cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 50K Followers, Tanked Engagement Since July Suspension Bug

strangeharbors
Just visiting

I’m getting tired of reaching out to Pinterest support for this issue. I must have opened at least 6 tickets regarding my lost engagement and vanished 50,000 followers since the July bug that saw many of us suspended by mistake. Even though the suspension was only for two hours, it has tanked my engagement from 8-9K average to 50-90 average in terms of impressions. Tickets opened all get the same canned responses. This is also the third time my account has been suspended by mistake, and each time it takes months to restore it. @PinterestGabby, you replied to one of my posts a month or two ago escalating my ticket, but still nothing has been done. I just want my account back to normal. Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@strangeharbors Hey! Was actually going to reach out re: follower issue. I've been in contact with engineering who have been working on a fix and I wanted to clarify if you're still seeing that you're missing around 50k followers. Please let me know if you are so I can share back with our team. 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
strangeharbors
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby! Yes, I'm still seeing the missing followers. I believe I'd reached 80,000 at the beginning of July, now I'm at 31,000. However, the number of followers don't matter that much to me, especially if they turned out to be illegitimate or spam - I'm much more concerned about my pin impressions and engagement, which have plummeted since the accidental suspension. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
strangeharbors
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby, looks like the follower count has been restored. Thank you very much! Is there a way you can diagnose the engagement for my pins as well? That’s been the big issue since July. Thanks again for everything!

0 Kudos
strangeharbors
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby Any update on this? I’ve opened two more tickets in the last three weeks and I haven’t heard anything. No response from the support desk. I’m still only getting 1-200 impressions on every pin, and this has been happening since early July, and now that my followers have been restored, this definitely shouldn’t be the case anymore. Thanks!

0 Kudos