cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of reasons on VMP notice

hayatascapes
Posts regularly

I received a list of rejection reasons in my VMP rejection email. Does this mean each one is a defect or just one of them?

I know one of the reasons was a valid reason, but the others seemed ok. The list seemed to be boilerplate, so conceivably the boilerplate list is included even if just one or two are the actual issue.

I am planning on rebranding my site and social media so I want to be aligned as possible before committing to it.

1 Kudo
2 Replies
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

The list covers the most common reasons why sites aren't accepted into the program. The best practice would be to take them all into account as you approach your rebrand so you don't fix one thing that seems obvious but miss making sure your entire site is optimized. 🤕

0 Kudos
hayatascapes
Posts regularly

@PinterestJanice Thanks for the reply. I think of it as the other way around. In trying to meet my interpretation of the requirements, I could break something that was previously acceptable.

Part of the problem is that the descriptions are not very descriptive of the requirements. I feel that they are all met except for one.  But, as others have mentioned, it always seems to be a guessing game.

For example, one of them is, "Business name and social media name must be consistent." Consistent is a vague requirement. I can imagine a lot of different interpretations. The requirement itself is also self-contradicting. A business name would be fully spelled out, but a social media handle can be some abbreviation of the name.

I wouldn't expect Pinterest to layout in detail how to meet this requirement. But, I think it is reasonable to provide the type of guidance I requested to reduce the churn and possible costs of making changes.

0 Kudos