cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impressions are going down, is there a reason?

GeetaVidyarthiflp
Just visiting

Hi,

I am continuing to see a reduction of impressions from 10K in June 2021 down to 1.5K in July 2021. I am at loss of words to describe the loss of traffic that it has resulted in and how hard it has hit my business! 

Is there an explanation to this downward trend? What am I doing wrong? How can this be fixed?

Please help me! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thehalcyonhive
Loves to help

Hi @GeetaVidyarthiflp - Welcome to PBC!

I've noticed this dip in traffic on my account too.  Plus there are a ton of other posts on here recently that mention this as well. 

This time of year generally does result in a dip in impressions and traffic, but my biggest dip started happening after the big glitch a few weeks ago.  It's common to see fluctuations (some small and some big like this) happen when Pinterest makes changes on the back end, but they ALWAYS bounce back.  I know it's discouraging to see this now but stick with it! 

I suggest leveraging ways to get more eyes on your account like Idea Pins and trends.pinterest.com.  I know Idea Pins don't have links on them, BUT you will get new eyes on your account.  Offer value and encourage them to click the link in your bio or follow your account.  When they click/engage on your Idea Pins, they will start to see more of your content. 

I wish you the best!

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
alfrattino
Just visiting

The reason is very simple.

They started to cut the free traffic at the beginning of 2020, more then one year ago.

And yes, there is a solution: change the source of traffic

1 Kudo
thehalcyonhive
Loves to help

Hi @GeetaVidyarthiflp - Welcome to PBC!

I've noticed this dip in traffic on my account too.  Plus there are a ton of other posts on here recently that mention this as well. 

This time of year generally does result in a dip in impressions and traffic, but my biggest dip started happening after the big glitch a few weeks ago.  It's common to see fluctuations (some small and some big like this) happen when Pinterest makes changes on the back end, but they ALWAYS bounce back.  I know it's discouraging to see this now but stick with it! 

I suggest leveraging ways to get more eyes on your account like Idea Pins and trends.pinterest.com.  I know Idea Pins don't have links on them, BUT you will get new eyes on your account.  Offer value and encourage them to click the link in your bio or follow your account.  When they click/engage on your Idea Pins, they will start to see more of your content. 

I wish you the best!

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

It's time to jump ship if you don't have money to invest in paid ads. Pinterest doesn't care about its creators anymore.

We didn't expect this from Pinterest as they claimed they were a visual search engine at first but they're an online shopping mall now for big brands to advertise their products.

Read the handwriting on the wall and find another source of traffic to keep your business afloat. Creators are no longer needed on the platform.

Jennifer Dagi
0 Kudos