Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to get engagement? just starting out

iizulle
Just visiting

Hi! I'm trying out Pinterest as a way to promote my artwork and website. This means that I'm very new to the Pinterest game. I'm not looking to gain 50K+ views in my first week but I'd like to know what is possibly normal for a new account and what is not. My account is iizulle and below is what I'm seeing (I'm pretty sure the engagement I'm getting at the moment is just me viewing my own profile...). I post and save around 3-5 times a day (mine and others' pins) and I'm saving from my website and various other places my art might be on the internet.

So, any tips for a newbie?     

5 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@iizulle 

Hi glad you made it to the PBC!

I read your post and I can say you definitely came to the right place.

Consider Reading:

I Want To Grow My Pinterest Business Account - How Do I Do This? 

Pinterest Marketing Expert Actionable Tips for Using Pinterest Trends Tool in 2022 

My Top 3 Tips for Using the PBC  

Creator Tips and Tricks 

10 Tips for Creating Idea Pins for the Creator Rewards Program 

Feeling discouraged, trying to gain new followers? This is for you! 

There are so many more resources that you can check out.

My thoughts stay consistent and post | keep your expectations reasonable and the Pinterest Love ❤️ will come.

I am also tagging some other Pioneers who can definitely give you some great information when getting started and growing on Pinterest.

@JanaOMedia @aloniebeauty @everydaylifewithlaura @terezatoledo @michaelbliss @pinterestmarketingexpert @thehalcyonhive @AmericanoCrystals @simplepinmedia @hostesstori @andrealidesigns 

I hope this will help you.

Lisa

View solution in original post

8 Kudos
16 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@iizulle 

Hi glad you made it to the PBC!

I read your post and I can say you definitely came to the right place.

Consider Reading:

I Want To Grow My Pinterest Business Account - How Do I Do This? 

Pinterest Marketing Expert Actionable Tips for Using Pinterest Trends Tool in 2022 

My Top 3 Tips for Using the PBC  

Creator Tips and Tricks 

10 Tips for Creating Idea Pins for the Creator Rewards Program 

Feeling discouraged, trying to gain new followers? This is for you! 

There are so many more resources that you can check out.

My thoughts stay consistent and post | keep your expectations reasonable and the Pinterest Love ❤️ will come.

I am also tagging some other Pioneers who can definitely give you some great information when getting started and growing on Pinterest.

@JanaOMedia @aloniebeauty @everydaylifewithlaura @terezatoledo @michaelbliss @pinterestmarketingexpert @thehalcyonhive @AmericanoCrystals @simplepinmedia @hostesstori @andrealidesigns 

I hope this will help you.

Lisa

8 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Such an amazing round up of content @bodymindmood 
Thanks for putting it together!

4 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@terezatoledo 

Thank you for that I love hearing everyone’s thoughts and these were great articles.

@andrealidesigns you all did a smashing job on the Meet n Greet.

Lisa

4 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi, @iizulle! I would recommend creating some Idea pins in the next few weeks. They are the most engaging type of content on the platform, and getting the most reach right now. 

Here's a good help center article about Idea pins: 
https://help.pinterest.com/en/article/create-idea-pins

And here are the creative best practices: 
https://business.pinterest.com/creative-best-practices/ 

Because Idea pins will get you more reach, and because they are just by nature more engaging, you'll see better engagement stats if you create some of them on your profile! 

Have fun! 

5 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bodymindmood Thanks Lisa! You always bring such positive vibes here in the PBC! 🤓📌

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@andrealidesigns 

Back at you love to include and learn from our team | community.

Everyone was great today thank you for doing that.

Lisa

3 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Thanks for the mention @bodymindmood 

3 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@pinterestmarketingexpert 

Hi Anna

Hope you are doing well?

Always a pleasure to tag you into a good conversation.

Lisa

1 Kudo
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@iizulle If you have other channels that are larger with good engagement (like an email list, FB, IG) you can share your Pins there. I like to give a specific reason for people to jump to another platform. So for example, I'll create Idea Pins with video content of me making something  and that content I don't share anywhere else. So, I can say "Click the link to watch me make this recipe on Pinterest."

Sometimes leveraging your community somewhere else can help you get that initial traction. Hope that helps!

2 Kudos