Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Massive drop in impressions since 28 May.

miggondotcom
Posts regularly

Has anyone else experienced a massive drop in impressions and daily viewers since 28 May 2022. Though I haven't missed a single day of pinning fresh pins for the last 4 months. Please help Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 11.15.22.png

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @miggondotcom ,

looking at the screenshot, seems to me that you had a massive spike on May 23rd/24th and then a drop. Sometime that happens and is normal. Most likely one piece of content got a lot of engagement and views and then dropped. 

That could be due to a surge on searches for the content in that pin specifically. Take a look at your pins individually and you most likely will find which one had a "viral moment". It may resurge again. 

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
14 Replies
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

Dear Community Members, 

I contacted the Pinterest support centre twice, but got copy paste response . I have been sharing new pins every day on my Pinterest account for the last 2 years. Don't know what to do, though I know each and everything about Pinterest. Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 12.54.22.png

1 Kudo
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @miggondotcom 

I understand how frustrating it must be to see those numbers tumble so quickly but I did visit your Pinterest account and there are definitely some things you can improve on espcially with your Idea Pins. 

Tips for Idea Pins: https://business.pinterest.com/blog/six-tips-for-making-your-first-idea-pin/

2. Participate in monthly trends.

https://creatormonthlytrends.splashthat.com/

3. Create relevant content based on what Pinners are searching for.

https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/business-chat/what-pinners-are-searching-for-this-week-w-o-3-4/m-...

I hope that helps. 

Thanks

2 Kudos
miggondotcom
Posts regularly
0 Kudos
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

My impressions are moving down from 10m+ monthly views to 2,8m+ views since 1st February. 

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello @miggondotcom!

It's normal for impressions to fluctuate from month to month. There are a lot of factors that can come into play that affect impressions.  Some things are out of our control, such as algorithm changes or new product testing/roll-outs.  However here are a few things you could try:

- Think about whether your content you are pinning right now is relevant to what's trending in search results. Look at trends.pinterest.com to see if you there is anything currently trending that relates to your brand/product and audience.  Try creating some fresh pins and especially Idea Pins to help boost your account.  *TIP* Add text overlay to give the pin more context

- Are you consistently pinning fresh content?  Try to keep daily activity to your account by scheduling pins to go out every day.  Whatever you have been doing in the past try to maintain or increase that number.  If you stop pinning for a while, you'll likely notice impressions decrease

- Try to optimize your account some more.  If your business is exclusively fashion, then I would remove (or hide) any boards that are not related to fashion.  Pinterest tags our accounts with Interests based on the boards we have and the content we pin.  The more specific our boards and pins are to our businesses and ideal audience, the better reach your account will get. 

- Try running some ads to help boost your account and get discovered by more people on Pinterest. 

Hope these tips help!  Best of luck!

3 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @miggondotcom It's hard to say what is normal. Those numbers might be low for some and super high for others. It depends on your content, consistency, and where you're at in your biz journey. 

-Tabby

2 Kudos
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

i have been pinning continuously for the last 1 year and never missed a single day. 

0 Kudos
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

i have never missed a single day for the last 1 year. I pin fresh contents everyday

0 Kudos
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

The traffic doubled for 2 days then suddenly dropped 400% . Anyone else who faced the same scenario. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 17.54.14.png

0 Kudos