cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Highlighted
Just visiting
Labels (1)

Hello lovelies!😀

First of all, so glad to see this Business Community coming to life! Excited to see what future holds for all of us!

Now, onto the question! Has anyone experience a SUDDEN and SHARP drop in reach. I'm talking 70-80% in a day.

allnutritiousblog_0-1598437751021.png

And it keeps going down! Just in a day I disappeared of all search results for keywords that I have been ranking for.

The traffic is consistently down on all pins and all pages at a very similar percentage:

allnutritiousblog_1-1598437922667.png

And the pins

allnutritiousblog_2-1598437968494.png

Actually something like this has happened before and customer support has confirmed that I was caught by the spam filters accidentally. It then got fixed. Here is how it looked:

July 17:

allnutritiousblog_3-1598438126715.png

It took around a week to bounce right back up after I've been unflagged by the system. Now, I'm being told it's natural ebbs and flows:

allnutritiousblog_4-1598438190646.png

Now, has anyone experienced something similar to that? How did you bounce back? I publish new content consistenly and have been publishing more. I also upload videos but their reach has significantly dropped down too (by around the same percentage).

I have now stopped running ads because I feel like my reach is being limited by quite a bit. It doesn't seem to make sense to try to grow brand awareness.

I would love to go back up and continue growing with the community! I would highly appreciate if any of you have any advice!

Love and kisses!🌻

-Karo

21 Kudos
463 Replies
Highlighted
Posts regularly

Hi @PinterestGabby I tried sending you a private message but get an error I reached  the max. Not sure why as I only sent 2 over the past month. This is what I wrote.

Is there any way you can send my ticket over to support again please?
It's been over a month now and none of the many issues has been resolved. I was in touch with Ryan after Joe let me hanging for 10 days and all was good communication wise. Then there was silence for a full week, when he got back to me, the answer was completely useless as the screenshot I sent clearly shows it's not about quality pins but Pinterest not showing ANY of my pins from my claimed website. After all, on a few days, these very same pins give me 24-15 and 11K impressions and then the days inbetween over the past month NOTHING AT ALL. This does not make sense. Plus I created these pins using the "CREATE PIN" option at the perfect size, using a keyword rich description and title with the keywords showing first in the search and I include the best hashtags also. All following the articles Pinterest provided.

Also, ALL of my product pins remain showing as STANDARD. They cannot be searched for. Ryan said it would take a few days for them to show and I should search for they by keyword, but neither works. If I create a manual pin and want to tag products, then I cannot get to them, other then opening a new window and look through my pins/board to find them. They cannot be found using 'product' or searching by their name. They just don't show.

Then in the last ticket, Ryan requested to keep questions for each account seperately (I have 3, the other 2 do not have these issues mentioned above) but then I got a message from Rita who closed my ticket and combined it with another one. However, this is from another account and this does not make sense. Also, the ticket number in the title does not match the one in the description/body so I don't even know if anyone is getting it.

The ticket that should be open and needs all issues resolved is 182969 and the one that Rita combined it with is 188454.

I am running a business professionally and really depend on Pinterest. Please help me get these issues resolved. Thank you for your time!

Best
Diana

https://www.pinterest.com/dianavantankeren/ Affordable Wall Art and Home Decor
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Hello!

I am here to get a solution from you. Just four weeks ago, my pins were getting round 3k to 12k views, But now it is getting around only 10 to 50. Is it natural? I am using some hashtags in every post. but when I search by a hashtag I am not finding my pins though I pin immediately. Something happening in my account. Please help me to solve this problem. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Thank you so much for your reply @PinterestJanice ! 

I will schedule a chat with you. 

Diana

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@PinterestJaniceHere's an Update: I asked why when I search for my site name/username in the search bar - all I see is Junk pins or stolen pins, and No pins for my site.

They are saying you have not been pinning this month. So, if a user stops pinning for a month, his 10k+ past pins goes disappear even when I search for username/site url in the search bar?

As much as I have understanding about search engine, thats not how search engine work!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

You're welcome, dear! I hope you guys understand how much word removed per Community Guidelines and revenue loss such a things causes us small publishers. 

Just hoping here to get heard and find solutions that work.

I've already booked a slot for fireside chat.

Many thanks,

Yaz

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Posts regularly

@PinterestJanice @PinterestGabby @PinterestBrad I don't mean to hijack this post, but would you please be able to help me too? I am having the same issue, it's been a month now and I'm not getting any help https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/support-and-questions/please-forward-my-ticket/m-p/4608#M996

Thank you!

Best
Diana

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby , @PinterestRyan , @PinterestBrad

I am having the exact same problem and only now heard about this filter which clearly is applied to my account as well.
Joe let me hanging for ten days before Ryan (not sure if this is PinterestRyan) took over after PinterestGabby escalated my ticket (thank you for that again!. I was getting detailed and timely responses and I am still grateful for this, but it stopped a week ago, only got one reply after that with links to how to create pins that get impressions. I already used these articles to create them and there is nothing to improve. The filter mentioned above finally tells me what is the reason. I just sent yet another reply to my ticket 182969 (Rita combined it with this request 188454 which should have not happened as this is a ticket from another account which does not have these problems.

Please help, I depend on Pinterest for my business.
Thank you
Diana

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

OMG! We are facing the same problem. Our monthly views and impressions are dropping like crazy, despite the regular posting and fresher content. Pretty disappointed! If Pinterest has changed their algorithm, they got to update us creators! 

@PinterestJanice 

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi! It's been over a month now and I've been having major issues with my content being reached to people, plus theres a sudden dip in impressions! I have been following the Pinterest guidelines to the T. I reached out to customer support as well, but they keep saying the same thing over and over again - Create new content! I mean, that's all I have been doing! 

Please help us out here @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ccsd3204, thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing your experience on the community. Apologies for the late response here. What you'll want to do is file a ticket with our team for investigation. Support has the tools and resources to dig into your account and look into what might be the root cause of the issue. Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime, and keep us posted. 👍

Moderator edit note: if your account has been cleared by support (i.e. they responded to your ticket and reported there are no issues or flags on your account) there is no further technical resolution that will result in the return of your distribution. From this point, the resolution is purely tactical, dependent on your pins and pinning strategy. There are recent reports on this topic of tactical strategies that are producing positive returns. We encourage you to continue sharing those wins with each other. 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

5 Kudos