cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Unblock Site URL?

coolestparties
Just visiting

Hi @bodymindmood, the SSL Certificate is active.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

hi, okay so we know that the SSL is good.

Can you change the redirect that you did recently? Pinterest is not particularly fond of redirects because the sud domains are not verified and can create a problem especially if there are thousands of pins as you noted in your post pointing to it that could be seen as spam. It may take you getting rid of the redirect(s) to fix the issue.

If you can change the redirect to a separate website and then claim that website on Pinterest as you can now verify more than one site.

Lisa

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @coolestparties!  The spam filter is very sensitive to redirects. I would make sure to use only one DNS provider, mapping all CNAME and redirects with them. It will take a few hours for the DNS to propagate, but this could quickly solve the issue.

Another thing you may want to look at is to claim the subdomain. If you still have access to the AWS hosting for ideas.coolest-homemade-costumes.com, claiming it may clear up the filter. If it's been claimed already, try unclaiming it and claim it once more.

Either way, there is a chance support may have to manually remove the flag because it's been a while your outbound links have been stopped. I would suggest submitting a new request using the term 'redirect issue' in the subject line and see what comes back.

It may take a little time, but I'm sure this can be resolved for you. We're here to help you and want to see you succeed. Please continue posting here as you progress through this.

I'm tagging @bodymindmood and @andrealidesignsto see what they can add.

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@coolestparties  @michaelbliss Well Done Michael!

I didn't know you could claim the sub domain.

I agree, when I saw the redirects I knew that Pinterest does not have a found love of them and will sometimes treat them as spam.

I really hope this helps you I agree with Michael let us know how your progressing here in the PBC - If what we are suggesting works I have doubt this will help other people.

Lisa

1 Kudo
applianceschoices
Just visiting

this link is not working on my laptop https://www.pinterest.com/pin/70437471003231/

0 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@michaelbliss You nailed it. Great tip to allow for time to propagate. Nothing to add here 🤓📌

1 Kudo
PinterestSusana

Hi @wa6811809! And thanks for helping out @bodymindmood!

I would recommend for you to proceed with filing a ticket with our team -- this link goes directly to the team equipped to resolve account-specific issues like these. Please continue working with that team on this as they partner closely with engineering who has the ability to diagnose any issues with Pinterest accounts. I wish there was more I could do here but the teams who work on your ticket are closer to the work being done to resolve your concern.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
wa6811809
Just visiting

How Do I Do It?
It has been weeks since I last contacted support. At present, we have 62K followers on our Pinterest account.A key subdomain of our website with thousands of pins pointed towards it was blocked by Pinterest for no apparent reason. Upon using this link, we are told it has been blocked for possible spam reasons. 

0 Kudos
wa6811809
Just visiting

How Do I Do It?
It has been weeks since I last contacted support. At present, we have 62K followers on our Pinterest account . A key subdomain of our website with thousands of pins pointed towards it was blocked by Pinterest for no apparent reason. Upon using this link, we are told it has been blocked for possible spam reasons. The content of our website doesn't - it's geared towards families.For instance, this pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/224968943861835931/  leads to http://ideas.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/2014/11/  /coolest-voodoo-doll-couple-costume/ . During a recent restructuring, the "coolest ideas..." were rewritten.

0 Kudos
PinterestDebora

Hi @wa6811809, I completely understand your frustration. I can see that you've opened up a ticket with our support team regarding the issue. Please continue working with that team on this as they partner closely with engineering who has the ability to diagnose any issues with Pinterest accounts. I wish there was more I could do here but the teams who work on your ticket are closer to the work being done to resolve your concern. 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos