cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item ID in Product Groups - Shopify

tableday

Hi all,

I have connected my Shopify store to Pinterest and my products have been pulled through. However, they are all in the "All Products" group. I would like to create more product groups, but when I go the page to do this, the filters called "Item ID" and "Item group ID" do not have any options.

What are these item IDs in relation to my products, where are they stored, and how do I change them so I can create product groups?

Thanks,

Margo

1 Kudo
5 Replies
PinterestDebora

Hi @tableday, welcome to the PBC! I can see that you've opened up a ticket with our support team regarding the issue. Please continue working with our team on this as they partner closely with engineering who has the ability to diagnose any issues with Pinterest accounts. I wish there was more I could do here but the teams who work on your ticket are closer to the work being done to resolve your concern. Let me know how it works out!

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
materialsandmethods
Just visiting

Hey Margo-

I was coming here to ask the same question, and wondered if you have figured it out? 😊

Thanks @tableday !

Anne

0 Kudos
alisammeredith
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

The answer I got is that Shopify does not support this in their catalog feeds. Oddly, I do notice that when I add items from the print-on-demand shop Printify, they DO include a value that is used in groups, but it's not anything I can change.

It would come from your Shopify store, so you can always try their help desk, too. Maybe you'll get a different answer or maybe it's changed, but I just asked maybe a month ago.

1 Kudo
materialsandmethods
Just visiting

Thanks @alisammeredith !

I'll reach out to shopify help, but I suspect I will have to just stick to using product type to make groups.  

0 Kudos
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tableday and @materialsandmethods welcome to the PBC! If you still have questions, we invite you to join our live Shopify Q&A session with the Pinterest team next week. Check out the full details and RSVP here

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos