cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impression dropped 30k within 2 weeks

froileinjuno
Just visiting

Hi everyone, 

my impression rate dropped immediately from 75k to 45k within 2 weeks.

I´m pinning new pins I created every few days, do repins every day and I also did an idea pin 3 weeks ago. Why is it like that? I dont´get it.... can please anyone help me out? 

Thank you very much!

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ModerneVie
Just visiting

Hello, Have the similar problem, wrote to Pinterest help many times, and finally got an answer yesterday :

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

We looked into this and found a bug in our spam blocker that was mistakenly flagging safe content. We’re working on this now to get everything back to normal - this may take several days.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We work hard to keep spammy links off of Pinterest and at times the system flags false-positives. We appreciate your help here, and as always, welcome any feedback.

Joe

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
10 Replies
xzouix
Posts regularly

Hello @froileinjuno  I am very sorry to hear this! I actually came here with the same problem. I was creating idea pins from the get go, and I was gettin 10k impressions within hours. Then I took just a couple of days off, and I was pushed down to the bottom. Right now I am creating idea pins and I am getting 0 impressions. I don't even get mingled among "similar pins" - which as I found out is the vital thing for a creator to get found. So I know where one of the problems lies, but i don 't have idea for to fix it. I thing I am creating a good content with a very very high quality photography.  (please, visit my pages to see my work, i am the designer, seamstress, photographer, marketer, it is all under my creative control and yet I struggle just because I took a few days off.... I mean my content has been getting better, in my opinion, but I will welcome and embrace any constructive critics and advice. XZOUIX is my only source of income and for right now, I have no income for this very reason, so any advice will be appreciated).

Try to check it out yourself.  to check if one of these problems with "similar pins" applies to your pins. Open pinterest on your pc or a laptop, go to your idea pins, choose one that gets a lot of impressions and then choose one that got little to none impressions. click on it, and then scroll down, if there are no related pins under the idea pin, that's a real problem.

Unfortunately, i don't know how to fix this. I always fill out all 10 tags, all descriptions and notes properly. So the problem must be something else. But, if your content  doesn't get mingled with similar pins, your time and work poured into the pin is rather wasted...

If anyone from the pinterest community or admins @Anonymous @PinterestJazmin @PinterestJanice  can give us an advice, please, hit us up. I am regularly visiting forums and browse around for a good advice.

Thank you 🙂

-Zoui of XZOUIX
1 Kudo
ModerneVie
Just visiting

Hello, Have the similar problem, wrote to Pinterest help many times, and finally got an answer yesterday :

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

We looked into this and found a bug in our spam blocker that was mistakenly flagging safe content. We’re working on this now to get everything back to normal - this may take several days.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We work hard to keep spammy links off of Pinterest and at times the system flags false-positives. We appreciate your help here, and as always, welcome any feedback.

Joe

2 Kudos
froileinjuno
Just visiting

And did your impression rate went back to normal? 

0 Kudos
ModerneVie
Just visiting

Not yet, I received the email on october 25, so Im still waiting..... I will update you when/if it comes back!

1 Kudo
PietaStudio
Just visiting

Hi,

I have the same problem with this. My impression rate keep going up steadily and constantly until last month. I post almost daily and I got new followers almost on daily basis. However, my number keeps dropping every day. I sent a ticket but still no response

Does anyone's impression rate back to normal?

1 Kudo
faithfilledinfl
Just visiting

My impressions have gone down by at least 500,000. 

I have been on pinterest for about 4 years now and have clients I serve on Pinterest. 

I have not changed a thing -----  I wish I could connect with someone to rectify this. 

1 Kudo
xzouix
Posts regularly

@ModerneVie @froileinjuno @faithfilledinfl @PietaStudio 

Well, I certainly haven't seen any improvement on this issue. I mean, i can spend hours creating a content, and then I get a handful of impressions with no positive results, that's not an effective time allocation for a solopreneur. I am trying to take it a little bit easier, because I was really stressing about this problem and arguing with a customer support person about a handful of technical issues which only lead no one thing - I received no more responses to the problems I reported.

Sometimes taking a step back and focusing on some other parts of the the work can be more useful than forcefully trying to get or find a solution to a technical problem. This does no good, and yea, promotion is not everything, creativity and productivity is more important than trying to push a product/service. I mean, by the time i was trying to solve this issue (which i didn't, and neither did Pinterest), i could have been designing products and building my two brands and then come back later to see what's what...)

Stay creative, everyone!

-Zoui of XZOUIX
3 Kudos
faithfilledinfl
Just visiting

I have contacted the help center, who has always been a great help in the past...

hopefully again they can fix the "bug."

Help Center  https://help.pinterest.com/en/contact

Take care all ---  keep creating.

Jo 

0 Kudos
xzouix
Posts regularly

Hello, @faithfilledinfl 

I don't think it is a bug, I think is the matter of engineering the behavior of the algorithm. With the new tools introduced to creators, the game is changing and I assume the content from a creator that gets an active engagement from other users will be prioritized (which is what changed and ruined IG). The good thing however is that Pinterest's behavior is based a lot on a visual representation of the content and there is no such thing as a time based feed, which allows you to push your content based on the visual similarity to other content that's already out there. (besides the matter of the user engagement)). I mean, I re-pinned two damn pictures of a femme fatale styled woman in heels with two doberman dogs, and now i can't get rid of the dobermans in my home feed, they had been flooding my feed for a several days, and it doesn't stop. Sooo freaking annoying, this particular algorithm scheme has a long way to go until it finds a success, as well as the machine learning itself. computers are trying to understand, but they are nowhere near, they are just imitating the previous relation trying to reproduce the outcome (as in user engagement.) )...

Anyways, try to observe the behavior of the platform when you create or re-pin a content and you will understand more what you have to do to attract the users, and then, eventually the impressions should go up, or at least one can hope 🙂

-Zoui of XZOUIX
0 Kudos