cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MEGA TOPIC] Sudden decrease (around 70%) in Reach: Anyone else?

Netzpiloten
Just visiting

I was creating my pins as usual and didn't change anything but suddenly fresh pins only had 1 to 15 impressions, which is weird because the minimum before was around 400 impressions. And in fact before we also had quite a few pins getting more than 3k views and more. 

Obviously the monthly views also decreased over time. Mid October we had around 200k monthly views but beginning of November only about 12k were left. 

Has anyone of you got an idea how that happened or what the reason is for the analytics to be faulty? It seems like there is still traffic coming from Pinterest according to Google Analytics. But looking at the analytics of pinterest itself it doesn't seem like it. The fresh pins never have any clicks - At least Pinterest does not track them/show them?

We would be super happy if anyone is able to help us. Thank you!

2 Kudos
byrebechij
Just visiting

Hello! I was wondering is here anyone that has recovered their profiles from those drastic traffic drops that are so common right now? If so, how?

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@byrebechij Hi there you picked a good place to ask that question.

I experienced a drop back in like May it was big but not severe and in answer to your question I actually just rode it out and waited for Pinterest to update. It took a couple of weeks. 

I did not reach out to Support and I did not file any tickets - I just kept pinning new content and waited and then after a couple of weeks I noticed the numbers going back up and they have been up ever since even when I took a short break from Pinterest (a couple of months).

If its really bad then by all means file a ticket but if you think you can manage to wait it out that would be my suggestion. I have read a lot of posts on the community and the frustration that many pinners are experiencing is intense. I really don't want to spend my time like that and I have faith that Pinterest will address and fix any major problems in their own time. This has been my experience and I always think its best if you do what feels right for you. A lot of people have said they can't wait or they don't want to wait but given the alternative (frustration emails back and forth and really unnecessary stress) I just decided to wait.

I hope that is some sort of an answer to your question but please feel free to open a dialogue up on the subject and if you have any other questions please ask away.

Lisa😁

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: Real South American Living Thanks! Lisa❤️
Currently Pinning to: southamerica.fit Happy Valentine's Day❤️
0 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi there 👋

Glad your here - Welcome!

I actually just answered another post similar to yours so I am sharing my response with you - I know that is frustrating I hope this will help. 

Is Here Anyone That Has Recovered From Drastic Traffic Drop? 

Lisa😁

0 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@Netzpiloten Hi there - Welcome! 😁

This is definitely a good place to ask this question.

I just responded to two other posts with the same|similar issues.

Is Here Anyone That Has Recovered From Drastic Traffic Drop? 

I know its frustrating but I offered some advice on what I did when I had the same issue back in May - it is not the perfect solution and of course if you really need to file a ticket with Support then you should definitely do that.

I found that by just being a little patient and waiting for Pinterest to update was really the best way to deal with it - if that is what is happening with your account as opposed to constant emailing with Support and ending super frustrated.

I hope you this will help and glad you made it to the PBC.

Lisa😁

1 Kudo
byrebechij
Just visiting

@therealsouthamerica It's been 2 months since I have a flat line in analytics and nothing has changed, even tho I pin every single day, create content weekly and have talked back and forth with Pinterest Support, although they don't admit/see that there is some problem and keep sending me auto replies (I believe they just try to do something about it, but nothing has worked yet). After 1,5 month someone finally admitted that I was marked as spam. 3 weeks have already passed since I was UNMARKED from spam, but nothing has changed. I went from 4000+ page views every single day to only 80! That's crazy!

I think my question is - maybe I should stop pinning for some time and let technology do it's own job to recover? Because seems like not even pinning helps for that.

1 Kudo
daianafolea
Just visiting

PS: Why is this megathread marked as SOLVED?

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@byrebechij Hi - I see your point but if they did mark as not spam I have read in the community that it can take time for the account to come back after being unmarked. I think you're fine to keep pinning, I definitely wouldn't stop just let tech do what tech does as I said before its not a perfect answer but clearly they have identified the problem and have taken the steps to fix the problem now its just a time issue and as I mentioned my account came back on its own.

Lisa😁

0 Kudos
byrebechij
Just visiting

@therealsouthamerica  But you know, they told me to wait up to 2 weeks maximum and then I'll be reindexed back. Now it's been 3 weeks already, and not even a single thing has changed. When I tried to reach out to them again, they once again told me that I am not marked as spam. 😄 

I think they keep sending out some non-sense, just to keep it look like we are having a conversation without any actual help, because their suggestions DON'T WORK right now.

So, after this, do you still think I need to keep pinning?

Also, with ''new content'' as you mentioned before, you mean new, fresh pins (from old posts) or completely new blog posts every day? Because I have been still creating new blog posts during these 2 months without traffic, kept pinning them, mixed with old posts and new pins for those.

1 Kudo
alfrattino
Just visiting

They take this megathread - the only one that is really useful at the moment - and hide it well, so that it is no longer visible within this community.
What's more, they mark it as solved.
This exactly gives an idea of what kind of company this is.

2 Kudos