderator edit note: if your account has been cleared by support (i.e. they responded to your ticket and reported there are no issues or flags on your account) there is no further technical resolution that will result in the return of your distribution. From this point, the resolution is purely tactical, dependent on your pins and pinning strategy. There are recent reports on this topic of tactical strategies that are producing positive returns. We encourage you to continue sharing those wins with each other. 

4 Kudos
Just visiting

WOW My Post has been merged into this chat group now! Now my problem will be even less heard!

I am sorry, i have been talking very politely since last 2months, Now I am losing it - no more patience.

On June 29th, my account suddenly saw 90% drop, all of my impression gone in a single day. (Yes I was completely pinning fresh pin during that time!)

My new pins impressions went from usual 2k in 24hours to 0-100impressions. All pins disappeared from the search engine, even when I type in my username/site url in search bar.

Support team said, there is bug filter issue and things will solve. Nothing solved even its 2months now.

Still, when I type in my username/site url in search bar only I can see junk pins or stolen pins, Not a single pin from my site is appearing in search engine.

My question is - guys please help me with the search engine thing, not a single pin is appearing even when I am typing my site url. Support saying - "post fresh pins and sending me same age old canned reply"

Completely fed up chasing. I will simply advice new content creators to focus on social media like youtube rather than Pinterest, Youtube actually care for their content creators. Pinterest has no intention to fix things, they are just making excuses.

Why we content creators face issues? when we have other better platforms. Let's move to them, and ditch Pinterest if they don't fix in a week.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

@PinterestJanice @PinterestGabby @allnutritiousblog @realsouthamerica 

Hello Everyone,

Glad to have this platform 🤗

I am also facing a sudden drop in the views/traffic. 😣 (To be very specific drop was started on 11/8/2020)

I request you to kindly see following Pin analytics of my account (1/8/2020 – 30/8/2020)My  analytics 1/8/2020 – 30/8/2020My analytics 1/8/2020 – 30/8/2020

1. I have also contacted the Pinecrest Help Center (my ticket #206122) 
  2. Got the confirmation about Not Flagged as Spam ✔️
  3. No specific reason received but got advise to 'Create Better Pins'
  4. As I have created this Business Account in June 2020 am taking all the possible care about pinning 
  5. I have been watching several guiding videos, reading various articles and Pinterest updates, also completed the Pinterest Academy Online Course (supported by Pinterest for 🆓). Also started uploading the Video pins 
  6. I am sorry for writing such a long message but after taking all the care if your view count drops suddenly from 78k to less than 1k then it is really depressing and demotivating. I mean it is pointless to burn the midnight oil on some of the Posts and Pins which we target for Holiday Traffic
  7. I am a budding Blogger and was totally dependent on Pinterest traffic, but now it seems I should change my strategies.
  8. Please feel free to visit my account Uttar Do and let me know if you have any further suggestions.
  9. I just hope this issue will get resolved and all of us will have our views back.

I am thankful to all of you for reading this lengthy message.

Kind Regards and Lots of Love ❤️❤️❤️,

Mamta  

Mamta
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hello @PinterestJanice ,

I'm the person who initially created this topic: ''Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?''. You've told me that I've been added to the safelist as of 26 of August and told me to come back to you! 🙂

Unfortunately, that didn't seem to help. My reach continues to decrease every day.

reach.JPG

Similar trend seen on Google Analytics, I'm adding it because the data is more recent:

pinterest.JPG

I'm happy to include any other information/screenshots that might help you deduce what's the problem. 🙂

Anyway, the question here is, what do I do? I would greatly appreciate your help Janice.

I hope I'm finding you in good health. You're doing a great job at this community, I'm glad we finally have some support out here!🥀🌻

My best wishes,

Karolina

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Isn't it clear enough that starting from April 2020 Pinterest has started to cut free traffic?
And that it does not want to tell you openly?
What other elements do you need to understand it on your own?

5 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

@PinterestJanice @PinterestGabby

Hello all,

I have not seen any improvement in my traffic and my pins are still hidden in the service.

It's very confusing how this is happening, please I've been following all your tips form the start of my account. There is no reason why this should happen. It is draining to keep making fresh daily pins that get no results. It's also very frustrating to just receive canned replies on best practices because we content creators already comply to that.

Please, I need to keep using this account, and it's causing my wasted time and immense loss of daily revenue.

Yaz

4 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

Hello Janice,

I know we are in constant replies, but my account is behaving like  flagged accounts that were unflagged but traffic hasn't rebounded. I've patiently waited in this whole month, I've been told I was not flagged, my account was safelisted, but this is not yielding any favorable results. Is there any chance we can also to escalate further?

Thanks ,

Yaz

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby @PinterestRyan @PinterestBrad 

A lot of people have complained severally about a serious decline in traffic and pin impressions since May 2020 but the only reasonable thing Pinterest support says is "normal ebbs and flows". Every content creator who has been on Pinterest for at least two years would know that this current decline has nothing to do with seasons or users' interest. It's possible that Pinterest is giving preference to advertisers who have money to spend on promoted pins and the rest of us have to remain on the treadmill working our butts off for peanuts.

All social media platforms start out generous and end up this way. It's totally unfair! I've worked extra hard in the last two months creating new pins and videos but my impressions are just so low. We deserve some honesty and transparency at least instead of the new Pinterest anthem "create new pins". This current pandemic and the upcoming holidays is not a good time to experience low traffic. Please share your thoughts! I've attached my screenshots below as evidence.

Screenshot_20200902-121234.png

Jennifer Dagi
6 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @momentswithjenny@allnutritiousblog,  

I understand your frustration and let me tell you we're all in the same pot! I have used Pinterest for many years now...personally and for multiple businesses. There are certainly MAJOR changes occurring and yes, I don't believe its good news for content creators running a business...be it a blog, website, or other income focused content. Here is what I gather from everything that is happening. For me, their intent is obvious....

1. In the communications from Pinterest, Tailwind etc... they are focusing on NEW "FRESH" content. This means completely new content, images, titles, and descriptions (*not hashtags)
  2. The value of previous content (aka. our work) has been greatly diminished and now subject to these new rules...It is their platform...they can do what they want 😞
  3. They won’t share what exactly how many pins is "excessive" for some good reasons, but it also creates a muddled atmosphere for creators. Effectively it’s a guessing game and IMO creates an environment that favors creators who are willing to "risk" penalty to gain more impressions/viewers. 
  4. Their newest creation "Story Pins" are a great idea, but they have 1 major flaw. They don't support external websites/links. In fact, they have repeatedly mentioned the words "on platform audience". 

In summary:

Pinterest wants its content creators to create more and more "FREE", high quality, diverse content for their platform. They will mostly favor creators that have the means to push more content over anyone else (I think quantity over quality will be the byproduct), but the biggest change to me is they want creators to keep their audiences ON PINTEREST! They have stated story pins don't support external links/websites which is really a slap in the face to its content creators. We create high quality content, follow their rules and guidelines with the expectation that we can benefit mutually. I would argue this has changed.

It’s obvious to me they are making moves to capitalize on their users. What makes me even more confused is how Tailwind thinks this is a good thing for their business and seems to be dancing around the fact that Pinterest has made them antiquated. I mean you can schedule pins on Pinterest lol and there is little to no value in re-pinning older content or someone else's. So now content creators can’t even support each other. I wish it were different, I think they had a solid platform for creators, but it looks like Google and SEO is the one and only. These observations are my opinions based on what I have seen and experienced. If I am missing something i'm open to learning. 

Good luck!

2 Kudos