cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know if your marked as spam?

Highlighted
Just visiting

A few weeks ago, my account views started to go down drastically.. and now it appears I'm not getting any views to things I pin.. How do I know if this is because I was marked as spam or something.. its been so discouraging,  I kinda gave up.. but now I really want to find out why before I start creating new content. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Posts regularly

Hi @knitwitmee 

I know these drops are so very discouraging! A lot of changes have happened on the Pinterest platform this year! Combine that with the crazy year 2020 has been, a lot of creators are feeling the effects! 

Don't give up. We just have some adjustments and adapting to do! 

First, I would contact the Pinterest help desk (click Resources --> Submit A Ticket above) and ask if your *business* account has been affected by the malfunctioning spam filter. If your account was suspended you wouldn't be able to see your account at all. So, if you're seeing it still then we can rule out a suspension 

After that, it will likely come down to following best practices and trying the new features Pinterest has released this year. You can find this info in the Pinterest Academy to start. 

I'm going to tag @PinterestGabby and @PinterestJanice in case they have any other suggestions for you. 

Good luck! 

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

thank you.. but when I open a ticket I can't find the appropriate category.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

Go to:

https://help.pinterest.com/en

Ask any question.

Scroll to the bottom of the answer and look for the red "Contact Us" button.

Once in the ticket area, you may have to clear the reason section by clicking on the x, then a menu will appear.

Under Features or Settings, select "search", "boards" or "Pins"

Under Creators or Creative Tools, select "Pinterest blocked my site"

Anyone of these choices will give you a chance to ask if there is an issue with your account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Thanks for having this question, I ask am confused about spam filter. I know there are many changes, so every times I create pins, I am really careful, however my account views also started to go down significantly. How would I improve and to know what I did incorrect to improve? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for jumping in to help, @abetterresume and @simplepinmedia! ❤️@jadeqinofashion, please take a look at this post for more info regarding impressions and traffic. You can also file a ticket with our support team so they can deep dive into your account. 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby  Thank you so much for the suggestion, I contacted and the team replied me that my account mistakenly was marked as spam. They are going to fix it soon. 

If anyone has issues, please check with the support. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wonderful to hear, @jadeqinofashion! Happy we were able to help! Hope you have a great rest of your week. ❤️ 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

I filed a ticket and haven't heard anything back.. how long does it usually take

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

I have also filed a ticket on the same issue several days ago. 
My views have gone down by 90 % without me changing anything. 
It's really frustrating 😞 

0 Kudos