cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea pins aren't being seen?

coachminky
Just visiting

Hey there - my idea pins went from 1-2k views to basically nothing (the last one got 6!) Nothing changed whatsoever in my strategy, the kind of idea pins I'm putting out, my engagement, etc. Just overnight, everything dropped off.

I had solid traction and then kaput.

My static pins - keyworded well, designed well - are also getting ZERO traction.

I've heard from SO many people that their accounts were "accidentally caught in the spam filter" and I'm wondering if the same thing happened here?

Can someone please take a look and let me know? - https://www.pinterest.com/coachminky

3 Kudos
4 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Avoid looking at your engagement overnight. Idea Pins need time to bake too on Pinterest. In addition, you'll get more views on certain days more than others. Maybe it's time to experiment with new designs since you mentioned you are using the same strategy. 

Anna Bennett
1 Kudo
picsart
Just visiting

We've had this happen too. We took down the Idea Pin in question and reposted it on another day and it worked about average for us, but not as well as average. Sometimes it's the content/creative and sometimes it's the timing. Worth testing posting again.  

0 Kudos
coachminky
Just visiting

It's suspicious that everything was doing well and then suddenly - crickets. It's not the design nor the strategy. EVERYTHING dropped off to nothing, whereas before the idea pins were hitting 1K easy in just a couple days.

3 Kudos

Hi @coachminky

I'm a Pinterest Manager for photographers. I believe that Pinterest is working on their algorithm to find the right balance of idea pins to static pins, which could be why your idea pins are seeing low impressions. Your idea pins might not be popping up in home feeds and searches as often, even when you do everything right. What I've found with static pins is the more I posted idea pins, my static pins gradually got less reach. I've started focusing more on just static pins and your impressions should go back up with time. Pinterest is just looking for what users want to see and how much.

0 Kudos