cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impressions, Views, Clicks Tanked

Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi there,

I have a photography business with my husband. Last year we created our pinterest account and started organically pinning about 10x a day with 5 pins being ours and 5 pins being other peoples. We saw 12k impressions from nothing in a couple weeks, some clicks and saves as well. I know it's not much, but it grew quickly enough that I think it would have grown more if we would have kept up with it.

Flash forward to the last few weeks when we have tried to resurrect our pinterest account to drive pinners to our new website we created and it's been weeks of going hard with pinning, staying within guidelines, and nothing has helped. It was already at 2.something K viewers as leftover from last year, and it's at 3.1k after weeks on consistently pinning FRESH pins. I am at my wits end. I was really counting on this to make a difference in my business. 

I saw other threads of people complaining of the same thing from about a month ago. Is this still going on for other people? It's so disheartening. I feel like I am "wasting" my fresh content and I want to take everything off my tailwind schedule.

Tailwind scheduler messed up (chatted with them and they said it was a bug on their end) and it pinned a couple of my pins too close together. Could I be flagged as spam? 

I have been told you can post the same pin with the same URL to up to 10 different relevant boards with at least 2 day intervals and that is within best practices. Does anyone know if this is true? Is this considered spammy. I am aiming for 14ish pins a day. Using tailwind.

I actually took a week or so and tried to do just organic pins and no change either. 

Help!

1 Kudo
5 Replies
Highlighted
Just visiting

Sorry... I can't help. I'm in the exact same position as you. I just want to chime in and let you know there are many of us still having this same issue.

All my FRESH pins get low impressions. Sometimes it's 22 impressions, sometimes it's 6 impressions, sometimes it is 200 impressions etc... I have wasted some good, fresh pins too. Pinterest thinks we should spend all day making fresh pins but then -  they still won't show them to anyone. It's awful.

My guess is... The Community Support people here will tell you to fill out a Help Desk support request... I hope you'll come back to this thread and let us know what what the Help Desk tells you.

A variety of answers have come back from the Help Desk - some have been completely inaccurate, some have been "canned" messages and some bloggers have gotten a good response that said their accounts were mistakenly flagged as "low quality" and that their account has been fixed.

Let us know what you hear!

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jonescreativeco, thanks for sharing your experience with us on the community. We shared a post regarding impression/notable traffic drops last week that may address some of these concerns. @troprockin if you want to take a peek, too. 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Thanks Gabby. Yes, Seen this posting. But there is an issue affecting a small subset of bloggers - it is an issue. It is not seasonality, etc...

When a "fresh" pin gets these incredibly low impressions for an account that has a 30 day avg of 2.3 million reach, there is an issue. And it has not been addressed for this subset of creators.

Plenty of bloggers are reporting that their "fresh" pins get a lot of impressions. Then there is a group that is somehow being squashed. It can not be correct that for 2 months now, our fresh pins get 6-200 impressions. Something is specifically keeping our pins from being shown.

4 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @troprockin 

Thanks so much for letting me know. While I have a way smaller account than you, I agree that there is something wrong with the system that is not seasonal. I feel as tho I am being squashed as well. I've taken  things off of my tailwind schedule until I can get a decent answer from someone as I cannot keep wasting all my fresh pins like this. I will let you know what kind of response I get if I ever do get one.

-Meg

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

I'm really happy to hear I'm not the only one! I've got brand new pins getting less than 30 impression and it all started about a week ago. My traffic has tanked over 50%...overnight 😞 
I was hitting 1K page views a day and now I'm struggling to get 400 pageviews a day. Super discouraging.

If you enjoy yummy Keto Recipes visit my Pinterest page: Healthy Ambitions Thanks, Cathy
3 Kudos