cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livid with Pinterest Customer Support

Highlighted
Just visiting

I've been trying to claim my Shopify's website domain with Pinterest for months and I haven't received any good advice besides contacting customer support or re-downloading the Pinterest's Shopify app. I have tried everything, including adding the meta tag into the store code. I'm frustrated that this is becoming so tedious for a seemingly easy task!

Pinterest Support has caused more harm than good in my case. I filed a claim after scoring the internet for advice.

This is what I received. 

First email: I was hopeful. I added the tag to my website's source code. I heard nothing back a day or two later, so I deleted it because it was showing up on my website's homepage. 

I still haven't heard from "James" and it's been a couple days.

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 3.55.55 PM.png

Second Email: I receive an email from a completely different customer support member, offering little to no guidance. I'm wondering where 'Elisa" came from, where James (my original rep) went, and why this is such a difficult thing to help me with! 

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 3.56.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 3.56.31 PM.png

Third email: I get another completely different email from... guess what! A new random Pinterest customer rep. "Misty" said that my Pinterest account is terminated!! Oddly enough though, my account is actually NOT terminated because I can still log into it and use it. I am livid that she told me something false and that she didn't address my question.

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 3.56.10 PM.png

I own a small business and I am using Pinterest primarily for marketing. My page gets nearly 1 million views with over 1 million impressions. I want to claim my store's website domain so my customers know where to go. I was willing to pump a lot of money into advertising, but I refuse to do that with Pinterest's ridiculous customer support.

If anyone has any advice that could actually benefit my situation, please let me know.

Also, I would like to talk to someone on the phone so I can promptly solve this. 

Thanks

1 Kudo
1 Reply
Highlighted
Loves to help

I do agree with you that support can be very slow, and even some of the answers can be frustrating. I recently asked a question and received a cut and pasted response that had nothing to do with my question, and each time I responded, I got the same formula answer that had nothing to do with the original question.

From your first part, though, if your code is showing on your website, it is installed incorrectly. That would mean that Pinterest could not recognize it.

I Googled for instructions and there are close to 100 links for instructions and at least a dozen videos on Youtube. Ironically, the Shopify page says if you have trouble, ask Pinterest support (ha! ha!).

I went through the process with rich pins, including the run around with customer support, then one day, they were just working.

Start the process from scratch, watch a video, maybe you could ask someone who has been successful on the the Shopify forum.