cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost MORE Followers Post-Glitch?

healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

After "the glitch" that Pinterest has been radio silent about, I only got back 80% of my followers when my account was reinstated.

Then, yesterday I lost an additional 20%??? What the heck Pinterest!! My follower count is down a total of 40% after the glitch??

@PinterestGabby @PinterestAya @PinterestAnna Does Pinterest have any intention of telling creators what happened?? 

Creators provide content for free. Creators PAY Pinterest to run ads. Why is Pinterest biting the hand that feeds them? Pinterest would not exist without content creators.

Sorry, just super frustrated and put out with Pinterest right now. 

If you enjoy yummy Keto Recipes visit my Pinterest page: Healthy Ambitions Thanks, Cathy
3 Kudos
11 Replies
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

@healthyambitionsteam We have several accounts we manage that have lost thousands of followers as well. 😞

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
0 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@simplepinmedia  it's a tough time to be a Pinterest Account Manager for bloggers. I don't envy you guys at all right now.

If you enjoy yummy Keto Recipes visit my Pinterest page: Healthy Ambitions Thanks, Cathy
2 Kudos
TravelsofSarahFay
Just visiting

I know I lost followers post glitch 19,000 plus and then gained them naturally as I do than lost another 200. I really hope Pinterest looks into this and helps solve this problem. These were legit followers people have even told me they were automatically unfollowing me like they were following me and then they checked and they were not. 

3 Kudos
frenchcreekfarmhouse
Just visiting

I just posted an update in the original thread for this issue...I got an email back from Support, but it's not encouraging news. 😔 For some reason, they aren't directly acknowledging that this is a widespread issue, nor that they are looking into resolving it. I'm so heartbroken that my years of hard work have been destroyed in a matter of hours. It's so devastating.

3 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

@frenchcreekfarmhouse So sorry this is the case. So disheartening. 

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
2 Kudos
acolorfuldayp
Just visiting

@healthyambitionsteam I understand your frustration.   Taking care during years, good work and good pinning.  In one day I almost lost my entire list of followers.  From 59K followers to 2,800 followers (95% of lost followers until now).  

The answers I have received is that I need wait several days but is very possible not all my followers return because can be suspended accounts.  But the real thing is my friends and family who are followers from the beggining of my web confirmed me the follow button is red.  In other words, it is as if since the incident they unfollowed me. I confirmed it with my own personal account.

I would like, if that is the case, we have some support or alternatives (I can dream I can fly).

Dalma - acolorfulday.com

1 Kudo
troprockin
Just visiting

Just checking the "Product Support" -> "Support and Questions" forum to see what's going on with the follower issue. I'm always amazed that this is a Product Support forum... yet, there is no support. Pinterest simply does not value the Creators. They keep proving it over and over again. Such a shame.

3 Kudos
frenchcreekfarmhouse
Just visiting

@acolorfuldayp - This is exactly what has happened to me. I lost over 75% of my followers...it dropped down to 1400!! I was told the same "wait and see" from Support (it has been 7 days now), and also advised that "follower fluctuations are normal". Ummm...this is NOT normal. Last night, I magically got back about 950 people, but I'm still down thousands. Like you said...they aren't fake/spam/bots...even my own friends and family who used to be following me suddenly are no longer. Their accounts weren't suspended, so the answer from the Support team is clearly not correct. I'm so disheartened that I've stopped pinning altogether. I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around supporting a platform that works this way. If something like this happened on FB or IG, they would be ON IT immediately, and it would be corrected and owned up to. The gaslighting from the Support team trying to make us believe this is normal?? Being dismissed and told that there is nothing they can do?? Getting a mass email saying that the issue has been "resolved" even though my followers are still gone and no one has addressed the issue?? I'm just so disappointed. I have been pretty understanding until the Support agent treated me that way...now I'm just angry at being so disrespected and dismissed. I don't feel valued at all by the platform anymore.

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, please see this recent post from our team regarding this issue. Thank you all for reporting this so quickly in the community so we could escalate internally! 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos