cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea Pin Glitch?

maejeanvintage
Just visiting

Hi Pinterest Community!

I just posted a really nice story pin that took quite a bit of time, but some of the text appears to be glitching for me. Each photo is supposed to have some text swiping in and out, and only a couple of the slides are actually showing the animation. All of the other slides show the text grayed-out and slightly off screen, as if it's stuck in the first frame of the animation. Does it look like this for anyone else? I'm disappointed I spent a while on this story pin and it would have looked so nice if it were doing the text animation like it was meant to, and now I can't edit it to try to fix.

Here is the link to the idea pin:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/221872719132932749/

It seems like the issue is occurring on the pages that had animation for the whole duration of the page.

Is there any way to save this idea pin? Any advice is appreciated!

Jess Lynne

Maejean Vintage Photographer/Digital Marketer

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michaelbliss
Loves to help

Hi @maejeanvintage, welcome to the PBC! What software/app are you using to create the animation?

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
4 Replies
michaelbliss
Loves to help

Hi @maejeanvintage, welcome to the PBC! What software/app are you using to create the animation?

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
maejeanvintage
Just visiting

Hi! I made the entire thing directly in Pinterest on mobile. I just uploaded the photos and videos and added text from there, and there's a feature with which I can adjust the duration of how long the text is on screen.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maejeanvintage helllooo! Thanks for flagging this in the PBC. I raised this with our internal team and I'll follow-up once I hear back. 🙂 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
maejeanvintage
Just visiting

Thank you! Just for an update, I've made several idea pins since then and made sure to adjust the duration to start just a little late (like .3 seconds) and end just a little early, and the animation works fine. It seems that the problem only occurred when the duration was set to the entire length of the page but had an animation attached to it.

0 Kudos