cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking an URL to a PIN

Highlighted
Just visiting

Is it not possible to add your own URL to a PIN on the APP? It seems this can only be done on desktop? Also, is it possible to change the URL from someone else's PIN? Not something I would do often but was wondering if it's even possible?

1 Kudo
21 Replies
Highlighted
Loves to help

@cdunnett0463 it is very much possible - that's what i mainly use 🙂 once you upload the picture you can add the title, description and the link to your website 🙂

And you should NEVER change the URL from someone else's pin...That is considered stealing! @PinterestGabby the question kinda raises a red flag...just thought I'd tag you 🙂

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi, thanks so much for the reply. But can you add an URL to your PIN in the app? I seem to only be able to do it from my Desktop?

Regarding the 2nd part, yes, sorry, I mis-worded that...I meant from another photo that does not have an URL attached to it? Not necessarily a photo you took but one that does not have an URL attached to it? Or is that stealing also?

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Loves to help

@cdunnett0463 Yes you should have the option to add a URL when you upload a new pin 🙂 
As long as it is one of your own pins that you upload and not anyone else's photo (unless with permission or a stock photo) then yes you upload it as normal pin 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Nope. I just snapped a photo of one of my Guitars and uploaded it to my Board and it will not allow me to add a URL on either the App or the desktop? When I click Edit I can add a note but not a URL? This photo is ="Pinterest - No URL.jpg" />

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Sorry this forum will not let me upload my screen shot? Argggg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @cdunnett0463, thanks for letting us know you're having trouble uploading a screenshot. Can you try again? We made some changes which (hopefully) should've resolved this issue. LMK! 🤞

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

OK here goes...hopefully you can solve my ongoingPinterest - No URL.jpg issue as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Its very true. We can't add url via app , sometimes we can't add URL also via desktop . So many times I am not getting my business account then I am adding it in my normal profile today I am not getting my any Pinterest account. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Exactly! I just created a business account which has quite a bit of potential with how I plan on using it but will be of absolutely no use if this is not fixed

0 Kudos